[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Commentary

Which part?

Pretty decent risk, but could potentially be a solid LB choice.  I feel that I'm strong at every position, so a mild risk was not only calculated, but probably wouldn't kill me if it didn't work out.

814198[/snapback]

You posted it twice..... no problem with the pick, just pickin on YOU! :D

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D ... I was gonna post the same.

D-3.... you need not post your moves twice..... unless you're just post-padding. :D  :D

814178[/snapback]

You posted it twice..... no problem with the pick, just pickin on YOU!  :D

814201[/snapback]

Oh! LOL, oops. :D

Do they have like a sinner's jail at those southern churches? Maybe we need to send out a posse for rajn. Sinner's jail break. Bring no sheep. Or Swiss Cheese!

814204[/snapback]

Rovers: I dont think you were around the huddle the year that Rajn was a Mystery Huddler. Needless to say, we were all permanently scarred after seeing a picture of him and his incestuously gay brother holding hands in a romantic pose. :D After seeing that pic, I realized then and there, that Rajn didnt consider any activity, no matter how freakish or ghoulish, to be sinful... :D

Pick 12.07 (139 overall) - A bit of a "makeup" pick after making my risk/reward pick in the previous round. Nguyen has talent, and on the vastly improved Cowboy defense, he will roam free to make plenty of tackles. I will be completely satisfied with him as my #3 LB, or even as my #2 if Arrington's injury keeps him out.

Pick 13.06 (150 overall) - Yeah, it was about that time. Needed a steady, TD-producing #3 RB. That is Jerome Bettis, to a tee. I'm comfortable with his age and production last season. He showed, in the late part of the season and playoff run, that the Bus still has plenty of miles left in that engine.

Im not sure I needed him either, but couldnt pass on him  any longer.  The last 5 picks, I said, Driver or, and went with the or, each time.  I am just surprised he was still sitting there after being top 10 last yr. Hey Ill take him as my 4th and the  #36th Wr taken in this draft.

814292[/snapback]

tell you what this is a spot in the draft I see ton of value and would be trying to aquire a few extra picks...

Im not sure I needed him either, but couldnt pass on him  any longer.  The last 5 picks, I said, Driver or, and went with the or, each time.  I am just surprised he was still sitting there after being top 10 last yr. Hey Ill take him as my 4th and the  #36th Wr taken in this draft.

814292[/snapback]

I would have taken driver in the 10th had his bye week and TO's bye week not been the same. Very good value.

Well, I've predrafted two more picks, and am about to leave for the Mav's game, so I'll see you fools in the morning.

I would have taken driver in the 10th had his bye week and TO's bye week not been the same.  Very good value.

Well, I've predrafted two more picks, and am about to leave for the Mav's game, so I'll see you fools in the morning.

814345[/snapback]

Have fun.... I put some $ on the Suns s/u and the over (223).

:D

Have fun.... I put some $ on the Suns s/u and the over (223).

:D

814346[/snapback]

Well, at least you got the over! :D

Hey, Darin, what's up? Pre drafing at this point is easy to do, but even without that, you were on the clock at 8:30 left coast time. Now, we have to wait till, what, 1pm EST for you to pick? I understand some delay, but 12 hours or more? If you had picked at 9pm, Los G could have picked..... and we'd be a half round ahead of where we are now, plus we could have picked it back up in the morning. Good thing this isnt a league draft, at 12 hours in DWII you'd lose yer pick.

Edited by Rovers

Remember, he needs his beauty sleep! :D He made that perfectly clear last week! :D

814510[/snapback]

He is from California so maybe he had a fun night in the bath house... :D:D

Sorry all - SBC's DSL went down last night and an attempt at having my retired father navigate to the site to make pre-picks was hardly a success. My apologies. I made sure to wake up extra early - yes, from my "beauty sleep" - to get to my office (SBC was still down this AM) to make my pick. I'm free as a bird for the rest of the week, so barring any more crap from SBC, I'm good to go. Speaking of good:

Pick 14.07 (163) - So much for taking a QB early. I cannot fathom how QBs like David Carr, Jake Plummer, Mike Vick, Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Brooks went before Favre. Just incredible. Not tryin' to pull a Los Gigantes here, but I honestly think I pulled off a major coup here. I had Favre as my #5 QB. He still has the mojo, 2 solid WRs, a decent TE and a superb pass-catching back. And this could be his swan song, more the reason to go out guns blazin'. I cannot wait to see how this team fares.

Pick 15.06 (174 overall) - With an aging Ike Bruce as one of my top WRs, I decided to take a small leap of faith with the rookie Mike Williams. We all know Charles Rogers can't stay healthy, and even if he manages to stay healthy, I think all three Lion WRs could produce if Harrington (or Garcia) can get them the rock.

Side note - nice pick w/ Greenwood, Sarge. I honestly had him in my queue for the next round.

How did I know that Spain would take the Wizzanator boy? :D

814686[/snapback]

Dont be cracking on SOD! He got mad skillz! :D Plus, I picked the first name i recognized because I am covered up at work this morning with no time to look over the list. :D

I just accidently drafted the wrong Gbaja-Biamila. I ment to draft meant to draft Kabeer but accidently hit Akbar, in my haste to pre-draft before leaving the office to inspect a job site. I've tried to AIM Sarge to get it fixed, but haven't been able to reach him.

Its fixed on the MFL site, and for the handbook purposes.  :D

815075[/snapback]

Dang, I was gonna snag him with my next pick :D

Figured that was an error and was going to make Perch pay for it. :D

Speaking of paying...

Pick 16.07 (#187 overall) - Assuming Droughns gets the starting nod in Cleveland, this was a very, very cheap price to pay for a starting RB. Not bad for a fourth RB, especially since my only backup at the time was The Bus. Droughns is making some noise regarding contractual stuff, but it should be worked out. According to a reliable source, Droughns is most likely gonna be the starter, as the previous Brown regime brought Suggs in... the current regime is responsible for bringing Droughns in - with the hopeful intention of having him as the starter. Could be a HUGH value.