[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks Busy Today!

Bonehand

Lot's of pre-draft action in Kirkland!

KIRKLAND -- An already busy day at the Seahawks headquarters got even busier when free-agent cornerback Andre Dyson agreed to a five-year, $17.5 million deal that includes a $3 million signing bonus.

Earlier in the day, former University of Washington wide receiver Jerome Pathon signed a multi-year contract. Later today, veteran linebacker Chad Brown will be released to clear room under the salary cap so linebacker Jamie Sharper can sign the five-year, $17.5 million contract he agreed to last week.

Brown was scheduled to make $4.2 million this season and declined to accept a pay cut to a $1 million deal with incentives for sacks.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/221...pathon21ww.html

Edited by Bonehand

Have the Seahawks cut Bobby Taylor yet?  I hated to see the Eagles let him go but after what he did last year (or I should say didn't do) and what the Eagles got from their young corners I am glad they let him go.

788630[/snapback]

Not yet. From what I hear, he would be cut after June 1st to minimize the cap hit.

And with the signings of Pathon & Jurevicious, the writing is kind of on the wall that Koren Robinson may share that same fate.

Edited by Bonehand

They are some legitimate signings right there my friend. Dyson replaces lucas and they get youger at linebacker and maybe found a guy who can catch a football 2 out of the 3 times you throw it to him. good stuff

788635[/snapback]

AAANnnnd, they still have 10 picks with which to make an impact this weekend. While I have always liked Chad Brown & am very sorry to see him on the way out, I do like that the team is making a concrete effort to fix their shortcomings & move to the next level. Things are interesting in Seattle, that's for sure!

Edited by Bonehand

:D  ....Dyson..... apparently the Jets are on auto pilot and the altimeter is broken.  :hoppingmad:

788733[/snapback]

Don't worry about it they'll be fine. Maybe they can pick up Troy Brown to play corner for them.

:D  ....Dyson..... apparently the Jets are on auto pilot and the altimeter is broken.  :hoppingmad:

788733[/snapback]

as much as i hate to say it (being a miami fan),

TY LAW WILL BE A JET @ THE START OF THE SEASON. :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ya know I gotta chime in today boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always really liked Dyson. Teams constantly try to pick on him with Rolle on the other side and he usually rises to the occasion. I think he actually may be even better than Ken Lucas, and for the money (3 million bonus instead of Lucas' 13), this is tremendous news. I really thought we should go after this guy but didn't think we would have the will or money to make it happen.

I'm probably the biggest Jerome Pathon fan on this site. He used to be my Reggie Williams. I was probably 14 when Pathon was at UW. I've noticed that his hands have been subpar in the pros, but geez when that guy was a Husky his hands were insane!!! I think maybe he's too small and got hit too hard as a rookie. Is it possible being back in the Northwest can revive his hands??

Koren. Too many days at the pub. Coulda been pretty good. Peace.

Bobby T. Thanks for your 10 plays last year, oh yeah, and that cap hit this year. Later

Chad. I'm gonna miss ya man. You were a one man wrecking crew, and you ultimately ended up paying the price. One of my favorite all-time Hawks. Thanks.

-As for the draft....the top 4 or 5 pass rushers figure to be gone by the time the Hawks pick @ 23. You've still only got 1 linebacker!! Take Channing Crowder, the best defensive playmaker still on the board!!

A WR corps of Jackson, Robinson, Engram, Jurevicius, and Pathon is super solid for a short game, leaves a bit for a long-game though.

Does this really mean Robinson is getting cut? Who are they going to replace him with? Crackhead or not, he's got some talent and who's available that's better?

Think the Dyson pick up is great. Trufant, Dyson and Herndon is nice depth. My only concern is if they cut Koren I don't see who is going to be that number 1 wr. Not that he has lived up to that billing this past year anyway. Btw, have you guys heard anything locally regarding trading SA on draft day?

Think the Dyson pick up is great. Trufant, Dyson and Herndon is nice depth. My only concern is if they cut Koren I don't see who is going to be that number 1 wr. Not that he has lived up to that billing this past year anyway. Btw, have you guys heard anything locally regarding trading SA on draft day?

790073[/snapback]

Only that the offers don't appear to be there....if they trade him, don't they lose the franchise tag next year?

I guess they're gonna give Koren a chance to get to all the workouts and minicamps and see if he has learned anything during the offseason. If his character is an issue again, he's gone. Personally, I see him at the pub way too often to think he has somehow matured.