[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does this hurt LT's value?

McBoog

I love LT and still think he is the number 1 overall pick. Durable, consistent and likable. I read the linked article and thought it would be interesting to see if any of you drop him a notch because of this!?!? One of LT's greatest pluses has been his receiving skills and bonus yardage in this area.

What do you all think? :D

Link to Article - Wait'll you see this Chargers rookie run!

This subject has come up before in another thread about Sproles. The consensus then was that he probably won't decrease LT's FF value all that much. I think this year Sproles will be primarily involved in the return game. As the year progresses and he gets more familiar with the offense, he may be used as a third down back, but I don't think he'll siphon off enough yardage and scores from LT to make LT's worth that much less. JMHO.

Taking the above article into account, I just found THIS analysis as well. It actually, as a Charger fan, makes sense to me. Add into the equation that Marty Loves to run the skin, we might be looking at the next 2,000 yard season in LT. But, as stated in the article, 2,000 yard rushers are not always gonna get you the high TD output.

Still, 2,000 yards and 14 TDs plus whatever yardage in the passing game you get is 284 points in a season, whichtranslates to a steady 17 points plus per game! I'll take that anytime :D

His college high light reel is jaw-dropping.  He may not be tall, but he bounces of people with an unreal 2nd effort.  And onces he's in the flat; bu-bye.

820996[/snapback]

For all you Huddlers that draft a combined Defense/Special Teams slot (which I think is just about everybody), remember Sproles. He will excel in the return game!!! :D

in my book, his value raises...

every back needs to be spelled at some point, regardless if they want to admit it...especially last year when his durability started to wear a little thin, this is perfect for him and may make him even hungrier when he's out their, feeling the need to make it count now....but that's probably me overanalyzing lol...I doubt he could try any harder...the fact he'll be catching a breather only propels his value in the long run...

For all you Huddlers that draft a combined Defense/Special Teams slot (which I think is just about everybody), remember Sproles. He will excel in the return game!!!  :D

821231[/snapback]

alot of drafts I normally only take 1 defense and focus more on other positions at the time...

but this year, I think I'll look to acquire 2 defense's in the draft..

Every game i've seen LT in he will usaully gets the first down before the 3rd down.

821253[/snapback]

Or at least they aren't in a 3rd-and-long situation - which is when 3rd down backs are played - in obvious passing situations.

Ya really think Sproles is a better option than LT on 3rd and <4?