[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Commentary

A little early to be drafting bye week and backup players, IMHO. This IS an IDP draft, isnt it?

813119[/snapback]

Sure is, and I dont think anyone is drafting bye week help and backups just yet.

Besides, some are counting on guys to fall, and they simply are not going to fall.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little early to be drafting bye week and backup players, IMHO. This IS an IDP draft, isnt it?

813119[/snapback]

all it takes is for one early July blown knee and your "back-ups" are no longer back-ups.

RB is one position where you can never have too many studs.

813119[/snapback]

Sure is, and I dont think anyone is drafting bye week help and backups just yet.

Besides, some are counting on guys to fall, and they simply are not going to fall.

Id have taken Ronnie over Tiki myself. Excellent pick

My rookie is better than YOUR rookie.

:D

813110[/snapback]

Maybe in a dynasty league, but not in a redraft, with points for receptions. I was hoping for Cadillac here. Think about a bigger, faster, Charlie Garner from a few years ago, when Chucky was coaching the Raiders. While I agree that Brown is the better athlete, Cadillac is in a much better position. If I get the guy I want in the next round, I will be over joyed at my two RB's.

Yep....I've only known him 2 days.....and he's begging already. :D

We need to get Rovers in one of our leagues quick! I smell some free money there. :D

Josh? no matter what the reasoning or excuse.....you are BANNED from commenting on anyone taking less than an hour to pick. :D

Edited by SteelBunz

Sure is,  and I dont think anyone is drafting bye week help and backups just yet. 

813124[/snapback]

Hey, if one takes 3 RB's in the first three rounds, spin that any way you want, they took a backup-bye week RB. That was admitted to. And I repeat, too early.

Dan gave me 3 numbers to reach him. Cell went to voicemail, I left a message, home just rang and rang, and work was busy. He is on AIM, but on his mobile unit. So I left him a message there as well. Hopefully this delay will only be temporary.

Yep....I've only known him 2 days.....and he's begging already. :D

We need to get Rovers in one of our leagues quick!  I smell some free money there. :D 

Josh?  no matter what the reasoning or excuse.....you are BANNED from commenting on anyone taking less than an hour to pick. :D

813132[/snapback]

But is he trying to get you to trade with him yet? :D

Maybe in a dynasty league, but not in a redraft, with points for receptions.  I was hoping for Cadillac here.  Think about a bigger, faster, Charlie Garner from a few years ago, when Chucky was coaching the Raiders.  While I agree that Brown is the better athlete, Cadillac is in a much better position.  If I get the guy I want in the next round, I will be over joyed at my two RB's.

813131[/snapback]

Well....yours has two former starters backing him up. Ours does not. I was looking at it from a couple of standpoints......one being....it's a slamdunk Ronnie will be starting. From day one. :D

Hey, if one takes 3 RB's in the first three rounds, spin that any way you want, they took a backup-bye week RB. That was admitted to. And I repeat, too early.

813136[/snapback]

Lets just see how things shake out in the end before we start criticizing ones draft strategy. Its one thing to laugh at a pick, but another to speak on something you are not aware of. Which is my draft strategy.

813136[/snapback]

Can I ask you a question Rovers? Have you EVER had 3 starting RBs...that actually played all 16 games they were slated for the season? Seems like very long odds....if you ask me. :D

Shoot....the real question might be.....have you ever had 2 go 16 weeks? :D

Edited by SteelBunz

But isnt that the whole point of a ridicule thread? :D So, Sarge, are ya saying this will be a league? Otherwise, how would we ever know? :D

I'll be out of the house for 30 minutes..... just a warning..... I'll be back by 3:45 EST

Edited by Rovers

Well....yours has two former starters backing him up.  Ours does not.  I was looking at it from a couple of standpoints......one being....it's a slamdunk Ronnie will be starting.  From day one. :D

813139[/snapback]

Cadillac will be starting from day one as well. You don't take a RB that high in the draft to sit him on the bench, especially when the two former starters are old as dirt, and not at all effective. I'm glad you are happy with your pick, but I'm a little bit happier with mine. In my pre-ranking I had Brown right behind Cadillac.

But isnt that the whole point of a ridicule thread?  :D  So, Sarge, are ya saying this will be a league? Otherwise, how would we ever know?  :D

813144[/snapback]

I think we should play it out just for fun, with absolutely no trades, just to see who had the best draft, that way when the 2006 handbook comes out, we can give an update.

Edit to add: Rovers, I really liked your draft up until Jordan, I'm just not convienced on him yet.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

But isnt that the whole point of a ridicule thread?  :D  So, Sarge, are ya saying this will be a league? Otherwise, how would we ever know?  :D

813144[/snapback]

Obviously when the draft is over. Not the season, as its a mock draft. And if this was a league, id probably parlay a RB for Manning, when your RBs fall on their arse. :D

Thought for sure one of either Walker or Johnson would go before I picked. I had Bulluck & Ray in preselect right after them. Happy that I got two of the last 3 top tier WRs. Now to watch the IDP run before my next picks.

I think we should play it out just for fun, with absolutely no trades, just to see who had the best draft, that way when the 2006 handbook comes out, we can give an update.

813152[/snapback]

I agree. Why dont we all pitch in say $10 to cover the cost of MFL and have $50 left over for the winner. Im sure we can get a paypal account setup relatively easy. Right Frazia..... :D

Call me stupid, but I'm really stoked about my two rookie RB's. Like I said earlier, I think Chucky is going to use Cadillac like he used Garner a few years ago in Oakland. Only Cadillac is a better Athlete.

I love Arrington where I got him, particularly with points for receptions. He has great hand. I see him being a lot like Marshall Faulk was back in the day. Of all the rookies, Arrington is probably in the best position for this year, and I really like him more than Cadillac, I just figured Arrington would fall, and didn't think Cadillac would.

Thought for sure one of either Walker or Johnson would go before I picked. I had Bulluck & Ray in preselect right after them. Happy that I got two of the last 3 top tier WRs. Now to watch the IDP run before my next picks.

813155[/snapback]

I was so tempted to GO with one of those WRs so very tempted...but Walkers situation scared me away a bit and I like AJ but I figured being behind the curve in other positons i might as well start the Def run....I was gonna pencil Ray Ray into one of my 2 picks but thought i would shake it up a bit....Bulluck IMO will be the #1 LB this yr...and you cant argue with the production you get from Edwards...now if all you Fu©ktards can stop drafting RBs :D RB paid friends :D

Yo Bunz? Please make a pick. When its your turn, just have it narrowed down to a couple of players, and select one. You are here. You are online. What are you waiting on?

Maybe in a dynasty league, but not in a redraft, with points for receptions.  I was hoping for Cadillac here.  Think about a bigger, faster, Charlie Garner from a few years ago, when Chucky was coaching the Raiders.  While I agree that Brown is the better athlete, Cadillac is in a much better position.  If I get the guy I want in the next round, I will be over joyed at my two RB's.

813131[/snapback]

gotta disagree- Cadillac still has Pittman down in TB. Brown has nobody in Miami...