[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons /Spurs Sigline bet

whomper

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me Darin.

847233[/snapback]

Congrats, you just jinxed it.

Or not.

Good night now.

Heck, that shot was nearly the same place where Rip hit the game-winner vs. Washington in the NCAA tourney...

Edited by darin3

Trust me Darin.

847233[/snapback]

it is amazing how much he post pads.

what was happening with Duncan at the end. from the clip i saw he acted like he won the game. people were high fiving him and what not, he didnt score a basktet in the last 10 minutes of the game. and he looked like he was going to cry on the bench before horry made his three. duncan needs to get his head checked.

Not that one shot decides the game, but HTH do you leave Horry alone in that situation?

847251[/snapback]

actually some discussion about this in the tailgate... i've played, reffed and coached basketball for almost 25 years... it sounds silly but it's almost second-nature to double-team the ball in the corner, regardless of the situation... great play call by popovich, in my opinion... he knew that horry's man would come off to double in the corner.... and if he DIDN'T, ginobli would most likely have a nice lane to drive to the hoop...

Not that one shot decides the game, but HTH do you leave Horry alone in that situation?

847251[/snapback]

When a team is up by two and the opposing team has the ball at the end of the game, the NUMBER ONE rule in basketball is guard the perimeter. You do not give up uncontested three point shots at that time of the game. Rasheed Wallace's decision to leave Horry and double Ginobli was catastrophic for the Pistons. Worst case scenario if you defend well against the three is that they get an easy two. Great, at least there is double-overtime. Cardinal sin was committed and the odds of winning the last two on the road are remote.

:D:D

and if he DIDN'T, ginobli would most likely have a nice lane to drive to the hoop...

847266[/snapback]

Darin, I was typing my post before you finished this. As I said previously, worst case scenario if Ginobli drives to the hoop is double overtime. Cannot leave anyone open for a three attempt (especially the guy who has hit 4 out of 5 prior to that attempt). Man was that heartbreaking.

Darin, I was typing my post before you finished this.  As I said previously, worst case scenario if Ginobli drives to the hoop is double overtime.  Cannot leave anyone open for a three attempt (especially the guy who has hit 4 out of 5 prior to that attempt).  Man was that heartbreaking.

847270[/snapback]

Oh I totally agree with you. Larry Brown obviously didn't say "no threes" or "don't leave anyone on the perimeter". I'm tellin' ya, basic basketball defensive strategy got the best of Wallace. He saw what appeared to be a flustered Ginobli in the corner and thought a double-team would seal their victory.

Deroit was down 3-2 to miami. Came back and won two staight.

Being on the road might make it a tad difficult but

THE PISTONS WILL GET IT DONE

847272[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:yay::D:yay::D:fool::D:tup::D

Sorry, but beating a beat-up Heat team on your court and then taking one on their court is a bit different than the Spurs up 3-2 is a LITTLE bit different.

Nice that you still believe in your team though! :D

Edited by darin3

:D:D:D:D:yay::D:yay::D:fool::D:tup::D

Sorry, but beating a beat-up Heat team on your court and then taking one on their court is a bit different than the Spurs up 3-2 is a LITTLE bit different. 

Nice that you still believe in your team though!  :D

847274[/snapback]

He believes Bush is a good president too. :yay:

Yeah, game 6 with Dwayne Wade being out made it a lot easier.

:D Horrible defensive set, no matter what Coach Darin says.  :D

847277[/snapback]

Good grief, I didn't say it was a good defensive set. :D I'm merely saying that it's second nature to go double in the corner... almost assured of a turnover or steal or at very least a risky pass that gets the offense out of their rhythm. :D