[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Tweaked LB Cheatsheet Rankings

Constantly being tweaked, this is my current LB ranking for 2005.

1. Bullock TEN

2. Lewis BAL

3. Edwards SDC

4. Urlacher CHI

5. Vilma NYJ

6. Barnett GBP

7. Peterson JAC

8. Pierce NYG

9. Thomas MIA

10. Morgan CAR

11. Hartwell ATL

12. Fletcher BUF

13. Brooks TBB

14. Farrior PIT

15. Brooking ATL

16. Spikes BUF

17. Davis CLE

18. Sharper SEA

19. Arrington WAS

20. Cowart MIN

21. Greenwood HOU

22. Witherspoon CAR

23. Clark OAK

24. Watson N.O.

25. Trotter PHI

26. Thurman CIN

27. Washington WAS

28. Quarles TBB

29. Wilson DEN

30. Holmes DET

31. Nguyen DAL

32. Briggs CHI

33. Barton NYJ

34. Kassel TEN

35. Williams DEN

36. Bell KCC

37. Ulbrich SFO

38. Simmons CIN

39. Foley SDC

40. Wong HOU

41. Claiborne STL

42. Coakley STL

43. Peterson SFO

44. Thurman CIN

45. Godfrey SDC

46. Johnson KCC

47. Hayes ARI

48. Polley BAL

49. Foreman OAK

50. Gold DEN

I'm still tweaking things, and have stayed away from the Indy LB's as well as NE, along with several others, until more fall out from camp news happens. Fire away, if you like!

Wow...not exactly a conventional list. Here are some of the things things that jumped out at me:

1. Urlacher #4? I have to believe that, with the emergence of Briggs, neither of them will be top 5. They'll both be good, but not great.

2. Spikes at #17?? That's a bit confusing. He didn't even have his best year in 2004 and still finished 8th in our scoring. :D

3. Sure, Derrick Brooks is getting older, but he's played every game in his career. I find it hard to believe he'll drop from #3 to #13 in our scoring.

4. Your homerism with Vilma is obvious. :D Even if you project his 2004 starts over a 16-game season, he would barely crack the top 10. Top 5 is a very bold prediction.

5. In general...do you really believe C. Watson, J. Sharper (@ SLB), S. Cowart, & O. Thurman will outscore A. Wilson, L. Briggs, and E. Barton? Are those guys PLUS B. Kassell E. Holmes going to outscore K. Bell, B. Simmons, K. Wong (ILB now), & C. Claiborne (MLB now)? Very fishy.

P.S. I just noticed Thurman is listed twice. I'd say the lower one is more accurate :D.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

I think if Urlacher stays healthy, he's a top 5. IF he stays healthy, I think it will hurt Brigg's numbers.

Spikes got a lot of his points on big plays. He had 5 INT's last year, and returned 2 of those for TD's. I don't think he can duplicate that again, which drops him down.

Brooks is down because I think TB can keep the D off the field more this year. And yes, he is 32 this year. That is a drop of about 30 FF points. Not all that much.

Vilma only started 14 games last year as a rookie. He will build on last year, and continue to improve. I have him down with about a 50 point improvement over last year's 14 game start point total. So, that is really about a 35 point FF point increase over last year.

Cowart just might surprise this year. Thurman will be Cincy's starting MLB it appears. He could have a big year. Sharper is still Sharper, and I think he will be Seattle's playmaker at SLB. Bell has to show me he can stay healthy. He's already pulled that groin that kept him out of 13 games last year. Wilson was supposed to be where the first Thurman listing was, and is probably too low at 26. I still don't trust the LB situation in Houston. While Peek turned in some big plays last year, he also blew some assignments. The fact that Houston went after Boulware tells me they arent sold yet on Peek at the OLB spot. I still think there is an outside chance they move Wong back outside and go with Moreno or Evans on the inside. If Wong stays on the indise, I will move him up.

I don't trust the depth charts on the Rams yet. If Claiborne stays in the middle and Pisa remains a back up, I'll adjust for that. Right now, I'm not sure what to do with Simmons. Lewis says that Thurman and Pollack will start. I'd like to see what happens in Cincy. So, there is plenty of tweaking left to be done. Now, I have to figure out what happened with the double Thurman listing..... I obviously screwed that up. I'm surprised you didn't think Trotter was too low. I'm not a Trotter fan this year. Thanks for the feedback. That's why I posted this in the first place. :D