[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help in scoring system

cliaz

Hey there huddlers, it's been a long time. Gotta hit you all up for some help.

I'm splitting off of my old league that I've been on for over 6 years now and starting my own league. I was asked by six of the owners to start a league that I run my self.

So...i'm setting up a 12 team, 4 division keeper league with 16 man roster and 1 slot for injury reserve and need some help picking a scoring system...so far i've been thinking of something along this line....

O scoring

1 pt per 10 yards receiving, rushing.

1 point per 25 yards passing.

6 pt TDs

2 pt, 2 point conv.

1 pt extra points

3 point field goals up to 49 yards

4 point field goals 50+ yards

Bonus of +1 point to TD if it's 25 - 49 yards

Bonus of +2 points to TD if it's 50 - 75 yards

Bonus of +3 points if it's 75+ yards

ints = -1 pt

fumbles = -1 pt

D scoring

Shut outs = +5 pts

2 - 6 points = 12

7 - 14 points = 9

15 - 21 points = 6

22 - 29 points = 3

30+ points = 0

ints = +1 pt

fumbles = +1 pt

sacks = +1 pt

safety = +2 pts

block FG or Extra point = +2pts

DTD = 6 pts

That's all I have. If anyone has any suggestions at all please let me know.

THANKS!

Edited by cliaz

You might want to consider making passing TD's either 3 or 4 points instead of 6 points. I feel 6-point passing TD's really weighs the offensive scoring too much in favor of QB's. JMHO.

You might want to consider making passing TD's either 3 or 4 points instead of 6 points. I feel 6-point passing TD's really weighs the offensive scoring too much in favor of QB's. JMHO.

810937[/snapback]

Hey Chargerz! what's shaking? Thanks, i'll look into that.

• 4 weeks later...
I run a league like that my scoring system is different take a look!

http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/13803

834454[/snapback]

I went to look at the scoring just out of curiosity and I didn't see a spot to view the scoring ... at the top of the page it says "You must be logged into this league as an owner to see My Options"

Edited by max

810937[/snapback]

We've kept our local at 6, but we have bonus points for receptions...but only after a RB/WR/TE has a minimum of 5--1 pt. per starting with their 5th.

Not to high on this because it will wreck your league if to much in your league I recommend 2-3.

834507[/snapback]

Good info here.

Cliaz, I would agree with Chargerz on the 4 points per TD pass (unless you have P Manning). Let me know if you have any openings, I would love another local league (Skins had mentioned he would as well).

my leagues we have +3 for td receptions over 20 yds, rushing tds over 10 and +6 for rec td over 50 and rushing td over 40. all tds start at 6. passing td over 25 =+2 and over 50 is +6. as i'm starting a new league, i think i'll tinker w/the system a little bit. one thing that's always bothered me is that a sack, fumble and int for team D are all one point. Shouldn't an int or fumble recover be worth more? we've also had qb ints as -1 and i think it should be -2.

Hey there huddlers, it's been a long time.  Gotta hit you all up for some help. 

I'm splitting off of my old league that I've been on for over 6 years now and starting my own league.  I was asked by six of the owners to start a league that I run my self.

So...i'm setting up a 12 team, 4 division keeper league with 16 man roster and 1 slot for injury reserve and need some help picking a scoring system...so far i've been thinking of something along this line....

O scoring

1 pt per 10 yards receiving, rushing.

1 point per 25 yards passing.

6 pt TDs

2 pt, 2 point conv.

1 pt extra points

3 point field goals up to 49 yards

4 point field goals 50+ yards

Bonus of +1 point to TD if it's 25 - 49 yards

Bonus of +2 points to TD if it's 50 - 75 yards

Bonus of +3 points if it's 75+ yards

ints = -1 pt

fumbles = -1 pt

D scoring

Shut outs = +5 pts

2 - 6 points = 12

7 - 14 points = 9

15 - 21 points = 6

22 - 29 points = 3

30+ points = 0

ints = +1 pt

fumbles = +1 pt

sacks = +1 pt

safety = +2 pts

block FG or Extra point = +2pts

DTD = 6 pts

That's all I have.  If anyone has any suggestions at all please let me know.

THANKS!

810824[/snapback]

I _highly_ recommend 2 things:

Instead of requiring a 2nd RB, allow a WR substitute in a "flex" format. Large leagues in particular are _very_ RB-dependant. He who has the most generally wins. This takes alot of the management and decision making out, particularly on draft day. You have to get RB, period, and if you're in the "big swing" picks, you pretty much HAVE to pick a RB over a superior WR or else face the bottom of the barrel on the next swing.

.5 points per catch, (round as you like, or not, we round up all 1/2 in one league and score the 1/2 in other) for WR and TE only. This really pulls the 2nd tier WR closer to the 2nd tier RB in total scoring. The top 30 non-qb's are a virtual split between the two positions. Combined with the above, it really gives owner a ton of flexibility in roster and draft management.

I am in 2 leagues like this, and there is virtually no competitive advantage to drafting RB "ahead of schedule" in the desperate attempt to not get locked out of RB's. 19 owners (one 12 man, one 8 man, I"m in both) and they all swear by these changes we made. It really opens up the management of roster/lineup by removing the dependance on having 2 (really 3 to cover byes and potential injuries) quality RB.