[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 Team Performance Re-draft Mock

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here until 7 PM ET...

841505[/snapback]

I've got to get out of here between 5:00 and 5:30 so whatever you all want to do is fine. I probably won't be able to visit the site until late tonight, if at all.

OK, just spoke to ANTSports. I can't turn the timer off. Oops. He said he'll try and do it right now, but if not, the stoooopid phucking thing is gonna run all night. :D

841513[/snapback]

:D There goes mah champeenship.

I've got to get out of here between 5:00 and 5:30 so whatever you all want to do is fine. I probably won't be able to visit the site until late tonight, if at all.

841512[/snapback]

I'm with Apathy on the checking in late...got a DH that starts late, but would be around until 6:30 Central.

Had this been a real draft, I would've been upset that Thomas Jones went right before my pick. 

I think Branch is great as a #4 receiver - SB is showing things to come.

841503[/snapback]

Brach is a good #4, but I prefer Rod Smith 2 picks later, especially the way Brady spreads the ball around.

Brach is a good #4, but I prefer Rod Smith 2 picks later, especially the way Brady spreads the ball around.

841524[/snapback]

True, but I think the SB is a sign of things to come. Assuming Branch is healthy, he's Tom's clear-cut #1. Plus, Smith is 35 and is going to decline eventually...

Nobody said you wouldn't be able to get a WR, we said you'd end up with crap like say Chambers and Galloway.

:D

841526[/snapback]

And McCardell. It's the overrated and/or overaged WR crew. :D

That and 5 RB's. :D

True, but I think the SB is a sign of things to come.  Assuming Branch is healthy, he's Tom's clear-cut #1.  Plus, Smith is 35 and is going to decline eventually...

841533[/snapback]

Probably right, but in a redraft, he is about as good of a #4 as you will get, IMO.

Tell you what I'll do, Club and Hugh.

I'll make a sigline bet with either or both of you. I'll bet that at least 2 of those Wrs (Galloway, Chambers, and McCardell) end up in the top 30 WR fantasy points at the end of the year.

Whaddya say?

Tell you what I'll do, Club and Hugh. 

I'll make a sigline bet with either or both of you.  I'll bet that at least 2 of those Wrs (Galloway, Chambers, and McCardell) end up in the top 30 WR fantasy points at the end of the year. 

Whaddya say?

841563[/snapback]

Allow me to start by saying that we are just having some fun here, at least I am, and I know Club pretty well and would venture to say the same for him.

As for the argument, allow me to say this: You're really not going out on any limbs here. In theory, with 12 teams, you're first 2 WR's should be top 25. Also, depending on league scoring of course, Chambers was late 20's last year, Galloway would have been in the mid 20's had heplayed the entire year. So to say they are top 30 is not a reach. To say they are solid #1 and #2 WR's in a 12 team league is laughable.

JMHO.

I 100% agree with you, Hugh.

And that is why I never stated that any of these Wrs were #1s or 2s in a 12-team league. I stated that they were the #1 Wr for each of their respective teams.

There are really only 2-4 (depending on how you look at it) #1 top-tier Wrs in the NFL so with that being the case, only 2-4 fantasy teams would own one of those.

My point was that I was able to get the Chargers, Bucs, and Dolphins #1 WR options, although I probably overstated with Galloway, (due to Clayton). I am very happy to have any teams #1 option in their passing attack if I can draft him in the 6th round, let alone the 7th and 8th as well, especially after I've drafted 5 starting RBs.

And I too share a sense of humor. I didn't mean to come off as retaliatory or pissed, it was simply a funny sig bet and I hope you both take it that way.

Edited by The Hitter

I 100% agree with you, Hugh. 

And that is why I never stated that any of these Wrs were #1s or 2s in a 12-team league.  I stated that they were the #1 Wr for each of their respective teams. 

There are really only 2-4 (depending on how you look at it) #1 top-tier Wrs in the NFL so with that being the case, only 2-4 fantasy teams would own one of those. 

My point was that I was able to get the Chargers, Bucs, and Dolphins #1 WR options, although I probably overstated with Galloway, (due to Clayton).  I am very happy to have any teams #1 option in their passing attack if I can draft him in the 6th round, let alone the 7th and 8th as well.

And I too share a sense of humor.  I didn't mean to come off as retaliatory or pissed, it was simply a funny sig bet and I hope you both take it that way.

841605[/snapback]

Totally cool, and I certainly took it like it was meant, all in good spirit. :D

The funny thing about a mock draft and the resulting commentary is that you just never know what will happen, and generally you think your own strategy is good and you have a great team, and when someone calls you out, how do you defend it? :D Many a real fantasy league has been formed from what was supposed to be merely a mock draft. :D

Good stuff hitter, and I appreciate the bet offer, but I'm smarter than that. You probably could have gotten Club to bite though. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne