[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team Swap

Another owner ( my dad ) wants to switch me teams. It is a 12 team keeper league where you can keep 4 per year. The keepers on my team are clear: Dom. Davis, Clinton Portis, Jamal Lewis, and Tiki Barber. The players that I would think about keeping on his team are LT2, Ahman Green, Randy Moss, and the last spot is between Michael Vick or Reggie Wayne. I am tempted to make the switch because it gives me the best Rb and one of the very best WR's in the whole league on one team. But with Green maybe seeing bars and my old team having 4 starting RB's is making this decision hard for me. I have finally built a solid starting core, tho I am without a second round pick in this years draft.

If I take the trade I can trade either Vick or Wayne for a pick or two, and keep the one I do not trade; or if I stay put I could trade one of my RB's for a good WR and a 2nd round pick possibly. I have the 6th pick in the upcoming draft, so a rookie Rb will not fall to me. I am hoping that the teams infront of me gobble them up so I can pick up Gates in that 6th spot.

So if you were in my shoes would you make the swap or would you stay put and make a trade or two?

Trading whole teams, to me, seems pretty ridiculous.

You went through all the trouble of researching and drafting your team only to give it up? To your dad no less.

Some in your league might consider this an unusual deal. Personally, as a commish, I would reject this trade on the grounds it's freaking retarded.

JMHO. Nothing personal commando.

Technically it wouldnt be a trade. I would just take over his team, and he takes mine. So it is really just a switch and shouldn't be vetoed. Since my dad is the commish as well, means that it would go through as well. So in reality it is not a trade, just changing the owners first name on the website and both of us just taking control of the others team. I'm just asking which team you would rather have. After some thought I am thinking about saying no and just keeping mine and trying to trade for a WR + pick in the draft. Since most likely the best WR/TE that would fall to me in the 6th spot is either D. Jax, if he isnt kept, or Antonio Gates, which would make me happy if I could package a deal to get a WR then have Gates on my lineup as well.

BUt if it was a trade I feel it would be vetoed since it is kind of ridiculous. I see your point of view and I just think my dad is trying to rub in how he kicked my a** last year, and won the championship, while I watched fromt he outside. And If I keep my team would a trade of Tiki Barber or another RB for either AJ, Wayne, or a Michael Clayton plus a 2nd or 3rd round pick be reasonable. I would like to keep Dom. Davis since I feel he is going to be huge this year. Would any of my other backs have enough trade value to grab one of those guys plus a pick or shoud I reach a little lower.

Another theory that I came up with why my Dad wants to switch is that ever since Dom. Davis has emerged as a star he has been nagging me to trade Davis to him. BUt I think you guys are right and that if this was a big money league instead of an office league, this transaction would be vetoed immediately.

I don't know what to tell you on this one. I'd be pissed if I was in your league and the trade went through. It is a trade though, no doubt about it. Anytime you acquire a new player, or in your case team, it is a trade. I'd be terrified to try and pull that in my league. I would stick with the team that I drafted. afterall, you put the time in to pick your players. Besides, you'd have to listen to your dad give you a hard time because your winning with his "team".

The only way that it is not collusion is if you both thought the other guy had a better team ... hyow many RBs can you start anyway? Why not trade some RBs to accomplish much more ...

We can only start 2 RB's, so it doesnt help me ot have 2 rotting ont he bench. Which is why I have been trying to make a trade since hte end of last season but had no takers then. The only offer I have gotten for a WR is Reggie Wayne + a second round pick for Dom. Davis. Which I rejected because I really want Davis on my team for next season. The only other person that might be willing to deal a WR is the guy with Andre Johnson, because he has little at Rb, besides Kevin Jones who he got from me. He rejected Tiki Barber and didnt answer when I offered Portis si not sure. Will try trading when it closer to the start of the season.

Why don't you figure out a way to trade DD and Tiki for Moss and Ahman. I also don't understand why you would keep 4-RB's when you can only start 2. Don't you have a WR or can't you trade one of those RB's for a WR?

Why isn't your yardage scoring the same for WR's and RB's? That makes no sense to me.

edit to add: if you make that trade you keep Wayne over Vick.

Edited by Men In Tights

Why don't you figure out a way to trade DD and Tiki for Moss and Ahman.  I also don't understand why you would keep 4-RB's when you can only start 2.  Don't you have a WR or can't you trade one of those RB's for a WR?

Why isn't your yardage scoring the same for WR's and RB's? That makes no sense to me.

edit to add: if you make that trade you keep Wayne over Vick.

815693[/snapback]

None of my Wr's are worth keeping for the upcoming year. I have right now Porter, Chambers, Stokley, Evans, Heap, and Reggie Williams. None are a #1 WR, and the sad thing is that Stokley was my best WR and he is the third option. So I am left with keeping those RB's unless I trade one away which has been the plan for awhile. Just no takers for a WR and a pick yet.

None of my Wr's are worth keeping for the upcoming year.  I have right now Porter, Chambers, Stokley, Evans, Heap, and Reggie Williams.  None are a #1 WR, and the sad thing is that Stokley was my best WR and he is the third option.  So I am left with keeping those RB's unless I trade one away which has been the plan for awhile. Just no takers for a WR and a pick yet.

816182[/snapback]

That makes sense and I wouldn't keep any of those WR's. I know some people think this is the year Porter breaks out, but I don't see it happening.

I would look at trying the trade I suggested, otherwise if you could trade Tiki for Reggie Wayne I would do that. IMHO Wayne will have a better year than he did last year and someone has to catch the 40+ td's from Manning.

• 3 weeks later...

That's Crazy.........................I think you should just keep your own team and find another league to get into! I've only been playing FF for 3 years going into my 4th but I have never heard of such a thing! What's the point?