[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there anyone out there better than Tom Brady?

Gators

I've asked myself which would be a better team A Colts team led by Tom Brady or a New England team with Manning at the helm........I believe the answer is easy, the Colts led by Brady....He seems to make everyone around him play better...The Colts defense would be better because of the confidence Brady exudes....They would never see Brady shaking his head on the side lines like Manning does when things get tough....Plus the Colts Offense would be unstoppable with Harrison,Wayne, Edge, Stokley, Pollard, Clark and Brady.....

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D  Trust me, I'm not saying Bledsoe was great.  I was just surprised to see you so ready to kick him to the curb and not give him his due.  Without him, the Pats don't win the SB in '01.

841976[/snapback]

If Bledsoe doesn't get injured, the Patriots don't even make the playoffs, nevermind the SuperBowl. That is why someone is forever in debt to Mo Lewis.

What do you mean by "without him, the Pats don't win the SB in '01"?

Is it because of the Pittsburgh game? How can you say with confidence Brady wouldn't have lead them to victory? He started the game and left with the lead, what more can be asked? He hit Patten in the back right corner of the endzone in the SB, and it was the same play Drew threw his TD in Pittsburgh, so there is no doubt he could have made that throw.

They won the SB without Bledsoe in '03, and '04, but you have the crystal ball that says the Pittsburgh game would have been Brady's only playoff loss?

In case there was any doubt he could go into Pittsburgh and win, he did it again in the AFC Title game this past year. But you can keep yourself busy whining about how Indy has to play so many road playoff games.

Edited by charty

I've asked myself which would be a better team A Colts team led by Tom Brady or a New England team with Manning at the helm........I believe the answer is easy, the Colts led by Brady....He seems to make everyone around him play better...The Colts defense would be better because of the confidence Brady exudes....They would never see Brady shaking his head on the side lines like Manning does when things get tough....Plus the Colts Offense would be unstoppable with Harrison,Wayne, Edge, Stokley, Pollard, Clark and Brady.....

842531[/snapback]

You are completely right ... I don't think Belichick, the other coaches, and the other players had anything to do with it ...

:D

just plain stupid! :D

842531[/snapback]

The Colts offense would be unstoppable with Brady??? :D

Brady couldn't even run the Colts offense. He has to wear a wristband with the plays on it to run the Patriots'. Plus, even he acknowledged he needed to put in more work after his first few years as a starter. He would normally just go home after practice. You know why Manning is so good? He studies A LOT. And he practices with his receivers in his time off.

The Colts defense would be "better" because of BRADY???? :doah:

Is he gonna play linebacker?

Brady's "Colts" would be better than Manning's "Patriots"? Does the defense and special teams go over to the Colts with Brady?

Can you imagine Manning only having to put up 21 points to win games??? He would make Givens and Branch into superstars with ridiculous numbers. Play-action with Dillon?? Belicheck, the greatest mind in coaching + Manning, the greatest mind on the field= 4 straight Super Bowl titles. I'm not sure the Colts would even make the play-offs with Brady at QB.

You just made the stupidest post ever. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

If Bledsoe doesn't get injured, the Patriots don't even make the playoffs, nevermind the SuperBowl.  That is why someone is forever in debt to Mo Lewis.

842580[/snapback]

You don't think I know that? Crawl back under your rock you stupid noob.

What do you mean by "without him, the Pats don't win the SB in '01"?

Is it because of the Pittsburgh game?  How can you say with confidence Brady wouldn't have lead them to victory?

842580[/snapback]

Umm, maybe because he had to leave the game with a sprained ankle?

He started the game and left with the lead, what more can be asked

842580[/snapback]

It was the second quarter. And that "lead" that Brady "left with" was from a punt return. The score was 7-3. Yeah, I think Bledsoe was important. You think that Huard would have been able to win that game?

But you can keep yourself busy whining about how Indy has to play so many road playoff games.

842580[/snapback]

842531[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:yay::yay:

:D:D

The Colts offense would be unstoppable with Brady??? :D

Brady couldn't even run the Colts offense.  He has to wear a wristband with the plays on it to run the Patriots'.  Plus, even he acknowledged he needed to put in more work after his first few years as a starter.  He would normally just go home after practice.  You know why Manning is so good?  He studies A LOT.  And he practices with his receivers in his time off.

The Colts defense would be "better" because of BRADY????  :doah:

Brady's "Colts" would be better than Manning's "Patriots"?  Does the defense and special teams go over to the Colts with Brady?

Can you imagine Manning only having to put up 21 points to win games???  He would make Givens and Branch into superstars with ridiculous numbers.  Play-action with Dillon??  Belicheck, the greatest mind in coaching + Manning, the greatest mind on the field= 4 straight Super Bowl titles.  I'm not sure the Colts would even make the play-offs with Brady at QB.

You just made the stupidest post ever.  :D

842956[/snapback]

speaking of the patriots special teams...do you now what patriotshas been named afc special teams player of the week twice in his 4 year career? and has blocked 5 kicks including one in a 17-14 divisional round game against tennesee? big sey!

while im not going to argue or disagree with most of your above statement..i think you are going overboard..or missing the boat on brady when you say he couldnt run the colts offense...brady is an intense worker with a great desire to be great and get better...when he said he needed to work more..he was trying to send a message that he wasnt going to get complacent and he was going to continue to try and improve on his weaknesses...he isnt the natural passer that peyton is...trust me..tom works just as hard as anyone...and he has to

while i think peyton would be successful in a pats uni..he is a gunslinger..and likes to force some balls..and i wonder if he would have the patience in the patriots offense...there is something unnerving about watching him move his feet and pump when hes either being pressured or has too much time..i like toms footwork..and calmness in the pocket when hes being pressured and his patience to let a receiver get open when he has time

A while back, I read an article where Brady talked about how his first few years in the league, he would show up to practice, and when practice was over he would leave. No extra film study. No extra work with WR's. He talked about realizing that to be a "great" QB, he had to do more. And this was after he already had one SB ring and MVP under his belt. There is no doubt in my mind that he now puts in the extra work needed. But Peyton arrived as a rookie with that mindset. And nobody works harder than Peyton. That's what gets me. Brady "lucks" into his first Super Bowl, and admitted that he didn't do much extra work.

I disagree about Manning being a gunslinger. I've seen Brady make some equally ridiculous throws and INT's forcing balls. Manning had bad years with INT's in '01 and '02. But I'm telling you, if you watched the Colt D, the Colts HAD to take some chances. Plus, in '01, Edge was hurt and the running game wasn't as good. In the past two years, Manning has thrown 20 picks. Brady has thrown 26. Manning has completed over 67% of his passes. Brady is at 60%. And we won't even compare TD's.

I will agree with you completely in one area. Brady'd footwork is second to no one.

Edited by CaptainHook

A while back, I read an article where Brady talked about how his first few years in the league, he would show up to practice, and when practice was over he would leave.  No extra film study.  No extra work with WR's.  He talked about realizing that to be a "great" QB, he had to do more.  And this was after he already had one SB ring and MVP under his belt.  There is no doubt in my mind that he now puts in the extra work needed.  But Peyton arrived as a rookie with that mindset.  And nobody works harder than Peyton.  That's what gets me.  Brady "lucks" into his first Super Bowl, and admitted that he didn't do much extra work.

I disagree about Manning being a gunslinger.  I've seen Brady make some equally ridiculous throws and INT's forcing balls.  Manning had bad years with INT's in '01 and '02.  But I'm telling you, if you watched the Colt D, the Colts HAD to take some chances.  Plus, in '01, Edge was hurt and the running game wasn't as good.  In the past two years, Manning has thrown 20 picks.  Brady has thrown 26.  Manning has completed over 67% of his passes.  Brady is at 60%.  And we won't even compare TD's.

I will agree with you completely in one area.  Brady'd footwork is second to no one.

843140[/snapback]

dom rhodes rushed for like 1100 yards on 230 carries in 01? i musta missed someting...not trying to be an ass..but you know better than i...what was the deal?

maybe gunslinger wasnt the word i should have used...and maybe im wrong, not that tom doesnt, but my perception is that peyton likes to take alot of shots downfield...i just wonder how patient he could be in the pats offense

Rhodes was a rook. He fumbled a lot. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't bad, but he was no Edge. The Colts had to change their running style to fit Rhodes. He would start off ok, but when it mattered, the Colts just could not run the ball. And the D was lousy. They played from behind a lot. They gave up 38 and 44 to NE, 34 to NO, 40 to SF, 39 to Balt, 42 to STL, 27 and 41 to MIA, Manning was forcing a lot of throws just to try and stay in the game. And he paid the price with INT's. But now, he's just simply amazing. Do you realize the year he just had came with a career LOW in attempts?

Edited by CaptainHook

Rhodes was a rook.  He fumbled a lot.  Don't get me wrong, he wasn't bad, but he was no Edge.  The Colts had to change their running style to fit Rhodes.  He would start off ok, but when it mattered, the Colts just could not run the ball. And the D was lousy.  They played from behind a lot.  They gave up 38 and 44 to NE, 34 to NO, 40 to SF, 39 to Balt, 42 to STL,  27 and 41 to MIA, Manning was forcing a lot of throws just to try and stay in the game.  And he paid the price with INT's.  But now, he's just simply amazing.  Do you realize the year he just had came with a career LOW in attempts?

843191[/snapback]

yep i did notice that...under 500 attempts...gotta be like 50 less than his career average at least

my man david patten wreckin shop on the carpet!

The Colts defense would be "better" because of BRADY????  :doah:

No need now, you got Rob Morris back :D

The point was that Brady's main objective wouldn't be to score as quickly as possible, thereby he wouldn't be putting the defense back on the field as quickly as the current QB is.

Manning is a "gunslinger" only because his defense, who often gives it up like a $20 hooker, forces him to be one. Since he no longer plays with the great Packer defenses of the mid-90's, Favre has been forced to adopt the same strategy. That's why Brett's been "choking" in the playoffs since the late '90s.

Until either (1) Brady wins a couple playoff games with a terrible defense and doubles as his team's offensive coordinator or (2) Dungy miraculously pieces together a stud defense in Indy, comparing the two is a waste of time.

No need now, you got Rob Morris back  :D

The point was that Brady's main objective wouldn't be to score as quickly as possible, thereby he wouldn't be putting the defense back on the field as quickly as the current QB is.

843462[/snapback]

Agreed. I'm sure the WR's from the Colts would most likely fall down after they get a first down, because master Tom would be telling them "we need to grind out the clock...it's my job to make the defense better". :D ::D

843462[/snapback]

Stop posting. Your stupidity is showing.

The title of this thread reads, ...Is there anyone out there better than Tom Brady? So far , after 165 posts, I have realized that Peyton Mnning fans are BIGGER whiners than Peyton, himself. Why are you guys so sensitive? You guys can bash anyone you want, including Brady, but when anyone criticizes Manning, look out! People are called IDIOTS, MORONS etc......You guys are acting just like Peyton when his back is against the wall..

It all makes sense to me now. You guys bcan't help it. You were born that way! Lets all be adults from now on, that includes you too ,Peyton!

When the Colts are doing well and Manning is throwing 5 TDs every Sunday you don't really hear the Manning fans too much. They are mostly vocal in trying to defend him when the haters make such ridiculous comments bashing him. Look, Peyton and his fans know the deal. Until he wins a Championship he will face the same scrutiny and "he can't win the big one" crap forever. If he does win a Super Bowl, he will immediately be the topic on Sportscenter and every other talk show about being the "Greatest QB ever". Oh, the irony. :oldrolleyes: So, in essence he IS already better than Tom Brady, but needs only 1 Super Bowl title to validate it to the media and hush up the haters....once and for all. The guy puts in the work, and is one of the smartest QBs to ever play (maybe a little too smart for his own good :D ), and he makes no excuses. The dude will get it done. And no, he won't go down as a loser like Dan Marino.

Edited by Hitman

Put Favre on NE

Put Manning on NE

Put McNabb on NE

Heck, put Vick on NE

How about any other freakin QB better than SuperJay Fiedler (God Bless him)

or

Put Brady on another team.

....and we will see that it is NOT Brady - it is the TEAM and the COACHING

Folk fail to realize the NE has mostly backed into playoffs - AND - their D (especially the coaches) whoop ass. It is their D that has gotten them through playoffs. Did Brady make mistakes, no. Nor did another guy - formerlly of Tampa Bay - make mistakes when he too had a great D. Oh yeah, he got a ring as well.

This thread is way too big (despite the fact I just added to it).

Put Favre on NE

Put Manning on NE

Put McNabb on NE

Heck, put Vick on NE

How about any other freakin QB better than SuperJay Fiedler (God Bless him)

or

Put Brady on another team.

....and we will see that it is NOT Brady - it is the TEAM and the COACHING

Folk fail to realize the NE has mostly backed into playoffs - AND - their D (especially the coaches) whoop ass.  It is their D that has gotten them through playoffs.  Did Brady make mistakes, no.  Nor did another guy - formerlly of Tampa Bay - make mistakes when he too had a great D.  Oh yeah, he got a ring as well.

This thread is way too big (despite the fact I just added to it).

846676[/snapback]

NE has mostly backed into the playoffs??..not sure exactly what that means...

put mcnabb on NE...put vick on NE?? haha ohhhhkayyy

even the staunchest brady basher probably wouldnt compare him to brad johnson

NE has mostly backed into the playoffs??..not sure exactly what that means...

put mcnabb on NE...put vick on NE?? haha ohhhhkayyy

even the staunchest brady basher probably wouldnt compare him to brad johnson

846898[/snapback]

um, yeah. As I recall - they did not have the best of records in two of those superbowl seasons. I could be wrong though. I remember the tuck rule and last minute field goals to advance in games. Messy messy seasons with how they got their win totals. I also remember not Brady beating Indy, but the NE D. Yeah, backed in.

As for Brad Johnson, I was thinking Dilfer - good call on that one though.

Is there anyone better than Brad Johnson?

um, yeah.  As I recall - they did not have the best of records in two of those superbowl seasons.  I could be wrong though.  I remember the tuck rule and last minute field goals to advance in games.  Messy messy seasons with how they got their win totals.  I also remember not Brady beating Indy, but the NE D.  Yeah, backed in. 

As for Brad Johnson, I was thinking Dilfer - good call on that one though. 

Is there anyone better than Brad Johnson?

846995[/snapback]

11-5 in 2001..1st round bye...league best 14-2 in 2003...i guess they kinda backed in..

i know you want the patriots to win every game by at least 14 points..but hey lifes tough ya know...maybe youd be impressed then?

i guess tom brady should lose points for managing a game, instead of single handedly beating indy

its not like he hasnt show, that in when the situation calls for it, he can light it up a little bit like he did in superbowl 38, or he did in last years week 1 win over indy

Its not too hard to light it up when the other team's O keeps on giving you the ball.

2001 - what were the other teams records in the AFC east, I wonder. I seem to remember a log jam. Whatever though...

NE has won MORE games with their D then they have their O. They have won more games with the special teams, than their O.

They have won more games with good coaching then they have with athletisism.

I give NE all the credit in the world - but see Brady as no better than a glorified Brad Johnson - thanks for that. A late round draft pick who is good at managing a game and landed on a team with great coaching and a good system.

Is he good, sure. Is he great - maybe. Is their anyone better? Yes, there is. All things even - I think that there is more than a handful of QBs in the league who could have taken NE to the Superbowl.

Edited by Duchess Jack

its not like he hasnt show, that in when the situation calls for it, he can light it up a little bit like he did in superbowl 38, or he did in last years week 1 win over indy

847005[/snapback]

or in getting beat by a pathetic Miami team in front of a Monday night audience ...

hey, ya gotta add both sides of the picture don't ya?