[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Offer

Another guy in my 12 man dynasty league has offered this to me:

W. Dunn and his second round pick (#2.03)

for

D. Bennett

The draft spot is in essentially a rookie draft along with free agent vets that are not currently on anyone's team.

My roster (the guys I'm going to keep anyway are:

QB

T Green

K Collins

RB

LT

C. Brown

TJ Duckett

WR

T Holt

J Horn

N Burleson

D Branch

D Bennett

TE

T Gonzalez

J Witten

K

Brown

Feely

D

Falcons

Panthers

We start :

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Now, the draft starts out 1-12, then goes 1-12 again. After the first two rounds it then goes serpentine. I have the #5 spot. That means I currnetly have #5 and #17 in the first 2 rounds. If this trade goes through, I would have #5, #15 and #17.

What do you guys think?

Brand new offer.

This is the email message from the same owner that I got today.

Would you give up Burleson, Bennett and pick 1.05 for Marvin Harrison and pick 2.06?

Should I take the first offer or the second? Or should I flat out turn down both?

Thanks for all the advice so far!

I never make a move w/out first consulting my fellow Huddlers first!

The 2nd offer is better.

I'd do the first offer. I think you'd be giving up too much for Harrison especially in a dynasty league.

819306[/snapback]

What he said. Do the first and grab a rookie WR with the extra pick.

i would make the first trade it helps your team out the most. the 2nd trade is nice when looking at the chance to have Harrison but you are giving too much here. The best vaule is the 1st trade and then you can help your self in the Draft. Nice options to have though.

On a seconad thought, maybe see if anyone else is interested in Harrison and see if you can make a trade with him for a good player(A. Johnson, R. Williams plus draft pick)??

I do the first deal right now. You are plenty deep at WR and not so much at RB. Warrick Dunn will flat win you at least 2+ games a year as your 2nd RB when he's healthy, and that 2nd rounder is a pretty good pick. Although I owned and started Bennett when he put up the record for most fantasy points in a game by a WR in my league's 10 year history, I'm not sold on the guy as a guy you should look to rely on for a full season, but rather will help you in spurts if you happen to get him in the lineup at the right times.

I gotta pass on the 2nd deal. Your WRs are good enough and that 1st round pick is just too juicy to deal. I really like that Burleson kid too. He may not be a flyer, but he is in the top couple for the highest vertical in NFL combine history, and is a naturally polished receiver, rather than just a physical freak.

• 2 weeks later...
Brand new offer.

This is the email message from the same owner that I got today.

Would you give up Burleson, Bennett and pick 1.05 for Marvin Harrison and pick 2.06? 

Should I take the first offer or the second? Or should I flat out turn down both?

Thanks for all the advice so far!

I never make a move w/out first consulting my fellow Huddlers first!

816379[/snapback]

I'd take the second offer. You're already strong at WR and you'll get at least 900 yds and 10 TDs with Marvin. You might also want to consider shopping Marvin for a better #2 RB. His value has nowhere to go but down at this point and Branch would make for a solid replacement.

I'd take offer #1 without hesitation. You're deep at WR and Bennett's keeper value is suspect this year. While Dunn has more value to you than perhaps any other team (because of Duckett) you could use some serious bolstering at RB b/c of Chris Brown's questionable durability. So you'd be trading from an area of strenght (WR) to address an area of weakness (RB), which is generally a good idea.

But, in your case, it's even better...

With an extra 2.3 pick firmly in hand, you'd be free to use your regular 1.5 pick to additionally beef up your RB corp with a rookie, then use one of your 2nd round picks on a WR to replace the loss of Bennett. And you'd still have yet another 2nd round pick to address any other weakness you feel your team still had (not that I see one, because you seem well-stacked at QB, TE, and DEF), or just to pick up the best value on the board.

Edited by yo mama