[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Handbook Mock Rosters

Which is the best OVERALL Team  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best OVERALL Team

• Los Gigantes(In order of draft slot)
    • Gilthorp
    • Rovers
    • Down Goes Frazia
    • Sgt. Ryan
    • Darin3
    • Spain
    • SteelBunz
    • Perchoutofwater
    • Digital Dan
    • Keggerz
    • RanjCajn

Quarles in his walk year might have something to say about that! This is Ruud's year to learn. Next year he steps in as starting MLB. I think like me, you have two servicable RB's, but after that it gets shaky. Pennington may surprise. McNair could be hugh, as the Titans D will be the league's worst, most likely, and he'll be airing it out from week 1.

820057[/snapback]

When I drafted Ruud it looked like he would start out at SSL. Unfortunately since then they've decided to let him stay at MLB. It make Quarles expendable for next year, but hurts Ruud's value for this year. Regardless he should get increasing PT throughout the season and be a servicable backup.

Have to agree on the RBs, but with a bit of luck I could end up with at least 3 starters. Pennington has always been one of my favorite players, but fantasy-wise I'm not quite as sure about him. My only beef is that I would have preferred my starter be Favre & if he was available Pennington as my backup a couple of rounds later. Seeing that I got McNair so late proves to me that I could have done that. But as you said I like McNair's chances at returning to higher ground this year.

1.12 Barber, Tiki NYG RB

At 1.12 there’s just no way I could pass on a top 3 RB from last year. Even though I don’t think he’ll repeat the performance I see no reason why he’ll drop all that drastically. Should push top 5 again this year given his situation.

2.01 Davis, Domanick HOU RB

Picking late I figured it would be best to take another RB. Pickings would be very slim by the time my next pick rolled around. I was drooling as I watched Deuce fall further & further only to have my heart break seeing him go a few spots in front of me. Now I hope I don’t end up kicking myself for not taking Julius Jones.

3.12 Walker, Javon GBP WR

Luckily for me the RB run continued a little longer & a few other positions were addressed. I’m very happy two have two stud WRs in Walker…

4.01 Johnson, Andre HOU WR

…and Johnson. Both will be vital parts of my offense.

5.12 Spikes, Takeo BUF LB

Started a bit slow last year, but really came on during the course of the season. Spikes will be a top 5 LB this year with solid production from start to finish. As an added bonus the Bills defense will be on the field a lot this year with a virtual rookie QB at the helm.

6.01 Grant, Charles NOS DE

Here I really wanted to continue to hit the top 3 scoring positions two at a time, but the two LBs I wanted, Brooking & Brooks went earlier than I expected. Grant was the top DE in many leagues last year & scored as well as many of the better LBs. Many will say it was too early to take a DL, but were talking about a player who put up over a 30 point buffer between himself & the 3rd rated DL last year. Only Peppers can compete with that production & he was already gone.

7.12 Witherspoon, Will CAR LB

Getting Witherspoon in the 7th makes me real happy I waited to take my 2nd LB. With Fields out again this year Spoon will continue to be a monster in that LB corp. His production will at least match what it was last year & in fact I think it will increase.

8.01 Taylor, Sean WAS S

The holdout has some worried, but I believe he will be ready to go when the season starts. Last year Taylor was held back during the first part of the season by Gibbs and he still logged 11 games over the double-digit mark. This year it’s no-holds-barred.

9.12 Wilson, Adrian ARI S

Call it insurance for Taylor’s hold out. Another top 5 player at the 2nd highest scoring position on defense.

10.01 Pennington, Chad NYJ QB

Lets not discuss this one…lets just say Favre or even Brooks would have been the right pick here. Pennington could have been had later.

11.12 June, Cato IND LB

Rounding out my starters at LB, I wanted to get a younger player who has a ton of upside. June, as we all know, exploded onto the scene last year when he took over the WLB spot in Indy. The sky’s the limit with a full year under his belt! I’m loving my starting lineup so far.

12.01 Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Changing directions here feeling my defense is well addressed so far, I was torn between a solid starter with Driver & shooting for a higher risk/reward player with Edwards. Given that I already have Walker I decided to pass on Driver and take my rookie pick. It would end up becoming a repeating theme in my draft. Edwards is probably the most explosive WR in the draft this year & as close to being NFL ready as just about anyone. The Brownies will also likely be playing from behind often which will create plenty of opportunities for the best receiver the Browns have.

13.12 Franks, Bubba GBP TE

It seems I’d waited too long to get a true stud at this position. Franks though is more than capable of putting up good numbers and should keep me solid at this position. He was the best available TE at this time.

14.01 Griffin, Cornelius WAS DT

DTs seem to get no respect, even when they’re required starters…that can be the only explanation for Griffin still being here. Griffin has always been a solid player, but his star is rising in Washington. He was a Pro-Bowl alternate last year…this year he makes it.

15.12 Brown, Sheldon PHI CB

Picked up another young rising star at another need position. CBs are always hit or miss, but I feel like I got a hit here. Should reach top 10 numbers among CBs again this year.

16.01 Stallworth, Donte' NOS WR

I must be a glutton for punishment because I’ve been a Stallworth stalwart since his rookie year. He improved in his consistency a bit last year & continued to show his penchant for the big game. Hopefully this year he starts to put it all together, but regardless is still very good for a #3 WR.

17.12 Spires, Greg TBB DE

Spires steps in as one of the best backups in the league at DE. We only start one, but I feel very good going in with two that can start for any team in this league.

18.01 Smith, Dwight NOS S

Smith put up over 200 points for the Bucs last year & moves to Tebucky Jones’ spot where he put up almost 200. The big difference here is that Smith hits harder & can actually tackle. Look for top 5 numbers from Smith this year as he terrorizes the NFC South, including his former team.

19.12 Graham, Daniel NEP TE

Seeing that I was in need of some depth early for TE I took Graham as more of a pick of desperation than of value…something you’ll rarely see me do, but too often in other leagues I’ve neglected the TE position only to regret it later on. With little left of the top TEs I grabbed Graham. Until the season gets under way I’ll have to wonder if I should have waited & taken one of my favorite players who was available much later, Ben Troupe.

20.01 Fason, Ciatrick MIN RB

Here starts my recurring theme of rookie picks, but it looks like this one may have already panned out. Fason is a fantastic player who would have gone earlier in most drafts. But with the slew of RBs available this year he dropped below what was considered the big three. With the Whiz Kid eyeballing a year-long suspension Fason will definitely get his shot and could turn out to be an absolute steal in the 20th.

21.12 Davis, Stephen CAR RB

My how the mighty have fallen…Before the injury last year Davis was projected as the starter & rightfully so. In 03 he was the powerhouse that Carolina had hoped for and Foster was just there to give Davis a breather. I believe with Davis healthy the Panthers will try to return to mixing it up between the two & giving more playing time to whoever makes the most out of it. Davis likely won’t return to his 03 numbers, but he should be at the very least good enough to be my #3 RB. And if the injury bug should return…

22.01 Shelton, Eric CAR RB

....I have a 'back-up' plan. Between the two I should have a more than serviceable backup.

23.12 McNair, Steve TEN QB

Probably better than my “starting” QB. McNair loses his favorite target this year with Mason leaving, but the Titans have made sure he has plenty of options to fall back on.

24.01 Ruud, Barrett TBB LB

Probably one of the best LBs in this class, he’ll step into Tampa lineup right away. This pick would be much better in a Dynasty draft, but at this point in the draft there were few players left at LB with as much upside potential. I’d prefer the upside player over the mediocre 9 times out of 10.

25.12 McKenzie, Mike NOS CB

McKenzie was streaky last year mainly due to him coming on with the Saints very late. This pick probably looks to be a homer pick. But McKenzie has put up very respectable numbers year-in-year-out with GB. He should be back to form this year with the Saints.

26.01 Elam, Jason DEN PK

Top 5 kicker for the past how many years?

27.12 Patten, David WAS WR

Washington only has so many options, Patten is one of the better of them.

28.01 Thurman, Odell CIN LB

What did Marv Lewis do for Ray Lewis at the start of his career?

29.12 Smith, Will NOS DE

Ok, now the homer picks are getting ridiculous, but Will Smith? One of the best DE s to come out of college in a very long time still sitting on the board at the start of the 30th round, how could I possibly pass that up?

30.01 Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB

Can't beat the risk/reward factor here. If he plays I have my hands on a top 10 LB taken in the 30th round. If he doesn’t then I get my pick of the litter when I place him on IR.

31.12 Lindell, Rian BUF PK

Backup keeker

32.01 Johnson, Travis HOU DT

Filling out my roster I went with another rookie at DT. The good thing for me is he’ll get a lot of playing time rotating between DE & DT. So as a result he’ll likely stay listed as a DT yet pick up DE type numbers.

820045[/snapback]

In fact its my opinion every pick after Pennington, but June, Griffin, Elam and possibly W Smith were reaches where you took them, in fact Im surprised about 8 of yoru selections were even drafted at all. But hey, what do I know.

Rajn, lets just say no way I would have passed Kevin Jones for either back you got, nor would I have taken anyboy from pick 12-25 before round 25, and would feel fortunate to have Pennington over Favre or Brooks.

820080[/snapback]

Yeah, I had a very hard time deciding which RBs to take. I decided to go with a safer pick with Tiki, but I agree, I think I botched it with Davis. I came really close to taking either Kevin or Julius Jones there. I really hope you're right about Pennington though, like I said he is one of my favorite players.

In fact its my opinion every pick after Pennington,  but June, Griffin, Elam and possibly W Smith were reaches where you took them, in fact Im surprised about 8 of yoru selections were even drafted at all.  But hey, what do I know.

820087[/snapback]

Guess I'll be one of the one's blasting through my waverwire selections right off the bat. We'll see though, I think from the top end I will be able to compete.

Guess I'll be one of the one's blasting through my waverwire selections right off the bat. We'll see though, I think from the top end I will be able to compete.

820093[/snapback]

Your top 11 selections were as good as any, just question some of the risks you took starting at round 13.

Work in progress here:

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB - 7 20.02

Remember what Dilfer did for the Ravens the yr they won the Super Bowl...Enter Jake for me....but man did i really want Carson Palmer here who has so much more upside and will be a top 8 QB! darn you DAN!

Warner, Kurt ARI QB - 6 24.02

Pick made by the Ghost of Christmas Past.

Clarett, Maurice DEN RB - 9 18.02

Hey Tatum dont pull that hangnail...

Foster, De'shaun CAR RB - 7 6.02

Look at Fosters numbers last yr prior to injury...hey if Fragile Fred can start for over 2 consecutive yrs without losing time to an injury then anyone can....fosters upside was to hard to pass up

Henry, Travis BUF RB - 9 11.11

Come on we all know buff wont let him sit all yr and walk next for nothing...expect him to be moved and contribute elsewhere

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 3 2.02

Easily can end up a top 5 RB

Suggs, Lee CLE RB - 4 9.11

I see VALUE for a STARTING RB in round 9... :D Darin3(reuben)

Even if Reuben gets some carries i see them both being more like Hearst/Barlow of a few yrs ago.

Bryant, Antonio CLE WR - 4 16.02

Braylon maybe the future but Bryant is a playmaker too...they didnt trade for him last yr for nothing

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR - 8 8.02

"Back to the Jets" should be a better sequel then Back to the Future 2

Moss, Randy OAK WR - 5 1.11

Oak or Minn it wont matter Moss will produce.

Robinson, Koren SEA WR - 8 19.11

Head Case? YES?!?!? But worth the risk as a #5 WR as much if not more upside then any other #5 WR drafted

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 7 5.11

Love smith to bounce back after his injury to a top 15 WR

Miller, Heath PIT TE - 4 30.02

yeah he is a rook but as a backup probably more upside then any of the TEs that were left.

Smith, L.J. PHI TE - 6 15.11

LOVE LJ this yr...if TO doesnt play this guy could be top 3-5 otherwise he is a solid starter with nice upside

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK - 10 28.02

Kasay, John CAR PK - 7 31.11

Keekers Blah

Coleman, Rod ATL DT - 8 13.11

Wanted John Thornton here but Coleman will be a nice starter.

Jenkins, Kris CAR DT - 7 29.11

will provide solid depth

Hall, James DET DE - 3 26.02

will be a solid Backup at DE

Rucker, Mike CAR DE - 7 27.11

how quickly people forget about a guy when he misses some time the yr prior

Taylor, Jason MIA DE - 4 10.02

Top 3 isnt out of the question especially with how much the Dolphins Def will be

on the field

Bulluck, Keith TEN LB - 10 3.11

only about 15 players will score 300+ Pts, Bullock will be one..

Edwards, Donnie SDC LB - 10 4.02

as will be edwards...

Fletcher, London BUF LB - 9 7.11

and Fletcher has a shot but should atleast put up in the 250-300 range

Harris, Napoleon MIN LB - 5 21.11

Could probably start on more then a few teams in this draft.

Koutouvides, Niko SEA LB - 8 23.11

Risk/Reward for my 5th...

Smith, Daryl JAC LB - 7 22.02

and 6th LBs

Clements, Nate BUF CB - 9 14.02

Top 5 CB last yr and no reason to think he cant or wont repeat...

Tillman, Charles CHI CB - 4 25.11

averaged 11.3pts when he got back from injury in the final 5 weeks of the season and one of those weeks was a 2pt clunker...11.3pts/wk would have put him at #12 on the yr....he fell much further then he should have and will be a steal...one of my favorite picks of the draft.

Darius, Donovin JAC S - 7 17.11

How close was he to being a top 10 Safety last yr? by .62pts/week

Lewis, Michael PHI S - 6 12.02

Was a entire .06pts/week from being top 10 and he will improve even more this yr

Williams, Shaun NYG S - 5 32.02

former stud that has lost the last 2 seasons to the injury bug...his upside on a NYG team that is gonna be on the field a ton was just to much to pass up..."IF" he is healthy and stays at SS he can challenge for top 10-15 and remember he hasnt spent much tread the last 2 yrs

Edited by keggerz

Warner, Kurt ARI QB - 6 24.02

Pick made by the Ghost of Christmas Past.

Clarett, Maurice DEN RB - 9 18.02

Hey Tatum dont pull that hangnail...

Foster, De'shaun CAR RB - 7 6.02

Look at Fosters numbers last yr prior to injury...hey if Fragile Fred can start for over 2 consecutive yrs without losing time to an injury then anyone can....fosters upside was to hard to pass up

:D:D:D I heard that Foster was giving a couple grand for freddie's nickname.... Fragile Foster!

Um..... rumor is KRob gets cut June 1.

Still, not a bad team Keg, just the LB's make it so. Ya better hope that Henry goes to Carolina though.... Nash will be a stud once Brown gets a twinge in Tennesse.... :D

Ok Ill bite

Based only on offense...I like Down Goes Frazia...Sargent Ryan...then Darin3 Spain, Steel Bunz and Digital Dan...

Sgt Ryan best Rb...Frazia best balance

Darin3 potential for best starting lineup but needs top performance from everyone

Steel Bunz has some depth at QB...but will that help

Spain, I like Jamal Lewis at 1.07 but you will need things to work for you too.

In fact its my opinion every pick after Pennington,  but June, Griffin, Elam and possibly W Smith were reaches where you took them, in fact Im surprised about 8 of yoru selections were even drafted at all.  But hey, what do I know.

820087[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity, which 8?

Just out of curiosity, which 8?

820558[/snapback]

The way I see it these 8 guys will either not play because of injury, or wont see the field in a starting capacity. With only 5 add/drops this is alot of question marks drafted. 5 of these guys would be great taxi squad guys, but a redraft league.

20.01 Fason, Ciatrick MIN RB - Moore and Bennett alone with Moe in front of him

21.12 Davis, Stephen CAR RB - I suppose worth a flyer, but I hear he wont play

22.01 Shelton, Eric CAR RB - surprised he was drafted over Goings

24.01 Ruud, Barrett TBB LB - another non starter at LB

28.01 Thurman, Odell CIN LB - not even a starter

30.01 Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB - wont play this yr, but worth the IR risk

31.12 Lindell, Rian BUF PK - has to be better backup Ks than this

32.01 Johnson, Travis HOU DT - rookie DT as one of your 2.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

20.01 Fason, Ciatrick MIN RB - Moore and Bennett alone with Moe in front of himCan't argue with that, but at this point in the draft who else was there?

21.12 Davis, Stephen CAR RB - I suppose worth a flyer, but I hear he wont play

22.01 Shelton, Eric CAR RB - surprised he was drafted over Goings

Foster is already hurt, Davis is returning in good health and you're questioning this pick? Goings was the starter by default last year, he's by no means a true NFL quality starter whereas Shelton is.

24.01 Ruud, Barrett TBB LB - another non starter at LB

Already admitted this was a mistake.

28.01 Thurman, Odell CIN LB - not even a starter

Can you really tell me who will be the starting MLB in Cincy & can you tell me with a straight face that he's better than Thurman? Hopefully my hunch is right or I'll be using a waiver pick on this one as well.

30.01 Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB - wont play this yr, but worth the IR risk

31.12 Lindell, Rian BUF PK - has to be better backup Ks than this

He was the best available at the time & I think Buffalo's offense will be much improved this year. Only problem is I missed the fact that he has the same bye as Elam.

32.01 Johnson, Travis HOU DT - rookie DT as one of your 2.I'd rather take a risk on a player who has enormous upside than just scrape the bottom of the barrel.

1.02-Shaun Alexander (RB)--the prototype of a durable RB who is as reliable as they come.

2.11-Fred Taylor (RB)--not sure of his injury status, but he's been on the field more than off the field the last 2 years. If he's healthy, it's a good pick.

3.02-Torry Holt (WR)--consistency is his nature, 90/1200/8 at a minimum.

4.11-Rodney Harrison (S)--after the top flight LB's were gone, felt it was good to get him here, he's like having another LB on the field (90+ tackes, a ton of assists and some sacks), well worth a 4th rounder in an IDP.

5.02-Ed Reed (S)--pre-select screw up, but still a ton of upside here with a guy who has 21 INT's in his first three years, and a knack for the big play. Still wouldn't have gone with him here, with Jamie Sharper, Brooks, and Farrior on the board. A major mistake to take Reed here, but what can I do?

6.11-Eric Barton (LB)--big time reach here, being behind the 8 ball with no LB yet, and that is a tough mistake to overcome in an IDP. 90+ solos in his last two years with the Raiders, his numbers dipped last year, and Vilma will cut into his numbers again--but he's a consistent producer, and may explode every so often.

7.02-Derrick Mason (WR)--clearly a #1 guy who battled injuries last year and saw Bennett come into his own with Volek. A fresh start, into an offense that should see him get several bombs a game. Jimmy Smith and Mushy went after him, so we'll have to see where those numbers stack up, but I'd still take Mason over both of those two.

8.11-Dallas Clark (TE)--with Pollard out of the picture, Clark should be a Top 5 TE in my opinion. 50/750/8 is not out of the question for him.

9.02-Matt Hasselbeck (QB)--My pre-select had Vick as my #1 choice here, and Hass #2, but Vick went with the 9.01. Last year, this guy was the Huddle's #3 ranked QB at one point in the pre-season, and he's in an offense that should be better since they signed a few WR's who will hold on to the ball. 8th QB taken, I feel it was a good value pick here.

10.11-Thomas Jones (RB)--not really a homer pick, but I do believe Lovie Smith will ease Benson into the NFL, especially if they'll want to keep Grossman healthy, they'll feel better with a guy who's been in the league to pick up the blitz. Besides that, he's a guy who can break one at any time, and he should see ample PT throughout the year. 34th RB taken could be a steal if Benson is slow to learn the system??

11.02-Rod Smith (WR)--went back to WR and a veteran one at that, needing a consistent guy who had 79 catches, over 1,000 yards and 7 TD's last year. Everyone is waiting for his numbers to decline, but I'll take the risk as my #3 that they'll stay fairly steady. I've always liked him, and this was for sure a conservative pick.

12.11-Leonard Little (DE)--needed to start drafting my defensive line at some point and Little was just too good to pass up. He had a down year last year and still was a Top 10 guys, so I'm counting on him to get back up to double digit sack totals again.

13.02-Derek Smith (LB)--stayed with defense and a steady Eddie. He's nothing flashy, but regardless of who's on the field with him, and the 49ers D should be out there a long time this year, he's averaged 82 solos, 28 assists, and 2 sacks over his last 3 years...like I said, not flashy, but on the field making tackles.

14.11-Houshmandzadeh (WR)--I felt this was a value pick, especially with the way he ended the 2004 season. 73 catches for just under 1,000 last year, but he had monster games at Baltimore and at New England...he solidified his spot as the clear #2, in this potentially explosive offense. He may even earn a start over Mason week 1.

15.02-Mo Morris (RB)--didn't want to get pimped out of Alexander's back up and it was most likely several rounds early, but I wasn't going to get caught sleeping.

16.11-Chris Gamble (CB)--didn't have a CB to this point, and Gamble is a player I've watched for several years now, and he has star written all over him. 6 INT's for his rookie season, 68 solos, and the upside is tremendous. Winfield was out there, but opted for this choice instead, let's see where they are at the end of the year.

17.02-Courtney Watson (LB)--stayed defense again, filled out my 3rd LB, and looked for a younger guy who was playing the middle. This kid had injury problems, and still think the Saints will be on the field quite a bit. Hoping for the best with this one, but as a LB crew goes, it is weak.

18.11-Jevon Kearse (DE)--the Freak has probably lost his ability to be the massive threat he once was, with his yearly injuries, but at this point in the draft, I like having him in the lineup. As the 18th DE gone, decent value here.

19.02-Bryce Fisher (DT)--with the Rams as a solid player on the inside, they'll move him to DE, and this may be a problem for my roster if he does get designated as such. 8.5 sacks last year shows great promise, but the pick was made as a guy who'd be playing DE, but was designated a DT during our draft. Not sure how this will pan out.

20.11--Mike Doss (S)--I was very surprised this kid was still on the board, and after the pick I was quite sure there isn't anyone in the league that has as good of safety group as I do. When he's healthy, he's a tackling machine, but when will he get on the field over Harrison and/or Reed?

21.02--Joey Harrington (QB)--tremendous upside potential here with the WR's in Detroit. Didn't want to get stuck with Warner, Boller, or Eli, and I just don't have faith that McNair is a guy that will strap it on each and every week. This was the second QB that Los snatched from my pre-selects, as I did have Leftwich ranked higher.

22.11--Randall Godfrey (LB)--searched long for this pick, as the choices were fairly slimmed down in the 22nd round. Had my eyes on Nap Harris who went two rounds earlier, and Earl Holmes, who went in the 21st, so I took a flier on a guy who put up 65 solos last year and if I'm fortunate, will produce when he starts.

23.02--Carlos Emmons (LB)--another 60+ solo guy that will hardly see the field, but if he does, I hope he'll produce 5-7 solos, which he is capable of on any given week.

24.11--Marcus Robinson (WR)--looking to complete my WR package, his numbers will increase with his second year in the system. Only started 7 games, but had 8 TD's and was a big time value pick IMO. Only 6 WR's went after him, and I would take Robinson over any of them at this stage.

25.02-Adam Vinatieri (Keeker)--One of the best out there, 3rd one taken.

26.11-Kenard Lang (DE)--Looking for depth behind Little and Kearse, and he's OK. 47 solos, 7 sacks are his average for the last two years, and maybe the coaching staff elevates his game even more this year?

27.02-Marcel Shipp (RB)--could have gone with Pearman or Toefield here, but I already had one handcuff, and decided to take a flier on Shipp. As well as Emmitt did last year, if this guy can hold off Arrington, he could have good numbers. Let's add that I could be all wet behind the ears with this pick, too.

28.11-Antrel Rolle (CB)--rookie requirement, which I hadn't heard about until round 27, but nonetheless, went with this kid who should start day 1. I hope so anyway.

29.02--Erron Kinney (TE)--back up TE, who should be the release valve on about 5 million McNair passes this year. If Troupe is slow to recover, the job is all his. Not flashy, but steady.

30.11--Brenston Buckner (DT)--hope he makes the team. :D

31.02--Dexter Coakley (LB)--another pick that has some upside, moving to a new system. May eek out some playing time if my sub-par group of LB's don't contribute immediately.

32.11--John Hall (PK)--bye week filler for my other keeker.

After getting shut out in the voting, I started to wonder just how lousy my team might be? :D So, I found myself an independent source that had early rankings published for the 2005 season. The defensive scoring is similar, not exactly what we use, but close enough.By position, here is how my team stacks up to this projection (which came out after our draft) :

QB's: #1 and 13

RB's: #17 and 25

WR's: #13, 22, 29 and 70

TE's: #15 and 20

LB's: #5, 15, 24 and 31

S's: #3, 10 and 42

CB's: #3 and 25

DE's: #6, 10 and 15

DT's: #10 and 15

RB's:Even though I think Martin (17) and Jordan (25) are ranked too low, I still have 2 starters, since the league starts 24 each week. Not strong, but not horrible either.

QB: Manning.

WR's: The league starts 36. I have a solid corp of #13, 22 and 29. The #70 ranking belongs to Calico, and I think this is a bit low for a 2nd WR on a team that will be throwing a lot.

TE: I think Eric Johnson is better than #15.

LB's: We start 3, so the league starts 36. I have 2 of the top 15, and #'s 24 and 31. This more than just a solid group, it's actually very good.

DB's: With the #3 ranked S AND CB not to mention the #10 Safety.... no weaknesses here at all.

DE's: They list Suggs at #6 which is too high (he is now carried as an LB on my roster) but I also have the #10 DE as well.

DT's: #10 and 15.... nothing to write home about, but quite serviceable.

So, besides the QB position, which is easilly the #1 (sorry perch, CPep aint there this year) this is a very balanced team with only one weakness. Lack of depth at RB. Does Martin really fall out of the top 15 this year? I dont think so, and Jordan has been the subject of many debates, I think he easilly is top twenty, with upside. My whole defense looks very good from where I sit. However, it seems most people think this team sucks. Tell me where I went wrong and what's wrong with this team, because I can't figure it out! :D

ROVERS

Brees, Drew SDC QB - 10 17.03

Manning, Peyton IND QB - 8 1.03

Crockett, Zack OAK RB - 5 20.10

Faulk, Marshall STL RB - 9 10.10

Jordan, Lamont OAK RB - 5 3.03

Martin, Curtis NYJ RB - 8 2.10

Nash, Damien TEN RB - 10 25.03

Branch, Deion NEP WR - 7 9.03

Burleson, Nate MIN WR - 5 5.03

Calico, Tyrone TEN WR - 10 16.10

Smith, Jimmy JAC WR - 7 7.03

Taylor, Travis MIN WR - 5 27.03

Johnson, Eric SFO TE - 6 18.10

Putzier, Jeb DEN TE - 9 24.10

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK - 5 26.10

Tynes, Lawrence KCC PK - 5 31.03

Harris, Tommie CHI DT - 4 28.10

Robertson, Dewayne NYJ DT - 8 22.10

Ellis, Shaun NYJ DE - 8 12.10

Kelsay, Chris BUF DE - 9 32.10

Wistrom, Grant SEA DE - 8 23.03

Cowart, Sam MIN LB - 5 21.03

Hartwell, Edgerton ATL LB - 8 8.10

Quarles, Shelton TBB LB - 7 15.03

Suggs, Terrell BAL LB - 3 30.10

Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB - 8 4.10

Washington, Marcus WAS LB - 3 14.10

McGee, Terrence BUF CB - 9 11.03

Sheppard, Lito PHI CB - 6 29.03

Kennedy, Kenoy DET S - 3 19.03

Williams, Madieu CIN S - 10 6.10

Wilson, Gibril NYG S - 5 13.03

Edited by Rovers

Rovers, you'd have to do that with all teams, just to get a comparison.

Let's face it: you and I are 2 people that didn't vote for our own team.

Have a buddy vote for your team so I can be the only one without a vote, OK? :D

821030[/snapback]

gil, maybe we should start a new poll.... which team sucks the most? :D

After getting shut out in the voting, I started to wonder just how lousy my team might be?  :D So, I found myself an independent source that had early rankings published for the 2005 season. ......

821017[/snapback]

Honestly, I think you're reading too much into it. Remember: "that's why they play the games". Your team will be fine, don't worry.

If you're really really really looking for reasons, though... if I were a simple onlooker, I would first give pause to your RBs. Believe me, I am a huge CuMar guy. Met him after the Bolt-Jet game last season, and he's a stand-up guy. Nice guy. Terrific athlete that belongs in the Hall. But face it, he's not young, and he's coming off a terrific season. Law of averages would say he's due for a decline. And he's your clear-cut #1. Your #2 is Jordan, a guy that's been a backup, and now is given the starting gig on a team whose offense will be clearly pass-oriented. Your #3 is quite possibly the biggest fantasy god ever (Faulk). But this isn't 2000. You handcuffed Jordan, but with a guy that's a career short-yardage only guy. Nash could be a surprise if Brown's continuing injury concerns are a problem.

Your WRs look decent, but nothing jaw-dropping... no one that could explode for 150 yard, 3 TD games.

No one should question the Manning selection, even at 3... You obviously thought it was important to take him there, and you stuck to your guns. Kudos for that; it may very well pay off for you. (cough, Wayne owner, cough)

Your defense is solid; perhaps not enough IDP "eggspurts" are looking at this thread, and are voting on offense alone (probably why I only have 2 votes :D ) ... your LBs are nice and have solid DBs.

:D Let your team play and prove people wrong. To be quite honest, I look at DD's team and don't see why he has 5+ votes to everyone elses' 0-3... should be a very competitive season.

821030[/snapback]

I HAVEN"T VOTED YET :D

My Nomination Speech... :D

DARIN3

Favre, Brett GBP QB - 6 14.07 --- The Gunslinger will again have a huge season. Ferguson with a new set of eyes, Walker earning his money. Favre will remain a top 5 fantasy QB. Had to take him this late.

Manning, Eli NYG QB - 5 30.07 --- Was shooting for Boller, who was taken a few picks earlier. Can you say upside? He can only get better, and will serve me fine as a bye week replacement.

Bettis, Jerome PIT RB - 4 13.06 --- The Bus still has gas in his engine, that's for sure. As a bye week replacement, I'll take the guaranteed 50 yards and TD.

Blaylock, Derrick NYJ RB - 8 19.06 --- Went a little out of the box here, not looking to handcuff, but to possibly steal a stud all-purpose back, should CuMar act his age and get hurt.

Dillon, Corey NEP RB - 7 1.06 --- Caught a little heat here, but I've always loved depending on a big, sure-handed back on the NFL's best team. 1600+ yards is nothing to scoff at, and he'll do it again.

Droughns, Reuben CLE RB - 4 16.07 --- Risk/reward pick as my last RB pick. He's shown he has some skills, but probably won't get off my bench.

Jones, Julius DAL RB - 9 2.07 --- Absolutely one of the most powerful studs around. He's a workhorse; and Parcells loves that. Dallas will be MUCH improved, and he'll be asked to shoulder the load of protecting leads with his legs. If he doesn't reach 1,500 yards and 11 TDs, I'll be shocked.

Bruce, Isaac STL WR - 9 9.06 --- I have always drafted WRs the same. Assuming you pick 4 or 5, I pick 2 "boring" vets and 2 potentially big-game rooks/younger kids. So here's my first boring vet, a guy that is in a pass-happy offense and whose QB trusts him.

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR - 4 7.06 --- Boring vet #2 comes in the form of a guy coming off a career year to a new team. Could be a bit of a risk/reward pick, but he's been the model of consistency.

Price, Peerless ATL WR - 8 21.06 --- Doesn't really fit into either of my WR categories, but could be huge if Vick could get the ball downfield. Will suffice as a deep backup.

Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 8 4.07 --- Emerging stud #1. Sure, Marvin Harrison's the "number one" in Indy, but within this offense, you could contest there really are 2 #1's. Wayne will have another huge season.

Williams, Mike DET WR - 3 15.06 --- Emerging stud #2. OK so he's been out of football for a year, but the guy's a freak of nature. He'll supposedly play third fiddle, but we all know Charles Rogers is brittle, and even Roy Williams showed that he isn't susceptible to injury. Williams could be a TD machine for the Lions.

Gates, Antonio SDC TE - 10 3.06 --- I just love having the #1 TE. Plug and play. Don't worry, he'll get you 80-100 yards and a TD every week.

Jolley, Doug NYJ TE - 8 28.07 --- Well just in case... and for one week, this guy will serve me fine.

Cundiff, Billy DAL PK - 9 29.06 --- The week the idiot kicker is resting at home, Cundiff has a nice matchup. 'nuff said.

Vanderjagt, Mike IND PK - 8 22.07 --- Throw him out there every week, knowing he'll kick at least 3 XPs and will have plenty of FG chances.

Glover, La' roi DAL DT - 9 32.07 --- Late filler pick. With the overall defensive improvements to the Cowboy front seven, maybe the old guy gets rejuvenated.

Kampman, Aaron GBP DT - 6 17.06 --- Big sack potential here, and will get me 3-4 solos a game; decent for a DT.

Allen, Jared KCC DE - 5 31.06 --- Another guy with big sack potential, but this time, from the end. He'll ride my pine and will start on my starter's bye weeks, unless he puts up huge numbers.

Ogunleye, Adewale CHI DE - 4 24.07 --- Awesome value in the 24th round. The Bear D will continue to improve, and will be a fine bye-week filler or possibly 3rd DL starter.

Peppers, Julius CAR DE - 7 5.06 --- A man among neophytes. He'll continue to rack up sacks and tackles and will anchor my very solid D.

Arrington, Lavar WAS LB - 3 11.06 --- Sizeable risk/reward pick here. There's tons of questions surrounding the Redskin LB corps, and he has some injury questions following surgery. But if he gets to camp in shape and ready to go, he could be a 80 tackle, 8 sack LB. Outstanding.

Huff, Orlando ARI LB - 6 23.06 --- Slated to play the middle for a defense that should again be on the field a bunch. Purely backup fodder, but could be a surprise and be my third starter.

Johnson, Derrick o. KCC LB - 5 18.07 --- Lots of NFL teams passed on him, but I wasn't going to. He'll start, eventually, and could put up some serious tackle numbers. Backup for now.

Marshall, Lemar WAS LB - 3 26.07 --- If Arrington's a bust, I plug this guy in and watch him rack up 75 tackles. Decent third LB.

Nguyen, Dat DAL LB - 9 12.07 --- As I noted above with Glover, the Dallas D has taken major strides, and Nguyen and his tackling prowess are going to take front and center stage. I'd be shocked if he doesn't approach 100 solos.

Peterson, Mike JAC LB - 7 6.07 --- Slips a bit beneath the stud LB radar with the likes of Lewis, Edwards and Bulluck off the board. But he's a solid performer, certainly capable of spearheading my LB corps.

Barber, Ronde TBB CB - 7 8.07 --- Definitely the cream of the CB crop, and since we're forced to start a CB, I might as well have the guy that puts up safety (heck, maybe even LB) numbers.

Macklin, David ARI CB - 6 25.06 --- Another CB that puts up very good numbers, he'll fill in admirably during Barber's bye, or could potentially be a weekly starter if he's hot.

Chavous, Corey MIN S - 5 27.06 --- Small risk/reward pick here, but the Viking D has improved immensely and he has big tackle and INT potential.

Green, Michael CHI S - 4 10.07 --- Another plug-n-play guy. Improved Bear D... won't matter which side he starts on; he'll approach 100 total tackles, will notch a sack or 3, and will grab a few INTs.

Hamlin, Ken SEA S - 8 20.07 --- Will battle Chavous and Macklin as my third DB starter. He gets less pub than his Seattle DB mates, but could potentially put up big numbers.

VOTE FOR PEDRO

I mean, Darin.

:D

So, maybe you'll be a third guy who doesn't vote for his own team. Tell us who you vote for once you do it.

821114[/snapback]

I just voted for ROVERS

he did lots of work showing why he deserved a vote :D

Thanks for the pep talk, darin! Actually, on my WR's I definetely agree on Jimmy Smith.... yeah, they are talking about a more vertical passing game, but I picked him up because he rarely gets goose eggs, he's a very steady 8 to 12 point guy, but he's there every week with something. Extremely consistant. On the flip side, he never goes off like you said. Burleson is a guy that can go off though, he had four 100+ yard games last year, his best being against Detroit with 5 for 134 and 2 TD's. With Moss gone, some say that hurts him, I say it helps him. Branch was hurt most of last year, but the last two games of the season left an impression on me. In the title game he was 4-116-1TD, and a rushing TD. In the Supe, he was Brady's go to guy, 11-133. With Brown getting old, Patten gone I think it's him and Givens (forget Terrell) and I think he could blow up.

Basically, if I had a K Jones instead of Jordan, and a J Horn instead of Smith, this would make my team good enough to get a vote? Or Duece instead of Martin, and Ward instead of Branch? That's what it looks like, but I don't see it that way at all. My defense matches up with any other one in the league. I've got studs and depth. According to those rankings, I have a top 5 at LB, S and CB. If Martin and Jordan finish top 20 or better, and Manning has another 40+ TD year, look out. I look forward to playing the games for my ultimate vindication! :D

Just noticed keg threw a 'nod' my way! :D:D:D