[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iran War Under Way

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should know that as we have "an excellent idea" where bin Laden is.  :D

848931[/snapback]

"We are making very good progress on it. But when you go to the very difficult question of dealing with sanctuaries in sovereign states, you're dealing with a problem of our sense of international obligation, fair play.

"We have to find a way to work in a conventional world in unconventional ways that are acceptable to the international community.

Oh, so NOW we respect the international community? :doah:

The cynic in me believes that war with Iran (and really the rest of the Muslim Middle East) is all but inevitable. Short of compromising our freedom and security, I hold out hope that it will be avoided, but too many people on both sides of the equation want the others to be dead regardless of the consequences.

This is where I think Christians have a huge burden... not to force our beliefs upon our enemies, but to simply pray for them and truly love them (regardless of their hatred for us) because simply by virtue of being humans, their lives reflect the glory of God. The Christian calling is so amazingly hard (to really and actually love your enemies) but if practiced by enough people, it could finaly bring peace on Earth.

That doesn't mean loving one's enemy requires a submissive pacifism... but it does require a measure of empathy and good will before taking the final extreme action of taking their lives (and risking our own).

Does your opinion change if we find that osama is in Iran?

848913[/snapback]

Depends on who is telling us he's there. If it is the Coward-in-Chief, we'll he's already lied to us once for purposes of going to war so I wouldn't believe him.

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice and something.

The cynic in me believes that war with Iran (and really the rest of the Muslim Middle East) is all but inevitable.  Short of compromising our freedom and security, I hold out hope that it will be avoided, but too many people on both sides of the equation want the others to be dead regardless of the consequences.

This is where I think Christians have a huge burden... not to force our beliefs upon our enemies, but to simply pray for them and truly love them (regardless of their hatred for us) because simply by virtue of being humans, their lives reflect the glory of God.  The Christian calling is so amazingly hard (to really and actually love your enemies) but if practiced by enough people, it could finaly bring peace on Earth.

That doesn't mean loving one's enemy requires a submissive pacifism... but it does require a measure of empathy and good will before taking the final extreme action of taking their lives (and risking our own).

848955[/snapback]

Nah. :D CHRISTIAN JIHAD!!!!!

Depends on who is telling us he's there.  If it is the Coward-in-Chief, we'll he's already lied to us once for purposes of going to war so I wouldn't believe him.

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice and something.

848959[/snapback]

What he said.

And it's : Fool me once shame one me, fool me twice...won't get fooled again!

Al Jazzera weather forecast:

France: Hi 72/Low 56. Five-day forecast: Continued seasonable.

Germany: Hi 65/Low 53. Five-day forecast: A gentle shower is predicted on Saturday to sprinkle the crops.

USA: Hi 1,000,000/Low 1,000,000. Five-day forecast: The infidels continue to burn in Hell!

You have a commrad named foreskins you may want to talk too.  I was just curious how the indictment against a pedophile was coming.

849202[/snapback]

To be honest I knew nothing about Scott Ritter's past or these charges. If true, he's scum. Not sure that makes his article a complete fabrication though. I just threw it out there as food for thought.

Yeah, that's insane. Afterall we never armed Saddam and we never employed Bin Laden. Our government is squeeky clean.  :D

848800[/snapback]

Nice shot here. Wouldn't be fair to mention that side if we don't mention the fact that numerous other countries including the ones that didn't support the Iraq war supported Saddam and Iranian leaders at the same time. Also important to note that Bin Laden was supported by the US during the cold war when the Commies invaded Afganistan. Different spin then vs. now isn't it.

To be honest I knew nothing about Scott Ritter's past or these charges. If true, he's scum. Not sure that makes his article a complete fabrication though.

Maybe cuase we shouldn't form our opinions on what crazy chomo's think? Why don't you form an opinion based on what Mccain or lieberman think?

Scott Ritter was arrested in 2001 for trying to lure a teenage girl he had met on the Internet. It was a misdemeanor charge.

http://www.nydailynews.com/01-19-2003/news...50p-49424c.html

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0301/22/asb.00.html

grunge thinks fox is a propaganda wing of the republican party.  but he posts conspiracy articles by kiddie-pervs written for al jazeera.  :D

methinks his bearings are a little off :D

849326[/snapback]

You are just now figuring that out. He was a fairly normal guy, pretty good neighbor, kind of kept to himself, didn't bother anyone, until about a week a go when he went on that killing spree, and started eating his victims. I'll just never understand it.

Maybe cuase we shouldn't form our opinions on what crazy chomo's think?  Why don't you form an opinion based on what Mccain or lieberman think?

http://www.nydailynews.com/01-19-2003/news...50p-49424c.html

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0301/22/asb.00.html

849315[/snapback]

Thanks for the links. I briefly scanned the interview with Aaron Brown. The guy appears to be guilty.

i would imagine al jazeera hired him to bash the united states

You are correct, he has often received money for those who would wish us harm to promote their cuase at the expense of the USA.

Iraq's intelligence services bought gold jewellery that they planned to give to the wife and daughter of Scott Ritter, the controversial former weapons inspector, as part of a clandestine project to encourage him to work closely with Saddam Hussein's regime, according to documents discovered by The Telegraph in Baghdad.

edit~ doh!

The papers referring to the so-called "Scott Ritter Project" were found in a file marked "Hosting in hotels 1997-2000", which held details of Iraqi intelligence guests who had travelled to Baghdad. The records were in the same folder as reports of a visit to Baghdad in 1998 by an envoy of Osama bin Laden, which were disclosed in The Telegraph last week.
Edited by H8tank

RITTER: Well, Aaron, lord only knows what people are already saying. And, frankly speaking, I have no control over that.

But, again, with all due respect, Aaron -- and I totally understand your question and where you're coming from -- but the bottom line is, the rule of law must apply here and we must never lose sight of that. I think you hit on something. I was a credible voice. I am a credible voice. And I will be a credible voice in regards to issues pertaining to Iraq.

And, obviously, what you're not mentioning here is the timing of all of this. Why did this come up now?

RITTER: Well, I have no way of knowing why this happened. But the effect is obvious. I was supposed to be on an airplane yesterday flying to Baghdad on a personal initiative that could have had great ramifications in regards to issues of war and peace.

I wish people would keep the eye on the ball here. It's about war and peace. It's about the potential of conflict with Iraq, many thousands of Americans dying. And whether you agreed with me or disagreed with me on the issue, there's no doubting -- and you can't rewrite history -- I was a very effective voice in the anti-war effort in the campaign to keep inspectors on the ground.

ahh, so bush set him up, to shut him up! :D the little cocktease musta been a CIA agent, and he just wanted to meet with her to discuss her problems in life and be sorta like a mentor or something.

Wow! What a spectacular and convenient find! Were there any WMD in this folder as well?