[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone interested in a new IDP Dynasty league?

A few of us are wanting to start up a new 16 team dynasty league and I'm trying to see how many people would be interested. While Los Gigantes was trying to get an auction league together, several people expressed "hypothetical" interest, if it were a draft format. So this would not to take people away from the auction league, but for those who the preferred draft format.

If we can get this league together, I'd like to start the draft in about a week. However, I'd be willing to make the draft later in the summer if enough people need to wait. The rules would be almost identical to DW2 Rules; only changes would be a slight increase in roster size (45 players) and a tweaking of the defensive scoring (INT = 4). Dues would be the same: $50.

Please respond in this thread if you're interested in joining, or PM me for more info.

Edited by Ziachild007

Dynasty Warz II (DW2) Rules

Just so you know, most of the rules will be the same/similar to the DW2 set, BUT we're currently trying to iron out some details to make it a more intricate salary cap system. It won't be anything to scare you off; it will definitely make things more interesting.

Any more interested parties?

Dynasty Warz II (DW2) Rules

Just so you know, most of the rules will be the same/similar to the DW2 set, BUT we're currently trying to iron out some details to make it a more intricate salary cap system. It won't be anything to scare you off; it will definitely make things more interesting.

Any more interested parties?

849961[/snapback]

Swiss, you already know I'm game for it and anxious to get everything sort of solidified (hopefully next week). A buddy of mine expressed some interest in doing a salary cap dynasty league. He is not a Huddle member but he filled in for me during the ConFusion auction and he agreed to join and be an active participant if we need people.

Last I checked the following Huddlers were interested in the league:

Swiss Cheezhead - IN - PREFER DRAFT

Ziachild007 - IN - PREFER DRAFT

Apathy - IN - PREFER AUCTION

Perchoutofwater - IN FOR DRAFT ONLY

Crushers - IN - PREFER DRAFT

Rovers - OUT

Creaper - IN - PREFER DRAFT

Beaumont - IN - PREFER DRAFT

Deebo - IN - FOR DRAFT ONLY

Fatman - POSSIBLE - PREFER DRAFT

Los Gigantes - IN - PREFER AUCTION

DKF - IN FOR DRAFT ONLY

pokerboss - POSSIBLE - PREFER AUCTION

Darin3 - OUT

Piranha - Says he is OUT, but we all know better.

Sgt. Ryan - IN - PREFER DRAFT

I know Apathy (1) and Swiss (2) both also had a few guys they knew who would be interested.

What I am trying to figure out now is are all of these people still interested and is there any new interest.

A few of us are still trying to figure out if a draft or auction is the best format, and I know we will probably lose some and gain some others, depending on which way we go. Just for the record, please indicate if you are still interested and if you prefer draft or auction.

Edited by Ziachild007

I'm afraid I will have to bow out on this one Z.

As good as it sounds, I just seem to have my plate full this year,

and my wallet empty due to all the fees I'm paying :D

But thanks - and good luck!

A few of us are still trying to figure out if a draft or auction is the best format, and I know we will probably lose some and gain some others, depending on which way we go.  Just for the record, please indicate if you are still interested and if you prefer draft or auction.

852864[/snapback]

I know you will lose me if it is an auction. As much as I liked the auction in ConFusion, I just don't have time for another long drawn out auction.

DKF and I are in, but strongly prefer auction.

If the concern on auction is time, why not a fast auction?

We could do it on fantasy auctioneer and break it up into 2 or 3 sessions.  That could work real well.

852938[/snapback]

I do like the fact that the auction set the players contract and everyone has an equal opportunity to get a player, but my main concern is time. But I also am unfamiliar with the auction process, but I could overcome that part of it if thats what the majority wanted to do.

DKF and I are in, but strongly prefer auction.

If the concern on auction is time, why not a fast auction?

We could do it on fantasy auctioneer and break it up into 2 or 3 sessions.  That could work real well.

852938[/snapback]

L.G.,

I know you are busy the next few days but when you get a chance, can you explain what would be involved in doing a fast auction? Are we talking a couple of weekdays or weekends? You know my auction experience is nominal and I suspect it is for some of these other people. If the biggest concern is time and a fast auction doesn't require me to sit in front of a computer for 12 hours straight, that might be feasible.

May be we can convince Perch that an auction would work. :D

And as for Piranha, you're not getting off the hook that easily. :D

May be we can convince Perch that an auction would work. :D 

And as for Piranha, you're not getting off the hook that easily. :D

853063[/snapback]

Funny you say that... notice I'm still listening :D

Driving during vacation has left me plenty of time for thinking.

Here are my thoughts. Auction out. Draft in. Here are some of those reasons.

Weaker teams have to be able to rebuild. This means the 1.1 pick etc. Although being able to dominate based on skill is a great feeling, the needs of a good league dicate this. This also means that within a salary league, slots will have to have preset salaries assigned.

Which means that it also makes sense to have the vet stocking draft picks slotted as well, rather than an auction.

Salaries and contracts need to interwine. This is accomplished by having signing bonuses count as dead money for unhonored contract years. Salary caps without dead money is like taking a shower with a raincoat on. :D

Although cash is not needed in a salary cap league, it should be present. My experiences have shown it to be beneficial to a league. Being able to trade a player for a couple of bucks helps facilitate trades. And we all know that trading is what makes for exceptional leagues. My idea is to contain the cash aspect to the RFA period. Have the cash decide the transactions and have the salaries for the forthcoming years based on their slotted performance in the previous year.

I thoughts for all these slotted numbers, but didn't want to boor people with details until the concept is hashed out.

Well, I was already leaning toward a draft and DKF just touched on a few new reasons why it's probably a better idea. :D

In the next few days, Zia and I will settle on the salary cap rules and see how they fly with the "group" here. DKF -- thanks for sending Zia the rules to that other league of yours. They will at least serve as a starting point. I think we'll probably end up doing a slotted salary system, but we just have to nail down the accompanying details.

Stand by for more information, everybody. :D

I can't see how you can do a draft with a salary cap... it just doesn't makse sense to me. The whole slotting of a vet draft seems extremely arbitrary.

The whole point of an auction is getting the players you want and not being limited by draft position.

In an auction salary cap league, you still do a rookie draft in future years... bad teams still get to rebuild...

I can't see how you can do a draft with a salary cap... it just doesn't makse sense to me.  The whole slotting of a vet draft seems extremely arbitrary.

The whole point of an auction is getting the players you want and not being limited by draft position.

In an auction salary cap league, you still do a rookie draft in future years... bad teams still get to rebuild...

856530[/snapback]

Let's not forget that there are also drawbacks to the auction format. For instance, I believe a few players in the Confusion draft ended up accounting for 20% of their team's salary cap. That's just not realistic.

Slotting the vet draft isn't any more arbitrary than slotting the rookie draft, IMO.

Let's not forget that there are also drawbacks to the auction format. For instance, I believe a few players in the Confusion draft ended up accounting for 20% of their team's salary cap. That's just not realistic.

Slotting the vet draft isn't any more arbitrary than slotting the rookie draft, IMO.

857805[/snapback]

what's wrong with that? Those players will account for more than 20% of the scoring differential in VBD terms...

What's unfair is that in a draft only a few owners have a chance at those key difference makers.

I'm already in plenty of draft leagues. If the majority wants to do draft that's fine, but I think I'd be out.

Needless to say there are pros and cons to every system. :D

While I love auctions because of my confidence in my ability to create a dominating team.

I more strongly believe in crafting a good league. And in a dynasty league, auction rookie drafts make the good teams better and the weaker teams weaker, it is my belief that this would create more turnover than desired in a league.

So I will just have to handcuff and muzzle my supiorority for the good of the league. :D

Needless to say there are pros and cons to every system. :D

While I love auctions because of my confidence in my ability to create a dominating team.

I more strongly believe in crafting a good league. And in a dynasty league, auction rookie drafts make the good teams better and the weaker teams weaker, it is my belief that this would create more turnover than desired in a league.

So I will just have to handcuff and muzzle my supiorority for the good of the league.  :D

857883[/snapback]

an auction league doesn't need to do away with the rookie draft...

its just the initial allocations and the fa's that are auctions.

an auction league doesn't need to do away with the rookie draft...

its just the initial allocations and the fa's that are auctions.

857914[/snapback]

I agree with that. Avidly on the FA. That is where you can really manage your roster.

But please realize that the core of the problem is that you want an auction dynasty league, but are too overextended to put in the time to make it work. So the only thing you can do is work with these guys who have the time and try to massage what they come up with.

Edited by DKF

I agree with that. Avidly on the FA. That is where you can really manage your roster.

But please realize that the core of the problem is that you want an auction dynasty league, but are too overextended to put in the time to make it work. So the only thing you can do is work with these guys who have the time and try to massage what they come up with.

858003[/snapback]

I will have draft rules for an auction league in this thread within the next 48 hours. :P

The auction would be a fast auction broken up into three days on fantasy auctioneer.