[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Commentary

spain, nice pick! I had Lewis at #3 on my RB list. Darin.... Dillon? Really? :scratchesheadwalksawaymumbling:

812752[/snapback]

MANNING? You read we have to have 5 RBs right? You read that passing TDs are 4 points, right? :D You're the last person that should be questioning anyone's picks at this point.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry,  I was cheating at poker in another browser window.

812751[/snapback]

Well, you need to start cheating at fantasy football because that Dillon pick sucks ass...

1.07 Jamal Lewis RB Baltimore Satans

Lewis missed 4 or 5 games last year and didnt quite live up to expectations. Of course that happens when you have a federal indictment for cocaine distribution hanging over your head. Anyhow, I look for Lewis and the Ravens to have a much better season this year. Kyle Blower obviously needs to step up and take some pressure off the running game. But with the addition of Derrick Mason and 1st round draft pick Mark Clayton, their wr corps will be vastly improved. Lewis is big strong and fast. Look for him to get the ball alot and be one of the top 5 rb's in terms of ff production this year..

Edited by spain

First you say this...

Well, you need to start cheating at fantasy football because that Dillon pick sucks ass...

812764[/snapback]

And then you say this...

1.07  Jamal Lewis RB Baltimore Satans

Lewis missed 4 or 5 games last year and didnt quite live up to expectations.  Of course that happens when you have a federal indictment for cocaine distribution hanging over your head.  Anyhow, I look for Lewis and the Ravens to have a much better season this year.  Kyle Blower obviously needs to step up and take some pressure off the running game.  But with the addition of Derrick Mason and 1st round draft pick Mark Clayton, their wr corps will be vastly improved.  Lewis is big strong and fast.  Look for him to get the ball alot and be one of the top 5 rb's in terms of ff production this year..

812774[/snapback]

:D

You might want to invest in this. Enjoy the read.

I can see that we will have to put this on a free site like Yahoo..... Dillon?  :D  :D  He's a low second tier RB! Yea, i'll take the top ranked QB in the NFL over a low second tier RB in the first round ANYTIME!

812780[/snapback]

Low second tier RB? With all due respect, Rovers, you have absolutely no clue.

Dillon?  :D  :D  He's a low second tier RB! Yea, i'll take the top ranked QB in the NFL over a low second tier RB in the first round ANYTIME!

812780[/snapback]

agreed. I have several other rb's rated ahead of dillon. I have no qb's rated ahead of manning.

Bunz, I see you down there, are you going to make a selection, or are you the typical indecisive woman?

812783[/snapback]

I have a partner in crime here....makes the decision process a little more nervewracking :D I like the McGahee pick...but I'm not sure if left on my own I would have done this. Picking a guy in the first round that has never played a full season sort of goes against my FF religion. :D

And the mock being this early....the Travis Henry question isn't settled yet...sort of a big question mark here. :D His averages for only starting 11 games are pretty good.....and I know he could catch the ball in college. We shall see.

LOL :D

Edit to add:....I PM'd Keg that he was up.

Edited by SteelBunz

Nice pick at 1.10 Dan! i actually had Duece Mcallister and Jamal Lewis rated even and had pre-selected them both at 1.7. I thought for sure Darin3 would take one of those 2 players at 1.6 and I would get whoever was left over. I think you got great value at 1.10.

Edited by spain

I took CPep for a couple of reasons here. The first reason is that this years RB field is deeper than I can ever remember it, and I feel confident that I can find two good RB's with two of my next three picks. I also agree with the points that Rover maid about the drop off between the first two or three QBs and the rest of the QB's. Last year CPep had a huge year, though over shadowed by Manning. When I first thought about taking CPep I was concerned with what life would be like with out Moss, so I went to the stats. During the three games that Moss missed completely, CPep threw 7 TD's. In those three games his QB rating in two of the three was higher than his average QB rating for the year.

Perch, I understand the point differential logic here.... after last year, with the enforcement of the interference rules, the old RB, RB, strategy is still good, but with the increase in QB production, and a deeper RB pool this year.... not a bad pick. McNabb is trickier.... without Owens, he may return to being the QB he was in 2003.

Dan.... value pick of round one so far.

Keg, LMAO! Moss? And you made fun of the Manning pick?! :D Very risky pick there.... no one knows how the Oakland thing will work out. It cant be compared to last year's Owens team change, Owens was the only reciever on Philly. Collins can be shaky, and Moss has to share tosses with Porter. yer a piece of werk! :D

Keg, LMAO! Moss? And you made fun of the Manning pick?!  :D  Very risky pick there.... no one knows how the Oakland thing will work out. It cant be compared to last year's Owens team change, Owens was the only reciever on Philly. Collins can be shaky, and Moss has to share tosses with Porter. yer a piece of werk!  :D

812861[/snapback]

:D Hurray, we agree! :D I knew it wouldn't take long, friend! :D

Yeah. Moss in Oakland... could he flop? Quite possibly. Collins throwing the rock... risssssssssky business there, fellas and fellettes.

d@mn Rajn. Its round 1, and if you know your leaving, predraft. How hard is this. I dont get this. I created the MFL site for 2 reasons, to keep the roster requirements in check and so we could predraft to keep this moving. It may be time to double up folks to ensure this gets done. Weekends may be slow for some, so that leaves about 10 days to do 32 rounds, or 3+ rounds a day. At this pace we wont finish round 15 before the deadline.

Have some respect for what your doing here. Its a mock for a published book for the huddle that you were given the opportunity to take part in. Also show some respect to your fellow huddlers who are online waiting. There I said my peace.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

coming from someone who took Dillon @ 6.  :D

hey pot... kettle here... you're black. :D

812895[/snapback]

:D Show me the link to one - ANY - "expert" that has Dillon rated below the top 5 RBs.

Are you sure you guys know how to play fantasy football? I mean, really. :D