[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - The off-season edition

Well kids, since things are slow here at the huddle this time of year, I figured I'd try and keep myself busy answering some of your questions. Unlike the regular season edition, there are no rules here. Ask away, any questions you'd like, and I'll let you know what I think. :D

H1:

I too am quite bored. Here's my roster in ConFusion. First year of a dynasty league, 16 teams w/ IDPs. Starters to the left of the /, backups to the right.

QB: Culpepper / Smith (SF), Orton, Frye (will be trading for "top" DL)

RB: Alexander, Westbrook / Houston (NYJ), Gates (Buf), Davis (Ind)

WR: Bruce, Burress, Williams (Det), / Terrell, Warren (TB)

TE: Schoebel, / Alexander (Den)

K: Vanderjagt

LB: Nguyen, Davis, Godfrey, / Hagler (Ind), Pettway (Hou), Reynolds (Ten)

DL: Carter, Brock, / Pollack

DB: Harrison, Wilson, Woodson, / Davis (Car), Miller (NYJ)

We're still bidding on a few solid rookies, and the starters may change due to trades. Thoughts/comments/suggestions? For a look at the rest of the teams, check this link: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=89231

no questions today.  but just wanted to say it's good to see you back up and running.  thanks!

827437[/snapback]

Thanks, it's good to be here. And I'll like to take this moment to thank my sponsor, the Whizzanator, for making this all possible.

H1:

I too am quite bored.  Here's my roster in ConFusion.  First year of a dynasty league, 16 teams w/ IDPs.  Starters to the left of the /, backups to the right.

QB:  Culpepper / Smith (SF), Orton, Frye (will be trading for "top" DL)

RB:  Alexander, Westbrook / Houston (NYJ), Gates (Buf), Davis (Ind)

WR:  Bruce, Burress, Williams (Det), / Terrell, Warren (TB)

TE:  Schoebel, / Alexander (Den)

K:  Vanderjagt

LB:  Nguyen, Davis, Godfrey, / Hagler (Ind), Pettway (Hou), Reynolds (Ten)

DL:  Carter, Brock, / Pollack

DB:  Harrison, Wilson, Woodson, / Davis (Car), Miller (NYJ)

We're still bidding on a few solid rookies, and the starters may change due to trades.  Thoughts/comments/suggestions?  For a look at the rest of the teams, check this link:  http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=89231

827439[/snapback]

Hey, shouldn't you be answering a certain PM? :D

Lemme take a look at your question in the meantime. :D

H1:

I too am quite bored.  Here's my roster in ConFusion.  First year of a dynasty league, 16 teams w/ IDPs.  Starters to the left of the /, backups to the right.

QB:  Culpepper / Smith (SF), Orton, Frye (will be trading for "top" DL)

RB:  Alexander, Westbrook / Houston (NYJ), Gates (Buf), Davis (Ind)

WR:  Bruce, Burress, Williams (Det), / Terrell, Warren (TB)

TE:  Schoebel, / Alexander (Den)

K:  Vanderjagt

LB:  Nguyen, Davis, Godfrey, / Hagler (Ind), Pettway (Hou), Reynolds (Ten)

DL:  Carter, Brock, / Pollack

DB:  Harrison, Wilson, Woodson, / Davis (Car), Miller (NYJ)

We're still bidding on a few solid rookies, and the starters may change due to trades.  Thoughts/comments/suggestions?  For a look at the rest of the teams, check this link:  http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=89231

827439[/snapback]

Well, since you're the IDP ekkspurt, allow me to concentrate on your offense:

QB: CPep is a stud. That being said, I think his value has dropped with the loss of Moss. It's hard to say how much. If Owens signs, I think Cpep is #3, but quite a distant #3 from the obvious #1 Manning and #2 McNabb. If Owens does not sign, I'd put Cpep at #2, but a distant #2. The maturing and develepmont of Williamson could play a big part in Cpep's value. That being said, regardless of who is at WR, Cpep does not fall out of the top 3 imo. Smith could be good, obviously tough to call, but he was the #1 overall pick, and you have no QB depth, so it's a good pick.

Alexander is good, as is Westbrook if he stays healthy, which could be said for a lot of people I guess. :D You better hope neither one of them gets hurt.

Interesting WR's for a 16 team league. You have a decent #2 WR in Bruce. I'm still looking for your #1 guy, maybe you forgot to type it. :D In all seriousness, after Bruce come a lot of question marks. Plexiglass in New York as the #1 WR with Eli throwing him the ball, coming off an injury riddled 35 reception year. Doesn't quite give you a warm fuzzy feeling, does it? Williams, potential stud, but also a potential dud. Injuries are a concern, the starting QB is a concern, and then they went and drafted a WR with the #1 overall pick. Interesting.

All in all, on the offensive side of the ball, you could have either a very good year, or a very bad one. Unfortunately you're not very deep, and have a lot of risky players. Granted, it's a 16 team league, so no one is deep.

Well, since you're the IDP ekkspurt, allow me to concentrate on your offense:

QB: CPep is a stud. That being said, I think his value has dropped with the loss of Moss. It's hard to say how much. If Owens signs, I think Cpep is #3, but quite a distant #3 from the obvious #1 Manning and #2 McNabb. If Owens does not sign, I'd put Cpep at #2, but a distant #2. The maturing and develepmont of Williamson could play a big part in Cpep's value. That being said, regardless of who is at WR, Cpep does not fall out of the top 3 imo. Smith could be good, obviously tough to call, but he was the #1 overall pick, and you have no QB depth, so it's a good pick.

Alexander is good, as is Westbrook if he stays healthy, which could be said for a lot of people I guess. :D You better hope neither one of them gets hurt.

Interesting WR's for a 16 team league. You have a decent #2 WR in Bruce. I'm still looking for your #1 guy, maybe you forgot to type it. :D In all seriousness, after Bruce come a lot of question marks. Plexiglass in New York as the #1 WR with Eli throwing him the ball, coming off an injury riddled 35 reception year. Doesn't quite give you a warm fuzzy feeling, does it? Williams, potential stud, but also a potential dud. Injuries are a concern, the starting QB is a concern, and then they went and drafted a WR with the #1 overall pick. Interesting.

All in all, on the offensive side of the ball, you could have either a very good year, or a very bad one. Unfortunately you're not very deep, and have a lot of risky players. Granted, it's a 16 team league, so no one is deep.

827470[/snapback]

Hugh -

Thanks for the insight. You're correct; we have very limited depth. We entered the veteran draft about 3/4 of the way through, as the previous owner crapped the bed and we took over. I'm not responsible for most of the selections. All the stud RBs and WRs were off the board by the time we got involved. For a 16-team league, however, I think the Bruce/Burress combo will be decent. Williams does have a chance to be a stud, or at least grab a bevy of TDs. I am very high on Terrell, though. I think he and Brady will be locked on this season.

The rookie RBs were JUST out of our reach in the rookie auction. We could have landed one of the top 4, but would have been exhausted of our funds. We're still bidding on potential gems in Ruud and Brown (Philly)... if TO holds out, Brown could be HUGH. :D

I think we're solid with our "big 3": C-Pepp, Alexander and Westbrook. Like you said, if they stay healthy, they'll produce and will carry us.

Thanks again... :D

Hello Hugh -

If you have time, care to analyze my Confusion offense (again, 16 team dyntasty league) ...

QB Bulger/Brooks

RB T. Bell, T. Barber (M. Bennett)/Dayne, Griffin, M. Moore, O. Smith, Alstott, Cloud

WR E. Moulds, D. Driver (A. Lelie)/A. Davis, J. Galloway, T. Taylor, A. Battle, Samie Parker, Kevin Curtis

TE T. Gonzalez/ F. Jones, S. Meier, Kris Wilson

K Vinateiri/Brien or Edinger

Flex position options in parenthesis ... Right now I plan to Taxi Squad Moore, Battle, Parker, Curtis and Wilson ... should I promote any of them immediately?

Thanks!

j jones or barber... 1 point per reception 1 per 10 and 6 per td

barber: last year i can keep him , jones it would be 2nd of 3

also have manning and portis.....

827482[/snapback]

Tiki's proved me wrong over the past years, so I'll actually slide him up a bit in my draft chart, but he does not move ahead of Julius Jones. That dude is gonna get the rock, and get it often, as you saw at the end of last year. Add in the fact that you can keep JJ for an extra year, it's a no-brainer imo.

Whats up Hugh.....

How awesome is Randy Moss ?

Ok fine...thats not my real question. Do you think this might be the year to take (as examples) guys like McGahee and Julius Jones over McAllister/Ahman Green ? Also, you think Jamal Lewis is a top 5 back? Thx for the input.

Hello Hugh -

If you have time, care to analyze my Confusion offense (again, 16 team dyntasty league) ...

QB Bulger/Brooks

RB T. Bell, T. Barber (M. Bennett)/Dayne, Griffin, M. Moore, O. Smith,  Alstott, Cloud

WR E. Moulds, D. Driver (A. Lelie)/A. Davis, J. Galloway, T. Taylor, A. Battle, Samie Parker, Kevin Curtis

TE T. Gonzalez/ F. Jones, S. Meier, Kris Wilson

K Vinateiri/Brien or Edinger

Flex position options in parenthesis ... Right now I plan to Taxi Squad Moore, Battle, Parker, Curtis and Wilson ... should I promote any of them immediately?

Thanks!

827490[/snapback]

You have two of the top QB's outside of Manning, Cpep and McNabb. Solid #1, and solid depth. Very nice.

RB is pretty solid as well, as it looks like you have the Vikes RB, regardless of how it goes, and a decent starter in Barber as well as Denver's running game with Bell/Griffin/Dayne (maybe you want to draft Clarett in the rookie draft just to be sure and make sure you grab Kris Briggs as well :D ) A lot of possible RBBC clusterf*cks, but pretty solid depth for a 16 team league. With a bit of luck you could easily have 3 solid starting RB's, which, in a 16 team league, is money in the bank.

WR's is a little weak. Moulds with Losman at the helm could suffer, and he's already on the decline, and not getting younger. Methinks Eric's best days are behind him. Then the #2 guy in GB, not bad, not good. Lelie was OK last year, and should be getting better, I just happen to think Plummer sucks ass which won't help Lelie emerge as a star.

Good team. With some luck, you should be headed to the playoffs.

Regarding the taxi squad question, I'd be careful with Moore. I think there's a chance that he becomes the starting RB in Minnesota. Call it a hunch, maybe a reach, but I think there's a distinct possibility. The only problem is that Tice would need a brain to make that happen..... :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Whats up Hugh.....

How awesome is Randy Moss ? 

Ok fine...thats not my real question.  Do you think this might be the year to take (as examples) guys like McGahee and Julius Jones over McAllister/Ahman Green ?  Also, you think Jamal Lewis is a top 5 back?  Thx for the input.

827532[/snapback]

Are you asking the young vs. old thing? McAllister has only been in the league for 5 years. I like, especially in dynasty leagues, picking young backs. I really like both McGahee and Jones, and would consider them over Green for sure, not sure about over McAllister though. All of these guys have injury considerations as well, so I guess that's a wash.

Top 5? No. Especially not since he'll be missing June and July camps. Top 10 maybe.

doh keeper league question. normal league rules with 1 pt. per reception. i'm keeping julius. i get to keep 3. i am considering keeping tatum bell over chad johnson and tory holt. 1 pt per recept so wr's are a premium. but a good back that catches passes is even more of a premium. one thing to note......we can only start 2 rbs each week but we have to start 3 wr's. or 2 wr's and a te.

doh keeper league question.  normal league rules with 1 pt. per reception.  i'm keeping julius.  i get to keep 3.  i am considering keeping tatum bell over chad johnson and tory holt.  1 pt per recept so wr's are a premium.  but a good back that catches passes is even more of a premium.  one thing to note......we can only start 2 rbs each week but we have to start 3 wr's.  or 2 wr's and a te.

827648[/snapback]

Dumbass, you do know that I'm in that league with you, right?

Hey Hugh, glad to see you are back. I am sure this question is on everyone's mind, so I might as well throw it out there. It is 2-fold.

Will our favorite Patriot's pop-off be back this year? :D

And if so, how should we deal with him? :D

Hey, good to see you back again. Hope your kid is doing well. Should be getting pretty big by now!!! :D

Even with everyones opinions on who is gonna start in KC, who is gonna be the starter and why. Priest has said he's in the best shape now and running faster. What do you think?

Also what do you think of Michael Bennetts value this year in FF?

Thanks Hugh.

Hey Hugh,  glad to see you are back. I am sure this question is on everyone's mind, so I might as well throw it out there. It is 2-fold.

Will our favorite Patriot's pop-off be back this year? :D

And if so, how should we deal with him? :D

Hey, good to see you back again. Hope your kid is doing well. Should be getting pretty big by now!!!  :D

827992[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words. :D The little man is growing like a Josh Gordon. 4 1/2 months, and 18 pounds. :eek: I've got a picture of him in his Vikings PJ's, I'll post it later today. :D

Regarding the FuglyTuna, I have no solution. The best would be to ignore him, but it's just too much fun to beat him down and ridicule him, so I guess I have no answer. :D

How many Huddlers have to gather before a Hugh One would show up to impart such wisdom in person?  :D

828313[/snapback]

A lot. And there'd have to be hot chicks too. :D

In all seriousness, believe me, I am truly sorry I was not able to attend. I would have loved to meet long time huddlers NSab, Skylive, Dragon, DKF, as well as some of you newbie tools. :D