[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Commentary

Pick 9.06 (#102 overall) - Honestly, I think WR is super, super deep this season, but I wanted to grab one more guy I could really depend on. Sure, he's up there (well, WAY up there) in age, but Isaac Bruce plays on one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, and has been the model of consistency for several years. Now I can concentrate on filling up the remainder of my defensive starting roster and pick a signal caller. Plenty of solid defenders to choose from, and my offense, at least in my mind, is solid.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting draft so far. So far, I'm pretty pleased with my team, and even though I liked Branch as my ninth rd pick, I wish I had done something different at this point. I'd like to have that one back. My next two picks, and who falls will be crucial. On the up side, I got my top ranked QB, two of my top ten LB's, 2 RB's that came out of my 10 to 15 rankings, one of my top five DB's, and 3 solid, if not spectacular WR's in Burleson, Jimmy Smith and Branch. This mock has an interesting line up requirement, which is driving my picks at this point, at the cost of depth.

Four teams have not picked a QB yet, after that little mini-run on them in rds 7 & 8. The QB's that are off the board: Manning, CPep, McNabb, Vick, Hasselbeck, Green, Bulger and Plummer. I'm a little surprised Collins is still out there. I'm sure he will go quite soon. There is still good value for DB's, and maybe one or two LB's as well. The top DL's are starting to come off the board now.

I wonder if we should have a litle vote at the end of this.... an awards poll. Best value pick.... worst pick, biggest reach....best roster.... worst roster... :D that might spice things up a bit! :D

oops! I went to bed and it sounded like you guys werent making anymore picks. I woke up this am and I was on the clock. I needed some depth at rb and took the "starter" in Pittsburgh. Duce Staley was injured alot last year and the Bus vultured alot of his carries. But Staley was chosen for depth and will be an adequate fill in one Lewis or Green is on bye.

Not thrilled with the #2 RB in Fred Taylor, but the pickings were slim...was hoping Martin would fall to me at that spot, but Rovers picked him up....great value there. Taylor is ho-hum, nothing to get pumped about, but 2 starters with upside at RB is where it's at.

813076[/snapback]

I have been seeing some reports that indicate Fragile's knee injury is worse than was originally thought. Rumors are now circulating that Taylor will MISS THE ENTIRE SEASON!! Can any of you guys confirm this for me? I think H8 is a big jax fan and I will shoot him a pm to see what he is hearing. I know for a fact that Fragile will miss training camp this year. Sarge, you heard anything on this?

I wonder if we should have a litle vote at the end of this.... an awards poll. Best value pick.... worst pick, biggest reach....best roster.... worst roster...  :D  that might spice things up a bit!  :D

813657[/snapback]

Most Homers :D

:D and stop name dropping :D

I have been seeing some reports that indicate Fragile's knee injury is worse than was originally thought.  Rumors are now circulating that Taylor will MISS THE ENTIRE SEASON!!  Can any of you guys confirm this for me?  I think H8 is a big jax fan and I will shoot him a pm to see what he is hearing.  I know for a fact that Fragile will miss training camp this year.  Sarge, you heard anything on this?

813682[/snapback]

Jaguars | How Bad is Fred? - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 14 May 2005 06:42:05 -0700

Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator Carl Smith has left open the possibility RB Fred Taylor (knee) could miss the season due to his recent knee surgery. At a minimum, as noted previously, Taylor will not be able to do any work in June.

Well guys, I'm leaving in about five minutes, and will not be back until late Sunday night or early Monday moring. I will try to check in tomorrow during the late morning, early afternoon if I have acces, but I'm not sure if I will or not. I have predrafed the 11th round. If we keep up the pace we have been going today, it probably will not get to my 12th round pick, and until I know who I get with my 11th, I'm really not comfortable predrafting my 12th. Like I said, I'll try to check in tomorrow morning or afternoon, if I can get access. Ya'll have fun.

Edit to add: I gave Sgt Ryan some phone numbers incase I don't have access to a computer and it rolls around to me.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Pick 10.07 (#115 overall) - Well, I got the highest rated CB per my rankings, and now have the #2 S. Looks like I'm set on my DBs for a few rounds at least. Mike Green will only improve this season as the Bear defense continues to improve as a whole. The Bear LBs can't be counted on to stay healthy, so safety support will again be key for the Bears.

11.11 RB Travis Henry :bigshock: some will say this is a horrible pick but i see it as a pretty good value pick in light of the info regarding RBs this week...

1. Buff signs Rashard Lee...hmmm now Buff has RB Depth if Henry is gone

2. Rumors out of JAX say Freddy may be done for the yr...a suitor for henry?

3. I do not believe that Buff lets Henry SIT ALL YR and GET NOTHING for him.

4. Reach Maybe ...HIGH RISK/REWARD Pick DEFINATELY!!!!

5. If you dont like the pick :D

rajncajn should be around soon for his picks..... he is a sinner, and has to go to church.

Keg, I like the Henry pick, thought about it myself. One has to think Buffalo will either release him or trade him. I almosy gambled on him instead of Faulk. If Faulk had gone off the board, I would have pulled the trigger. Worth the risk, IMHO.

Titans keeping eye on Henry: The Bills continue to hold on to disgruntled running back Travis Henry, and the Titans are among the teams who would trade for him if the deal is right.

The Titans and Bills discussed a trade for Henry during the NFL Draft, and General Manager Floyd Reese and Bills GM Tom Donohoe have had some dialogue since.

''My gut is I think if they can't get what they were looking for during the draft, then I am almost thinking they are going to keep him,'' Reese said. ''But I don't know that.''

Reese said the Bills initially wanted a second- or third- round pick. Reese said the Titans offered the Bills a fifth-round pick and the Bills balked.

Would the Titans still take in Henry, a former University of Tennessee star?

''If I can get him at a decent price, yeah,'' Reese said.

My last pick.... I knew gil would not go DB again, so Dunta just had to get past Los G..... crap! Since we have to start a CB, that was a great value pick there. I ended up with McGee, I figure that Bills D while good, may be on the field alot this year.

Edited by Rovers

is he cheating on swiss :D what are his sins :D

814083[/snapback]

As his confessor, I am not allowed to divulge this inormation, but it involved a trip to Tennesse, some fainting sheep, another unamed huddler and "cheese products".

Edited by Rovers

As his confessor, I am not allowed to divulge this inormation, but it involved a trip to Tennesse, some fainting sheep, another unamed huddler and "cheese products".

814096[/snapback]

And this is what you call sinning? :D

Pick 11.06 (126 overall) - Getting a "potential" stud LB at this point in the draft is just incredible. Yeah, I called Arrington a stud. Of course, he'll have to battle back from knee surgery in order to retain stud status, but I think the guy can do it. So, a moderately sizable risk/reward pick here, but there are still a ton of decent LBs out there to fill my roster with.

Pick 11.06 (126 overall) - Getting a "potential" stud LB at this point in the draft is just incredible. Yeah, I called Arrington a stud. Of course, he'll have to battle back from knee surgery in order to retain stud status, but I think the guy can do it. So, a moderately sizable risk/reward pick here, but there are still a ton of decent LBs out there to fill my roster with.

Pick 11.06 (126 overall) - Getting a "potential" stud LB at this point in the draft is just incredible.  Yeah, I called Arrington a stud.  Of course, he'll have to battle back from knee surgery in order to retain stud status, but I think the guy can do it.  So, a moderately sizable risk/reward pick here, but there are still a ton of decent LBs out there to fill my roster with.

814171[/snapback]

Are ya sure about this now?

Are ya sure about this now?

814174[/snapback]

Which part?

Pretty decent risk, but could potentially be a solid LB choice. I feel that I'm strong at every position, so a mild risk was not only calculated, but probably wouldn't kill me if it didn't work out.