[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP forum

Are you talking about the mock we were involved in last year?

809666[/snapback]

well we did a Succesful Mock...but then we tried to do a Consensus for IDPs by position we just didnt have enough voters like for skippys consensus but i think a forum for IDP would alleviate that problem(threads kept getting pushed down)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we did a Succesful Mock...but then we tried to do a Consensus for IDPs by position we just didnt have enough voters like for skippys consensus but i think a forum for IDP would alleviate that problem(threads kept getting pushed down)

809751[/snapback]

I think there's a lot of good stuff that would get more attention in it's own forum. I've already got a couple of ideas for topic starters & possibly yearly forum features that probably wouldn't get the attention they deserve in the Pro Football or Fantasy Advice forums.

I'd really rather stay at this site for most of my FF stuff, but, bottom line, if I did that now, my IDP teams would be far less competitive. DMD, your loyal customers are asking for something that would help us remain loyal..... please hear our plea! :D

I would certainly frequent it, however, I don't think it would be as well-traveled as you think it might be.

810066[/snapback]

Just take a look at some of the other sites that have the IDP content & you'll see that it will. Maybe not at first, but as more people see that feature here the traffic would increase.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I do know that until it's available here, even though I don't want to, I'm forced to use other sites for that feature.

I would certainly frequent it, however, I don't think it would be as well-traveled as you think it might be.

810066[/snapback]

At the risk of having a hughmonghous chit storm launched in my general direction.... this forum is not as frequented as I thought it would be either at this time of year. I was told in unmistakable terms in the Tailgate that expecting a lot of homer reports from mini camps was not very reasonable. IMHO, the idea that mini camp reports are pretty much useless for non IDP is correct. On the flip side, because the very nature of player turnover and more frequent NFL defensive scheme changes in IDP related areas makes reports from mini camps quite important. Since the Huddle all but ignores IDP, I should have expected to be told where to get off. I did get off. I joined another site. I didn't want to... really, I didnt.

If the Huddle spent more time and some resources on the continual growing interest in IDP, I think there would be much more activity, both in this forum and in an IDP forum. No, it wouldn'thappen overnight, but the Huddle is behind the curve on this, and I don''t think putting IDP on the back burner is a good idea. How many of us have already said we aren't comfortable going to another site? I feel like Benedict Arnold over here. Dynasty leagues with IDP are drafting now. I can't wait for preseason reports to come out, I have to make draft decisions NOW.

Another message board that shall remain nameless also has an IDP board, and while I frequent it, it's A LOT slower than any other forum at that site. Which isn't to say I don't pick up the good tidbit from time to time. I'm just saying the volume is pretty low as it relates to the volume of the other forums at the site.

Still and all, I think it's worth a go here. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just like the NFL forum, where DMD and crew bring us all of the new information, but at times homers and others can bring a little more insight or breaking news on IDP info.

809010[/snapback]

I agree. Definitely should have it's own forum.