[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Commentary

Dang, I was gonna snag him with my next pick :D

Figured that was an error and was going to make Perch pay for it.  :D

Speaking of paying...

Pick 16.07 (#187 overall) - Assuming Droughns gets the starting nod in Cleveland, Could be a HUGH value.

815095[/snapback]

:D:D:D

they sure are treating him like they want him to be their starter & saviour :oldrolleyes:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D*mn you Frazia and Sarge!

Really liked Bell and Claiborne (in that order) in the 16th round. Thought I'd get at least one of them, and had to settle for Watson.

But, in my best Darin voice..... :D

I really think I got myself a steal at 17.02 with Courtney Watson. Here's a defense that once again will be on the field all game long and he's the starting MLB. Assuming that he stays injury free, he'll start more than the 8 games he did last year, and with a year under his belt, will be a solid, but not flashy player. I just simply can't believe that I got him here!!!! :D:D:D

Yeah, I took Brees. If Manning ever went down, I'm sunk, but maybe not with Brees on the roster. Call it an insurance policy. Besides, that takes a top ten QB away from one of the teams that didn't go QB yet. I thought about Collins there, but I felt Brees is the safer backup, although Collins' upside is HUGH. I might have to bench 'ol Peyton when the Colts go to NE on Nov 6, I'm sure it will be snowing on a cold blustery Monday night!

I Pre-Drafted round 18, but not round 19.

I am heading out to a Kane County Cougars baseball game and will check back in later. Game starts at 6:00 and should be back by 9:00.

Sorry if this will slow anything down, but I've been pretty quick up to this point in time.

Pick 17.06 (#198 overall) - Not much in the way of commentary here, other than I like Kampman's abilities and think he'll get at least 8 sacks this season. Needed to get a solid starting DT, and according to my rankings, the dropoff after Kampman is noticable. So, I now have a complete starting roster and I feel pretty good about what I have.

ok....Sarge couldn't wait to tell me he was taking my guy (in Fusion...Winfield)....only for us to watch Fraz take him. :D

I felt bad for Sarge.....only for a second....cuz then he goes and takes MY pick. :D

Sheesh....that's 5 picks he's scarfed just ahead of me......lol.

Bunz, nice pick. I was thinking about McCariens too, but went with Calico simply because I have too many Jets already! His career year was under OC Heimerdinger, and now Dinger is the Jets OC. I think he, as well as the Jets passing O will be much better this year.

Bunz, nice pick. I was thinking about McCariens too, but went with Calico simply because I have too many Jets already! His career year was under OC Heimerdinger, and now Dinger is the Jets OC. I think he, as well as the Jets passing O will be much better this year.

815330[/snapback]

exactly what i was going to say rovers the only thing that kept me from taking him was that i have Coles...the OC part is HUGH IMO

Pick 18.07 (#211 overall) - Solid LBs are still out there, but I couldn't resist taking this potential stud here. Many NFL teams passed on Derrick Johnson, but I couldn't. Not on that defense... he's gonna have plenty of tackling opportunities with his sideline-to-sideline speed. I now have a pretty solid LB corps. Now have to build some depth at DB and DL.

Thanks guys. Sort of scary that quite a few of us have the exact same thoughts and picks even this late into the draft. We may be better at this drafting business than we think. :D

Actually....I sort of like this 12-team format. Win a few and lose a few. :D

I held off on a TE.... can't believe I got Eric Johnson in the 18th round. This 12 team IDP thing is fun. There are some very different strategies goin on out there. Should make for an interesting season, too! :D

I coudlnt take a 2nd TE that soon,  maybe the 2nd best pick of the draft.  the first imo is Winfield the #1 CB as far as you dropped.  D@mn you frazia.  Winfield missed 2 games and half another or he would have been top 3 what 3 yrs in a row now.

815424[/snapback]

You still bellyachin' about that?.....lol. :D

Darin..... Blaylock? What did I do to get you all po'd? Why in the world would you take Blaylock there? Grrrr.......  :D

815430[/snapback]

:D

CuMar's not getting any younger and Houston won't be ready right away. I feel pretty solid at all positions so figured I'd take the best remaining RB.

J E T S JETS JETS JETS :D

Well I guess i should chime in with a :D to darin for his pick of Suggs earlier and to Digital Dan :D & :D as I was all over Palmer with my next pick....I have Palmer rated in the top 10 and think he will have a fabulous yr...I guess i got to cute taking clarett last round over Palmer...but then Frazia and Sarge had to go and start the BACKUP QB run when i didnt have one....at that point i was worried i would miss out on Palmer...but Jake Delhomme is just the kind of QB that fits my squad....with the studs i have elsewhere I just need a QB that is going to be consistently solid and not up and down....I see Jake as that type of QB so I am not upset i got stuck with him...but I liked PALMERS UPSIDE Much Much MORE! Maybe I should start a KICKER RUN :D

Pick 19.06 (#222 overall) - With all starting positions (minus K) filled, and starting to build very good depth everywhere, I decided to grab the best remaining RB. Derrick Blaylock could serve as a solid "change of pace back", but let's recall, LaMont Jordan's now in silver & black, and Cedric Houston won't be ready for full-time duty if/when CuMar goes down with an injury. I think I got a moderately big steal here. If nothing else, he's my #5 RB and will provide some insurance.

Pick 20.07 (#235 overall) - I had Ken Hamlin rated pretty high on my overall DB list, so getting him in the 20th round is a mild surprise. With Lucas gone, Hamlin could potentially have a pretty big year. He'll be a solid #3 starting DB.

Pick 21.06 (#246 overall) - Well Sarge should feel vindicated for me taking one of his picks from under his nose earlier in the draft. I had my sights set on Thornton, and after perusing the remaining LBs, decided to go in a different direction here. I'll admit, Peerless Price will be considered a reach, but if Vick is finally able to throw the ball downfield with authority, Price could have some big games. The addition of Roddy White will help take pressure off Crumpler and Price. Bit of a risk, sure, but he's my #5 WR so he could just ride pine all season.

I'm still crying in my beer over Darin's Blaylock pick. I'm not deep at RB, and I wanted to get that handcuff to Martin in the worst way. I thought he'd last another round and took Winfield instead. :bawling: On my next pick, I settled for Crockett behind Jordan. Through 20 rounds, darin has 5 RB's! :bigshock: There is a strategy that completely escapes me, given the fact you only start 2 RB's, and darin still had open starting spots yet to fill, including one at the DB spot. To each his own!

I am happy with my LB corp, Vilma, Hartwell, M Washington and Quarles. Since we start 3, that looks solid to me even for bye weeks. I took a chance on Cowart. He could have a very good year if he holds onto that starting MLB spot in Minny. Worth a flier, me thinks.