[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Commentary

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rajn,  for the last time, its not BS.  You knew you were about to be up, and should have pre-drafted.    Anyway,  were past that now.  Hopefully I got my point across.

813009[/snapback]

When I left my office we were still waiting on Darin, 8 picks out from mine. When I got to Hitman's office shortly after it was almost my pick but I couldn't predraft at that point because I didn't have the IP link. Which is the reason I said I needed it quick. Apparently I didn't get it quick enough.

Rajn:  I am not mad at you for leaving everyone hanging for an hour.  But I am still mad about you posting that MH pic where you are your brother were imitating the "ambiguously gay duo"... :D

813021[/snapback]

Why, wasn't it gay enough for you? :confused:

Nice pick at 1.10 Dan!  i actually had Duece Mcallister and Jamal Lewis rated even and had pre-selected them both at 1.7.  I thought for sure Darin3 would take one of those 2 players at 1.6 and I would get whoever was left over.  I think you got great value at 1.10.

812809[/snapback]

nice pick dan i was waiting for him and you yanked him out from under me

Keg proving once again why one should not start drinking at 8:00 am...

812822[/snapback]

:D

Keg, LMAO! Moss? And you made fun of the Manning pick?!  :)  Very risky pick there.... no one knows how the Oakland thing will work out. It cant be compared to last year's Owens team change, Owens was the only reciever on Philly. Collins can be shaky, and Moss has to share tosses with Porter. yer a piece of werk!  :D

812861[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D

:brow:  Hurray, we agree!  :D  I knew it wouldn't take long, friend!  :coach:

Yeah.  Moss in Oakland... could he flop?  Quite possibly.  Collins throwing the rock... risssssssssky business there, fellas and fellettes.

812873[/snapback]

they dont have a DEF so they will be scoring plenty in Oaktown

oh and :D

spain shoots & scores with Ahman @ 2.6 :eek:

813011[/snapback]

I agree Mr every other yr green was almost my pick over portis I also gave KJones consideration too

Pick 2.07 (19 overall) - Wow.  That's all I gotta say.  Julius Jones is the complete RB package.  I am not scared off by the Thomas signing or the 'Boys drafting of Barber III.  Parcells is going to feed Jones the ball 25+ a game, and because of a much-improved defense, the Cowboys will rely on their ground game even more this coming season to keep opposing teams' offenses off the field.  With Dillon and Jones, I have two solid RBs that are weekly starters regardless of opponent.

813026[/snapback]

no Athena, took my d@mn pick

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

2.6 Ahman Green

I was torn between Julius Jones and Ahman Green. I actually thought that I had pre-selected Jones but I looked on the board to find Green. I am happy with this pick though as I have them rated about even. Green had a good, but a little disapointing year last year. I think he bounces back with better numbers this year. I like the value of picking him up at 2.6 although he was in a group of several rb's in this tier.

When I got to Hitman's office shortly after it was almost my pick but I couldn't predraft at that point because I didn't have the IP link. Which is the reason I said I needed it quick. Apparently I didn't get it quick enough.

813034[/snapback]

You're welcome, BTW... seeing that no one else gave a sh!t to look it up.

You're welcome, BTW... seeing that no one else gave a sh!t to look it up.

813053[/snapback]

Sorry, thanks Darin even though I got it too late. At least it's there now in case it's needed again.

FYI, KevinL has my rankings for my next 2-3 picks, as I'll be out of the office for the next few hours. He also has my cell phone #. There won't be any delays on my part, despite me not pre-drafting. Good luck, all.

Not thrilled with the #2 RB in Fred Taylor, but the pickings were slim...was hoping Martin would fall to me at that spot, but Rovers picked him up....great value there. Taylor is ho-hum, nothing to get pumped about, but 2 starters with upside at RB is where it's at.

#3 was a tough choice...how early does a LB go? Ray Lewis is an automatic pick there, and I doubt he'll be there at the end of round 4, but there's a severe drop off at WR after the first 6 IMO, and Holt has consistently been a Top 5 WR the last 4 years.

Opted with that WR pick instead of LB, since there will be plenty of value picks if I go in that direction for round 4 or 5.

I was happily surprised Martin dropped there. Jordan might be a reach, but he was the last of the non rookie featured RB's. I've been shooting my mouth off about how I think he'll do pretty well in Oakland, so there ya go. I imagine the D studs start to go off the board now. So, WR, or D? Depends on what's here.

How happy I am with the draft will depend largely upon who I am able to get with my next two picks.

I was happy to get TO with my 2nd round pick. Prior to his injury he was leading all receivers. The way I look at it, I got one of the best two QB's with my first round pick, and the best WR with my 2nd round pick. Sure, he's griping about his contract now, but it is still early, and he likes to see his name in the news paper. He will be playing when the season starts, and he will continue to be a force.

There is no doubt what position I will be taking with my next two picks.

Perch, while I understood the Cpep pick, I have to wonder about Owens. it isnt even a sure thing what team he'll be on at this point. There was NO WAY after going QB in round one that I wouldnt go RB, RB. Yer lookin at the rookies now, and that has some upside, but serious risk.

How happy I am with the draft will depend largely upon who I am able to get with my next two picks.

I was happy to get TO with my 2nd round pick.  Prior to his injury he was leading all receivers.  The way I look at it, I got one of the best two QB's with my first round pick, and the best WR with my 2nd round pick.  Sure, he's griping about his contract now, but it is still early, and he likes to see his name in the news paper.  He will be playing when the season starts, and he will continue to be a force.

There is no doubt what position I will be taking with my next two picks.

813089[/snapback]

the #1 Keeker?? or reaching for a RB :D

My rookie is better than YOUR rookie.

:D

813110[/snapback]

I like the pick. Even tho we only start two RBs with Tiki's age & Dom's injury risk I was considering taking him with one of my next picks. Certainly IMO the best RB available & I would have taken him over some others, such as Taylor & Chris Brown, who were already gone.

Let it be known that I had to practically beg Bunz to take ARonnie Brown at 3.08-I think the kid is the real deal- no competetion in MIami- starter from day one, excellent pass cather which helps in this format- I see nothing but UPSIDE.

McGahee, Westbrook, Ronnie Brown- I'll take that stable of RB's any day especially with 1 pt. per reception.

yes. we know you only can start 2, but RB's are far from a commodity- much rather have 3 studs than 2 + a so-so back up later on.....

Edited by Marauders11

Let it be known that I had to practically beg Bunz to take ARonnie Brown at 3.08-I think the kid is the real deal- no competetion in MIami- starter from day one, excellent pass cather which helps in this format- I see nothing but UPSIDE.

McGahee, Westbrook, Ronnie Brown- I'll take that stable of RB's any day especially with 1 pt. per reception.

813113[/snapback]

I agree 100%. Holmes, Rudi and C Brown. I just Wish this league was for money.