[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like more IDP content but why would there need to be a seperate forum for it?

809004[/snapback]

Just makes things easier to find. Same reason why people would want a College forum or an Other Sports forum.

Just makes things easier to find. Same reason why people would want a College forum or an Other Sports forum.

809044[/snapback]

:D Well then change my vote from indifferent to in favor of it just so I can watch the :D about whether the thread belongs in the IDP Forum or the IDP Advice forum.

:D

I guess the stongest statement I could make is.... please don't hit me.... I joined "another FF site". The reason? Mostly because of the wealth of IDP info. I'll still be a paying memebr of the Huddle, this site has things I love that the others don't, but now that I am in one, soon to be two IDP leagues, I need as much info as possible. Homers are often the best source of info on IDP's because it's so dynamic, starters and schemes are constantly changing. Knowing what LB's won't play in a team's nickel or dime defense can have a big impact on a FF team's success, IMHO. Along these lines, I'd also like to see a little more coverage of IDP stuff in the articles too. I would be pretty active in an IDP forum.

Edited to remove the name of the "other site".

Edited by Rovers

I am going to have to agree with DMD on this one. IDP leagues will never catch on so there is no need for an IDP forum. In other unrelated news, DMD and I both agree that the automobile will never replace the horse and buggy; microwave ovens and video games will never catch on; and nobody will ever buy anything over the internet...

:D I remember a thread....almost 2 years ago probably. There were a few of us discussing the growing popularity of IDP and we all debated the topic. I wonder if DMD still feels the way he did about it then. :D There wasn't nearly as much support for IDP at the time as this thread has garnished, but the argument that a few us made then was that it was growing in popularity, and needed to be addressed. I'm in 5 leagues now, only 1 is not IDP. I think that will be the case more and more often with FF players in general. Back then, I remember a few statistics thrown around that most FF players or the "main stream" anyway, did not play IDP. I think that probably has shifted some, and will only continue to do so even more. No disrepect, but Ray Charles could have seen this coming. We've fell behind here a bit in IDP IMO, and are still playing catch up so to speak. Anything else to add more "IDP" around here would be beneficial IMO, including a forum. :D

I'm a huddler through & through, however, I've found myself "straying" in a need to find IDP information. It makes me feel dirty, but, I have no choice. I've been disappointed that the huddle hasn't cranked up the IDP info. That is the area they could benefit many of the hardcore members more than any other(& the number of IDP leagues keeps growing). Once someone plays in an IDP league, they are hooked & don't want to join anymore "regular" leagues. Information on offensive players can be found anywhere. What is setting sites apart now is the amount of IDP information.

I think a forum is a must. I would also think an IDP news section would be awesome & not only start to get the huddle back in the game, but, back toward the front where they belong.

Come on DMD, replace that 8 track with a CD player & crank up the IDP info! :D

Thanks! :D

$hitcan the guy you have doing the idp reports now, he blows monkeyballs. where did you find that cracker at any way??? just kidding, corky had done a fine job considering what he has to work with.....(you know, upstairs). and idp forum would be nice but.....how necessary? it could just as easily be posted in the regular forum.....right??? although, with so much of the crap that is posted during the season, good topics could get whisked away quickly to the bottom of the page.

If it's any consolation... in case DMD and the "powers that be" decide a forum dedicated to IDP is unnecessary...

I will be running my "IDP WDIS" thread in the Fantasy Advice Forum again this coming season. Much like Hugh 0ne's incredibly good (no, really) thread related to weekly WDIS questions, I attempt to offer similar support. In fact, Hugh himself found his way to my thread each of the 6 or 7 weeks I did this.

I still contend an IDP forum would be most welcomed by Huddle Nation!

:D

P.S. Sorry if I already mentioned this in this thread; it's been a long day. :D

I agree with others who have said that they feel the need to venture elsewhere for IDP information. 3 of the 4 leagues I play in right now are IDP, and I think it would definitely be a nice addition to the site.

last yr we did try to get a consensus IDP Cheat Sheet done but I think it didnt go as well as it would have if it was in its own forum

809448[/snapback]

Are you talking about the mock we were involved in last year?