[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there anyone out there better than Tom Brady?

Gators

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me clarify, I will speak a little slower for you.

Law.....

- When the other 2 turnovers which resulted in points were just as big as the Law turnover, which you can credit to Vrabel for smacking Warner while he was throwing it.

- The good football fan would notice that he shut down Bruce, but would voters?

- Rams receivers - Hakim, Bruce, and Holt all caught exactly 5 passes, and Law didn't shut down everyone, right?  The defensive effort was noticed, not Laws, so votes might have been spread around the Defense.

How can Palmiro be voted the Gold Glove (by players and coaches no less) when he played 90% of his games as the DH?

If you are going to be pissed about the voting system, then ignore it.

Just look at the fact that Brady is 3-0 in the Superbowl, and 9-0 overall in the playoffs.

830696[/snapback]

Law couldn't carry James Washington's jock.

So, you don't proofread and are unaware that "a lot" is improperly spelled as one word?  Yet, I'm the inbred slow?  Got it.

830697[/snapback]

No, you're not the inbred "slow". You're the inbred r e t a r d. But I don't expect you to understand that, given your condition.

Carry on.

Edited by Vet

:D

Just seems to me that this kid is setting the standard for NFL qb's...3 out of 4 years Superbowl champ...2 time superbowl MVP..could have easily been 3 time superbowl MVP...Cool as a cucumber, tougher than 20 penny nails...This guy will go down as the greatest player of all time....Could there possibly be anyone better than the man named "Brady"

828187[/snapback]

You'll never know unless he does it for another team too. Some qbs don't have to pass this test, but it seems he does.

I could throw for 4,000 yds and 50 tds. with that Colts offense. Manning , next to McNabb is the most over-rated, over-hyped player in the NFL.

830498[/snapback]

Well if you can, I suggest you do, I think there might be some good money in it for ya. :D

I can't see how some of can even use Mannings name in the same sentence as Bradys. What has Manning accomplished other than putting up gaudy numbers?...It's all about winning. Thats all, winning! At crunch time I would take Tom Brady over any other qb in the league and quite possibly ,in the history of the league!

I can't see how some of can even use Mannings name in the same sentence as Bradys. What has Manning accomplished other than putting up gaudy numbers?...It's all about winning. Thats all, winning! At crunch time I would take Tom Brady over any other qb in the league and quite possibly ,in  the history of the league!

832661[/snapback]

I can't see how you can compare two QBs who are in completely different situations and are asked to do completely different things.

They are asked to do the very same thing, Bill, WIN!!!....Brady has done exactly what the Patriots Brass has asked him to do...What have the Colts asked of Peyton, other than winning? Put up great numbers and falter in the playoffs?...Doubt it..

They are asked to do the very same thing, Bill, WIN!!!....Brady has done exactly what the Patriots  Brass has asked him to do...What have the Colts asked of Peyton, other than winning? Put up great numbers and falter in the playoffs?...Doubt it..

832890[/snapback]

Um, no. TEAMS win football games, not individual players. And if you want to win a championship, you'd better have a solid defense.

They do two completely different things. One QB essentially serves as his team's offensive coordinator and is responsible for putting up 30 points/game because his defense routinely gives up 24 or more. The other's responsibility is to get his team in position to score (TD or FG), not turn over the ball, make a big play every once in a while, and let his defense do the rest. You can't compare the two.

Um, no.  TEAMS win football games, not individual players.  And if you want to win a championship, you'd better have a solid defense.

They do two completely different things.  One QB essentially serves as his team's offensive coordinator and is responsible for putting up 30 points/game because his defense routinely gives up 24 or more.  The other's responsibility is to get his team in position to score (TD or FG), not turn over the ball, make a big play every once in a while, and let his defense do the rest.  You can't compare the two.

832910[/snapback]

OK, so Brady and Manning have different jobs, different responsibilities - whatever.

Which one does his job better?

Brady.

Edited by Vet

Two words.    Drew Bledsoe.

828351[/snapback]

:D:D

Wrong post lobsterclaw. Did you think you were answering "Which retread QB will likely lead his team to a losing record?"

I cannot believe that we have spent this much time talking about a QB that is not all that good! All he does is win games-what a great argument. Maybe someone else could post the fact that he wins games. What happened in the year between the Super Bowl years, what was his record then and why didn't he win games then?

Anyway, if we are talking about the best QB of all time, I believe everyone forgot to mention SCOTT MITCHELL!

There you go Vet...Who does a better job of doing what is asked of them?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I agree..

833550[/snapback]

Here's an analogy: At my previous job, I'd argue that I was better at doing my job than my boss was at doing his. Then again, my boss' job was about 10 times more difficult than mine. Therefore, I wouldn't say that I'm a better scientist than my former boss just because I was more effective with less work and responsibility on my shoulders.

As I've said, I believe Brady is perfect for the Patriots. He's not asked to win games for the team very often and he does a great job of not losing the game (avoids blunders like that INT he threw in the closing moments agains the Fins last season). QB's get way too much credit for their team's success and in cases like this, unless he does it with another team, in my book I will never consider him a great QB (much like the way I feel about Aikman).

As I've said, I believe Brady is perfect for the Patriots. He's not asked to win games for the team very often and he does a great job of not losing the game (avoids blunders like that INT he threw in the closing moments agains the Fins last season). QB's get way too much credit for their team's success and in cases like this, unless he does it with another team, in my book I will never consider him a great QB (much like the way I feel about Aikman).

833700[/snapback]

I completely agree.

The more I read this... the more I am convinced.

Three Super Bowls in four years!!!

Three unbelievably close games won by three points against three entirely different defensive schemes!!!

Think about it...He really is the best ever.

Adam Viniteri IS GOD!

This is why this stupid post keeps getting play.  Because of dumb statements like this!!!

833932[/snapback]

Clearly you missed my feeble attempt at humor. Could not all of the arguements made about Brady in this post be also used for Viniteri. Perhaps not funny...but hardly dumb...I mean that was the point...get it?

The more I read this... the more I am convinced. 

Three Super Bowls in four years!!!

Three unbelievably close games won by three points against three entirely different defensive schemes!!!

Think about it...He really is the best ever.

Adam Viniteri IS GOD!

833920[/snapback]

Very valid point.

Brady v. Manning: Who gets paid more? Who puts up better statistics? Who has the better overall team? Who has been able to have a 1 or 2 seed (and an extra week of rest) in the playoffs more? Whose defense has held teams to 17 or fewer points in SIX OUT OF NINE playoff games? Whose offense only needed to score 22 points in order to win seven of nine playoff games?

Edited by CaptainHook

in my book I will never consider him a great QB (much like the way I feel about Aikman).

833700[/snapback]

Trainer Phil. You are not using your Mondula oblongata.

Captain Hook, You are failing to mention that Mannings receivers and backs are overall far more superior to Bradys...With Harrison, Wayne,Edge,Clark, Pollard,etc...How can you not throw up gaudy stats....At least 8 games in a controlled weather enviroment...Marino would have thrown for 55 tds. with that cast and that stadium..I think Brady could too...

Brady v. Manning: Who gets paid more?  Who puts up better statistics?  Who has the better overall team?  Who has been able to have a 1 or 2 seed (and an extra week of rest) in the playoffs more?  Whose defense has held teams to 17 or fewer points in SIX OUT OF NINE playoff games?  Whose offense only needed to score 22 points in order to win seven of nine playoff games?

834363[/snapback]

A bye week is not handed out, it is earned. If the Colts beat the Pats in either of the last two years (once in Indy, once in NE), they would have earned a bye, but they didn't.

Below is a great read, especially those last 2 sentences, Manning's proponents.

Cut that pay!

Cold, Hard Football Facts for the week of Jan. 13-19

Peyton Manning is an upstanding young man. He has class and dignity. He’s noble in defeat and gracious in victory. He says all the right things, even if his teammates do not. Peyton Manning is the type of guy you want dating your daughter.

But he’s just not the guy you want leading your team in the postseason or guiding an offense in the physical and mental maelstrom of wintry football. And he’s certainly not the best quarterback in football, an assertion we've stood by since the start of the season.

These conclusions are not harsh, mean-spirited or, contrary to the opinion of some in the media, the rabid cheerleading of some yahoos attempting to paint the local 11 in the prettiest light.

These conclusions are simply Cold, Hard Football Facts. And, until Manning proves otherwise, there are no other conclusions an observer can draw if they’re making an honest assessment of his quarterbacking abilities.

The best quarterback in football does not produce a dud every single year that he’s in the playoffs. But Manning has. He’s 3-5 in the playoffs after Sunday’s 20-3 loss to New England. Four times in five years, Manning has played his single worst game of the season in the playoffs. In Indy’s victories he’s been stupendous. In Indy’s losses he’s been stupefied.

In those fives losses, Manning has completed 100 of 195 passes (51.3 percent) for 1,033 yards, 2 TDs and 7 INTs. His cumulative passer rating in the five losses is 55.4. That is not yahooism. That is Cold, Hard Football Fact.

Consider this: Sunday’s performance against New England was Manning’s worst of the season (69.3 passer rating, 0 TD passes, 1 INT). But it was his second best statistical performance in a postseason loss. It doesn’t get any uglier than that.

But the biggest indictment is that Indy’s high-powered regular-season offenses over the years have averaged just 10 points per game in five playoffs losses. Manning’s proponents can finger the Indy defense all they want. But it’s hard to beat champion-caliber teams when you put just 10 points on the board.

Edited by charty