[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why not, another trade poll!

Should I trade Lamont Jordan for Deuce McCallister? performance scoring  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should I trade Lamont Jordan for Deuce McCallister? performance scoring

• Yes, get Deuce immediately!!
    • No, keep Lamont

At first glance I almost came out of my shoes and did this deal. Then I did some research. Is Deuce a bit overrated in fantasy circles?? He's also got more wear than Jordan, and that Raider offense could possibly be prime to get Lamont some big TD numbers. I don't know how long he'll keep this offer extended, so any advice is greatly appreciated

I would go for Deuce.

In the 3 years he has been the starter he is averaging 10 rushing TDs and 1.33 receiving TDs a year and 1367 rushing yards with another 365 receiving per season.

He has also only missed 3 games in those 3 years

That is pretty darn consistent as and enough points to consistently be in the top ten ranks of fantasy backs, if not higher.

Jordan on the other hand was never able to supplant an aging, albeit very talented Curtis Martin, and, whether a lack of opportunity or not his forte, he did not add much in the way of receiving numbers,

IMO, McAllister is a very good performer, especially in a performance based scoring system, while Jordan is still relatively unknown though he admittedly has done well with the opportunities he was given with the Jets.

Is this a keeper league? If not it's a no brainer imo...you get Duece. If it is a keeper league the decision may be a bit tougher but I still think I take Duece. The Saints are bringing back a full back this year. They've upgraded their o-line with the additions of free agent G Jermane Mayberry and 1st rd draft choice Jammal Brown. They've also hired a new position coach in Johnny Roland, who's supposed to be one of the more respected RB coaches. Duece is healthly and proven. Jordan has never had to carry the full load and is a bit of a risk imo...although with all the weapons around him, there is potential for him to have a great year. I read all this in an article on Duece. If I can find it, I'll post it for ya. Good luck.

I've watched every carry LaMont Jordan has ever had as a pro - either live or on TV. I was glad the Jets didn't give him big money.

He had 479 rushing yards last year. 115 of those came in the 2nd half of the Monday Night game vs. Miami which the Jets won 41-14. I was at that game and the Dolphins had clearly packed it in by half time.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jordan and I wanted him on the team, but not at starting RB money. He has some explosive ability and is a great change of pace back, but alot of his yards came late in games after Curtis Martin had beaten the shucks out of the defense.

To make a long story short, I like Jordan, but I'd take McAllister in a heartbeat.

I'm going to go against the flow here and recommend keeping Jordan. He will figure into the Raiders game plan in a HUGE way. With all the weapons that the Raiders have added, it will be hard for opposing defenses to key on Jordan. I expect a very good year from him.

I have been a Deuce owner twice in the last three years, but was disappointed how Haslett used him in the offense. Unless they radically change the offensive scheme in New Orleans, I don't expect much better THIS year. Mix in the injuries he's had and you get my drift.

It's a close call, but I would go with Jordan, IMHO.

Maybe its the Friday night bourbon...but even though I am not a huge Duece fan...I cannot believe that holding out for the guy who isnt good enough to beat out CMART is a good move.

Sort of like those who believed that given a chance Kevan Barlow would be the man.

TAKE DUECE NOW :D

Curtis Martin is one of the best 10 backs in NFL history, like it or not, and Shaun Alexander very well could be sitting under him too if they would've drafted him as planned, so I'm not all that concerned about Lamont's lack of playing time. I really like how the guy runs and think he could put up 15 TDs in that Raider offense, and most importantly-----the guy chainsawed a freakin goalpost!!!!!!

But Deuce McCallister is a freakin brute savage psycho

I would go for Deuce.

In the 3 years he has been the starter he is averaging 10 rushing TDs and 1.33 receiving TDs a year and 1367 rushing yards with another 365 receiving per season.

He has also only missed 3 games in those 3 years

That is pretty darn consistent as and enough points to consistently be in the top ten ranks of fantasy backs, if not higher.

Jordan on the other hand was never able to supplant an aging, albeit very talented Curtis Martin, and, whether a lack of opportunity or not his forte, he did not add much in the way of receiving numbers,

IMO, McAllister is a very good performer, especially in a performance based scoring system, while Jordan is still relatively unknown though he admittedly has done well with the opportunities he was given with the Jets.

824724[/snapback]

Can't add to this.

I didn't wanna listen to you guys on this one, but I'm gonna make the call and go with Deuce. Mind you, in this league, I have traded LT, Portis, Priest, Tiki, Holt, all RIGHT before they blew up, and got NOTHING in return for any of them. I am going to print out this whole thread to show the guys in my league that it really wasn't my fault for trading away Jordan when he's a superstar for Deuce who will have one more decent good year before turning into Eddie George.

Mind you, in this league, I have traded LT, Portis, Priest, Tiki, Holt, all RIGHT before they blew up, and got NOTHING in return for any of them. 

826991[/snapback]

I'm all for being cautious and mentally prearranging a scapegoat when you've been burned before but I can't imagine you got a whole lot of input from the Huddle when it came to pulling the trigger on those other fellas.

I made the same deal earlier this off-season. My point of view is that with the new OC in New Orleans and a new commitment to the running game (+ a new FB) Deuce should run wild. Jordan is unproven and has Moss and Porter to steal touches (+ the Raiders defense stinks and they will be in many shoot-outs).

I took it as a no brainer to get Deuce, but I wasn't lucky enough to get him straight up. I gave up Wayne also (for D Jackson).

So I say do it.

Okay guys, he just upped the ante to Jordan and my 6th round pick, which is the round where WRs just fly off the board one after another, so its kind of a key pick. We keep up to 5, I'd be keeping 3---Peyton, Edge, Deuce. Have to try and get a RB in the 4th round and a WR in the 5th, but without the 6th I would have a bit of a gap at my #2 receiver spot.UGGGGHHH

Whoo......That makes things different........I'd take Deuce and not look back str8 up but for a 6 round pick I don't know if I would give that up....I think you could draft what you need if you have to give up a 6 round pick too.............but Deuce for sure!!!!!!