[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Terrell?

I'm short of WRs in a dynasty league that I joined (bought a team) a year late. There's a few in

FA that I can bid on, but I have an offer:

David Terrell and his next year 2nd rounder

for my 3.4 this year

On the draft pick alone, I move up next year and there's only strays left in this offense only draft. Remaining undrafted guys are:

WR Vince Jackson, MBradley, Roscoe Parrish, Thorpe, Murphy

QB JCampbell, Frye

RB CedHouston

K Nugent

I also have the 3.2 that I'm keeping. My RBs are great in a 12 man league with McAllister, Green, Duckett and RBrown that I traded up to get. I have only Pennington and Feeley at QB and Andre Johnson, Bennett and Sammi Parker at WR. So I need WRs and I can find a FA backupQB.

it doesn't sound like you're really giving up anything. i think terrell will have some value this year reuniting with brady and being on the pats. 800 yds, 6 TD's seems reasonable.

btw, you're probably in the wrong forum

Edited by Jackass

Terrell has done nothing to show he is even average. He currently reigns as the biggest wideout bust drafted in recent history. I wouldn't touch him.

terrell will have some value this year reuniting with brady and being on the pats. 800 yds, 6 TD's seems reasonable.

In the "spread it around" scheme of the Pats, 800/6 would have made him the best receiver in NE last year (actually Patten had exactly 800/7). He will be benind Branch and Givens and Troy Brown returns with Bethel Johnson available for spot duty as well. Anything is possible, but for Terrell do suddenly become a #1 wideout for the Pats seems highly unlikely to me. For four years Terrell has been the #1 in CHI (or close to it) and even though they desperately needed him to step up, he never did better than 4 scores or 699 yards in any year. Now he's just receiver depth.

btw, you're probably in the wrong forum

we do agee on some things though :D

Yeah, sorry, I meant this to be just on Terrell. Is he a bum or will he contribute. Then I rambled about my FF team, which had little bearing. I agree it won't cost me much to get him. But I only have 20 roster spots. He is the league minimum as well.

Your response are exactly what is bouncing in my head. He will have some value and he costs nothing for me to get him, but he is a bum.

I'm kinda wondering if in NE, they can turn him around.

Terrell's a bum and he'll show that to the Patsies coaching staff in training camp. I went to one day of camp last year and saw him take several Grossman passes off the facemask. He'll be lucky to be the #4 WR on that team IMO....he's lazy in route running and has no seperation skills.

it doesn't sound like you're really giving up anything.  i think terrell will have some value this year reuniting with brady and being on the pats.  800 yds, 6 TD's seems reasonable.

833102[/snapback]

Those numbers are overly-optimistic, IMO. Considering that he'll be used in the slot and that it's David Terrell we're talking about, I think that 500 yds and 3 TDs is more realistic.

Those numbers are overly-optimistic, IMO.  Considering that he'll be used in the slot and that it's David Terrell we're talking about, I think that 500 yds and 3 TDs is more realistic.

833139[/snapback]

I think even that is optimistic. The man has no work ethic and is only there to pick up his wages, for as long as a team will tolerate him.

It would not surprise me to see NE cut him.

I may be biased as a Terrell owner, but I think he has a good chance to put up some decent numbers. While at UM, he and Brady had a great rapport. Sure, the Pats "spread it around", but Terrell certainly could grab 800 yards' worth of passes... maybe a 100-yard game or 2 in there. 8 TDs sounds doable. Definitely a fine backup WR.

I may be biased as a Terrell owner, but I think he has a good chance to put up some decent numbers.  While at UM, he and Brady had a great rapport.  Sure, the Pats "spread it around", but Terrell certainly could grab 800 yards' worth of passes... maybe a 100-yard game or 2 in there.  8 TDs sounds doable.  Definitely a fine backup WR.

833377[/snapback]

I dont see Terrell putting up 800 + 8td's this year. As stated before there are just too many WR's in NE for him to put up those kind of numbers. I understand what you are saying about college ball with Brady but a lot of things can change since college. One thing about college ball was that Terrell didnt have to work very hard to stand out there. Now he needs to work hard and just doesnt.

Then again if any coach could get the most out of Terrell it just may be Belichick. I just see him as too much of a risk to draft him.

It appears to me that this comes down to giving up a draft slot(3.4) for a better draft slot(2) with Terrell as a throw in. The fact that you have another 3rd makes it a whole lot easier to give the other one up. If you don't see getting anything of value out of 3.4 and waiting for that 2nd rd pick next year sits well with you then I say do it.

As for the WRs you mentioned above:

Bradley is big and very fast and he was an early 2nd round pick. Maybe a return man as well, if that matters.

Parrish is also very fast, elusive and he was Buffalo's 1st pick(2.23). Also a possible return man, again if that matters

As for everyone else involved, including Terrell and the above mentioned two, I believe they are all tentatively listed 4th on the depth chart.

Just some info for you. Do with it what you please.

Edit to add: Couple of things on Terrell. He has had the opportunity to be a #1 and done little with it. He has not been in an offensive/overall team situation as good as the one in NE.

Edited by BS Miscreant

I think even that is optimistic.  The man has no work ethic and is only there to pick up his wages, for as long as a team will tolerate him.

It would not surprise me to see NE cut him.

833362[/snapback]

It wouldn't surprise me. Since Belichick's NFL-talent-evaluation skills are far superior to mine, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But I just don't understand why the hell he'd even bother with Terrell, especially after the Terry Glenn debacle. At least Glenn was a decent receiver back then. What does Terrell bring to the table that makes him worth the hassle?

I dont see Terrell putting up 800 + 8td's this year.  As stated before there are just too many WR's in NE for him to put up those kind of numbers.  I understand what you are saying about college ball with Brady but a lot of things can change since college.  One thing about college ball was that Terrell didnt have to work very hard to stand out there.  Now he needs to work hard and just doesnt. 

Then again if any coach could get the most out of Terrell it just may be Belichick.  I just see him as too much of a risk to draft him.

833423[/snapback]

Too many WRs? Troy Brown?

Patten's gone, so let's say Terrell replaces Patten's numbers.

We'll see what happens. He could certainly flop; but worth a flyer in later rounds as a backup WR? Certainly, in my opinion.

Terrell and Branch are the starters by week 4... Mark it down. Givens is a slot or no.3 guy, Bethel Johnson is a spot guy, and Brown is around for leadership and mentorship, not so much an on field contributor.

David Terrell was put into a horrid situation in Chicago with terrible qb's and offensive cordinators... He still has way more potential than anyone on the pats right now, I think he ends up with 850- 8 td's

Too many WRs?  Troy Brown? 

Patten's gone, so let's say Terrell replaces Patten's numbers. 

We'll see what happens.  He could certainly flop; but worth a flyer in later rounds as a backup WR?  Certainly, in my opinion.

833939[/snapback]

I guess I could see him being worth a pick in the later rounds. Keep him on the bench for awhile and if he happens to go off you either plug him into the line up or use him as trade bait to a team that has WR issues. As a late round flyer I agree with you. It just may pay off there.

Edited by max