[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Harrington

My best guess is that Joey starts the year under center, and that he does well enough to hold off Garcia's shadow. Still don't expect it to be a "break-out" season statistically (which is all that counts with regard to fantasy)... but I think he'll show himself to be serviceable.

If he's not showing himself to be serviceable, and/or the Lions aren't winning by mid-season, Garcia will be back in the saddle. But again, I don't look for that to happen.

My best guess is that Joey starts the year under center, and that he does well enough to hold off Garcia's shadow.  Still don't expect it to be a "break-out" season statistically (which is all that counts with regard to fantasy)... but I think he'll show himself to be serviceable.

If he's not showing himself to be serviceable, and/or the Lions aren't winning by mid-season, Garcia will be back in the saddle.  But again, I don't look for that to happen.

805430[/snapback]

Uh... no.

If Harrington is simply "servicable", you will see Garcia on the field. In fact, if he doesn't do anything short of "breaking out", you will see Garcia. Shame, too, cuz I think Harrington potentially could be a solid QB. He'll need a year to develop with these three stud WRs and good RB... but he may not be afforded that kind of time.

Word out of Lions mini-camp(which of course doesn't really mean alot since it is mini-camp)is that Garcia looked really bad. Mooch trotted out his excuses for Jeff saying he hadn't been throwing alot recently and didn't get enough reps and so on......but I'm of the opinion that Garcia may just be shot and Joey actually could get a little more leeway if Garcia doesn't really improve in training camp.

I think Harrington is a good sleeper pick late/middle round risk. He is being surrounded by talent on the offensive side of the ball, well at least at the skill positions. Joey shows at times he is a pretty good qb. I think he will improve his numbers. Garcia is not a cure and in my mind at best is a band aid maybe. I will be looking for him late on draft day and as a backup to my starter. I'm thinking round 9-13 depending on how the draft goes. I can see people being scared off by Garcia but with both the Williams boys and Rodgers as well as a good running back. That is a pretty good fantasy receipe for a qb.

Word out of Lions mini-camp(which of course doesn't really mean alot since it is mini-camp)is that Garcia looked really bad. Mooch trotted out his excuses for Jeff saying he hadn't been throwing alot recently and didn't get enough reps and so on......but I'm of the opinion that Garcia may just be shot and Joey actually could get a little more leeway if Garcia doesn't really improve in training camp.

805928[/snapback]

Heard the same thing. Mooch making excuses for his boy. :D

This is a make or break year for Joey. With three big-time receivers, and a good RB. If he doesn't produce in the first 3 games, he's gone.

Me personally, I'll take him as my starting QB this year. I think he's gonna have a breakout year.

Harrington was done last year.  I'd rather have Feedler than Harrington.

805858[/snapback]

WOW ... the only time (in his career as far as I'm concerned) Fiedler was called a passer was in the Monday Night game on Nov 1st against the Jets when the Jets got flagged for a Roughing The Passer penalty. Even then, I coulda swore I saw the ref smirking when he said it.

• 3 weeks later...
Joey should see the writing on the wall!! If not  that's his bad!! One slip up and it's a done deal!

834415[/snapback]

You guys are mailing this one in too early. He had 19 TDs and only 12 INTs last year and his whole offense was injured. I'm thinking this is the year he breaks out.

Me personally, I'll take him as my starting QB this year. I think he's gonna have a breakout year.

819387[/snapback]

You better hope he's this year's Drew Brees!!! :D

You better hope he's this year's Drew Brees!!!  :D

834541[/snapback]

I think Joey will convert back to his Oregon days...he definately has the weapons and I think has the talent to indeed be the sleeper of the NFL - Like a Drew Brees.

This is a make or  break year for Joey.  With three big-time receivers, and a good RB.  If he doesn't produce in the first 3 games, he's gone.

819387[/snapback]

I'm a big Detroit fan and a Harrington supporter from the start. But I agree, 3 games and if he still looks a little scetchy, I'd be putting in a guy who has QB'd a west coast offense in the past. Maybe even after 2 games.

Having said that, I have faith that Joey will be the starter all season. I too plan on picking him up. I have C. Pep as a starter, but if I can pick up Harrington to prevent someone else from taking him, I'll do it.

Garcia is washed up ... I know it is his old coach and it isn't the Browns but he looked absolutely terrible last year (except he didn't do too bad in the game against the Eagles) ... but he had a little motivation for that one.

I think Harrington will do a little better this year ... as good as Brees last year probably not, but he definitely has the offensive weapons to do it ... question is, can he use them?

Harrington has had some flashes. His WRs always seem to be hurt and he really hasn't had a running game to speak of until the second half of last season when Jones seemed to become comfortable.

I think he can step up with the talent he's got around now, if they stay healthy for more than a game or two. Before Williams got banged up, he looked like he was the next coming of... fill in the blank. Someone was throwing to him, right? My bet is on Harrington to have a good season. I'll take him as my backup though, I'm not that much of a gambler with my FF team. :D