[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you want Vick or Brady?

broncosn05

if anyone out there knows, can someone tell me how long it is suppose to take to learn the wc offense?

838825[/snapback]

Steve Young is on record as saying it took him 3 years before he got the WCO down pat. It was only at that point of the WCO learning curve, that he felt he was completely comfortable within the system.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has no receivers?Peerless Price seemed to be pretty good...when he had a QB that could deliver him the ball.

838960[/snapback]

Actually that's only half the story.

The time when Price really looked good, was when his role was that of the teams #2 WR. Having Eric Moulds lined up opposite him and drawing the opposing teams best CB, or double teams, certainly made his life easier.

Brian Finneran & Dez White while passable WR's, simply are not in Eric Moulds league. Nor are they game planned for by opposing D's, like Moulds is.

No doubt Vick's inaccuracy is partly to blame but, to date, Price has failed miserably in his role as a #1 WR. Without a credible complimentary WR, ala Eric Moulds, in the lineup, Price struggles and it's that simple.

I honestly do not think Price has the ability (or ever will have the ability) to be the Falcons go to WR, accurate or inaccurate QB notwithstanding.

Oh!

And as far as which QB would I rather have?

Hmmmmm......do I want the good 'ol trusty Ford or the shiny new Ferrari :D

I'll take the Ferrari.

That would be Vick, for those of you who can't figure out the analogy :D

So ol' Dan of the Dolphins ain't a winner, eh?

839647[/snapback]

Ha ha good one.

And you can add Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Peyton Manning, etc etc etc.........

As an NFL Head Coach, I'd probably take Brady.  Less risk all around.  I think Vick will either end up seriously injured, or they will coach him out of his effectiveness.  Either way, I don't like the way his future could shape up compared to the consistent play of Brady. 

838336[/snapback]

:D

Oh!

And as far as which QB would I rather have?

Hmmmmm......do I want the good 'ol trusty Ford or the shiny new Ferrari :D

I'll take the Ferrari.

That would be Vick, for those of you who can't figure out the analogy :D

838981[/snapback]

Ford sucks...Brady is a Chevy at worst.

And if the Ferrari had no brakes, would you still take it??

People who say they don't want Vick are not  looking at his ability to lead a team.  You can talk about his passing deficiencies or his athletic ability but the bottom line is winning.  This is about if you are a winner or not.

In his 2 full seasons as the Falcons starting QB (2002 and 2004) the Falcons are 20-11-1.  Both times they made the playoff's.  After the Falcons Super Bowl year in 98 until 2002 their record was 16-32.  The year that Vick was hurt the Falcons went 5-11 with 3 of those wins coming when Vick came back at the end of the year.  The next year the Falcons are 11-5. 

Must be coincidence.

The quote above could be the craziest argument I have seen in a long time. Vick is good because of his leadership qualities, because they made the playoffs in a weak NFC! Please....

There is no better leader on the planet than Tom Brady. According to Patriots.com "Brady is 57-14 as a starter... It is the best record of any NFL quarterback in the Super Bowl Era (since 1966) with at least 40 starts... Brady is the only quarterback in NFL history to start and win three Super Bowls before his 28th birthday, having quarterbacked the Patriots to victories in Super Bowl XXXVI when he was 24 years old, Super Bowl XXXVIII (26) and Super Bowl XXXIX (27).

Brady is the fourth quarterback in NFL history to lead his team to three or more Super Bowl wins, joining Terry Bradshaw (4), Joe Montana (4) and Troy Aikman (3).

Brady owns two Pete Rozelle Awards as Super Bowl MVP (XXXVI and XXXVIII). He is just the fourth player in Super Bowl history to earn multiple MVP awards, joining Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr, all three of whom are enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Brady enters 2005 with a 19-2 record in games where the final margin was less than a touchdown, including a 5-0 playoff record and a 3-0 Super Bowl record in such games.

Brady enters 2005 as the NFL’s all-time leader in overtime wins without a defeat, recording a perfect 7-0 mark in overtime in his career. Terry Bradshaw is the only other quarterback to be undefeated in at least five overtime games, posting a 5-0 record."

So you can't even begin to compare Vick's accomplishment of making the playoffs twice to Brady's record.

Brady enters the 2005 season having started 62 consecutive games for the Patriots, good for the fifth-longest streak among active NFL quarterbacks (trailing Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Trent Green and Aaron Brooks).

Brady's style will allow him to stay on the field. Vick's all out style will cost him in the long run.

According to your stats, Vick will have to go 37-3 to catch up. Not to mention 3 superbowls with 2 last minute drives to win the game.

I can possibly see making the argument that Vick is a better athlete, but I can't even come close to admitting he is a better leader or player.

Vick is exciting to watch but he is not even in the same league as Brady at this point.

Of course, I am a homer and I could be biased. :D

There is no better leader on the planet than Tom Brady.  According to Patriots.com "Brady is 57-14 as a starter...

843268[/snapback]

And Krenzel won an NCAA championship ... and if Clarett wouldn't have been such a yokel, then he probably would have won two. Championships in football are won by TEAMS not individuals.

Brady is a good leader, he is a good QB, is he the best in the NFL? Absolutely not. Would he be better to build a team around in the NFL? That depends on a whole lot of variables such as coaches, owner, other players, the teams strategy, etc, etc, etc ...

If Tom had a team that had to put up 40 points a game to win I doubt he would be able to do it all the time.

As much as I do not like Brady if the team I was trying to build was going to be a good defensive team then I would probably take him. But if I didn't have an outstanding D, I would want Vick because he has more potential to make things happen on the field.

Vick's super bowl appearances=0

Brady's super bowl victories=3

843865[/snapback]

And they have both been to the Pro Bowl once ... what is your point?

Do all you Brady advocates really think he could take any team in the NFL and make them Super Bowl contenders? That is just plain rediculous.

Trade him to the 49ers and they still won't win 5 games.