[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where Does Tatum Bell get Picked

I'm thinking late 1st or early 2nd. I've seen guys have him ranked high enough to warrent a mid 1st round pick though. I like him alot and if he can stay healthy he has the potential be a top 5 RB IMO. That being said I think he's a risk because of his injury history. I'm not sure how much he was injured during his college career but he wasn't able to stay on the field long enough last year to establish himself. You can never really trust Shanny but once he finds a RB who performs, he'll stick with him (unless he screws up). There won't be a RBBC in Denver IMO.

I think he'll be a solid second round pick. When he's healthy, he's exciting to watch!! It's just that "injury-prone" tag that has me a little worried.

Edited by Chargerz

If he plays 24/7 1st round middle

812168[/snapback]

Who's got the crystal ball?  He had a hard time staying healthy at Oklahoma State as well.  He'll go too early in many drafts.

812272[/snapback]

Crystal ball comment is right on. :D Unless you can play half the season then go back and make the pick then the "if he plays" thought process eliminates him from 1st round consideration.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again and again... You either like the guy as a high pick or not. You don't "take chances" with your first pick.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with B.S. on this one, you just can't afford to take risks with your first rounder. I've blown two second rounders in the past two years (Barlow, W.Green), and I would have been dead without big production from my first rounders.

I'd take Bell middle second after the likes of K. Jones, J. Jones, and D. Davis.

I've put a lot of thought into this already. Late 2nd round seems like the earliest Bell should be going, though some will likely reach a lot earlier than that. Early 3rd as a #2 RB is probably where I'd personally start to look for him, unless there was better value on the table. Early 3rd round in a RB-RB-RB Faulk strategy would be the ideal way of adding Bell to your roster, IMO. Because his upside is superb. But there is too much uncertainty surrounding the Denver backfield for anyone to bank on Bell being the starter in Denver for 16 games (excluding the "average" injury risk all players face), which is the downside risk in drafting him as your #2 RB early and then moving on to other positions.

Edited by yo mama

In the Huddle mock going on right now at AntSports he went at 3.01. Just about right!  :D

833333[/snapback]

How's this for consistency? Along with the mock Chargerz mentioned, he has gone 2.12 and 3.02 in two other mocks that I know are going right now.