[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone involved with a league like this?

NAUgrad

We just switched from a redraft to a dynasty league. Last year was our first year in an auction style draft, and each team has a $200 cap where you can have up to 20 players on your roster. (12 min)

I just put in my keepers. Each team has two slots for restricted free agency, and then players you decide to just keep go up each year (half their current salary + $3). Once all of the teams list their keepers, a restricted signing period begins where you can bid on any other teams restricted free agents.

Everyone who is dropped goes back into the draft which includes rookies in the fall. Here's what is making this interesting. Each round has what is called Future Value. This was determined by the average cost of 1st round picks, then the average cost of 2nd round picks, etc. After the restricted free agent period is over, everone will have an Future Value (FV) amount which will determine what rounds they will be able to pick in and which ones must be given up. (i.e. you must have at least $60 to keep your first round pick, or you could use your $60, give up your 1st round pick, but keep your 2nd $40 and your 4th $20)

Again, this is our first year of doing this and it is an absolute kick. Anybody else have any other creative ideas that keep people involved throughout the year?

Edited by NAUgrad

Ok, I'm confused. I thought you said you went to an auction? Why do I care which round pick I get if it's an auction? AND how did you get an average of the first round, etc. In all the auctions I've been in we have never had rounds. If you are using the first pick of every team and calling that round one or the first 12 picks as the first round wouldn't the $ be determined by who was thrown out and when. Also won't the $ amount go down now that everyone has less money to spend and are not willing to spend $60 on rookie or 3rd string RB?

We are looking at turning our auction league into a keeper or dynasty so really interested in what you are doing here.

Ok, I'm confused.  I thought you said you went to an auction?  Why do I care which round pick I get if it's an auction?  AND how did you get an average of the first round, etc.  In all the auctions I've been in we have never had rounds.  If you are using the first pick of every team and calling that round one or the first 12 picks as the first round wouldn't the $ be determined by who was thrown out and when.  Also won't the $ amount go down now that everyone has less money to spend and are not willing to spend $60 on rookie or 3rd string RB?

We are looking at turning our auction league into a keeper or dynasty so really interested in what you are doing here.

820972[/snapback]

Sorry about that, I didn't explain the benefits of having picks in our auction draft. Basically, if it's your pick, you throw out the player's name and let the auction run. Once the bidding is over, you have the option of adding $1 to the highest bidder and getting that player, or letting the highest bidder take that player. It gives you some control over who you pick up and how much your willing to pay. You'd think that every owner would just give the extra $1 and keep the pick but it was very interesting how a number of owners let a number of their picks go because of the price. Hope this helps some.