[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iran War Under Way

CaP'N GRuNGe

Of course.

Hey, I hope we don't go to war with Iran. I hope they back down. I just don't think things look good and like with Iraq I think the admin isn't all that sad about that. The PNAC crew have a preconceived agenda regarding the middle east and that is to take strategic control under the name of security and spreading freedom. You can debate whether or not that agenda is good for America or not. My main problem with them is how they distort the reasons for going to war and aren't candid with the American people about their agenda.

Throw in all the corruption, cronyism, and massive expense in lives and dollars and I get a bit pissed off.

1302562[/snapback]

so you think "the neocons" are manufacturing the brinksmanship policy being pursued by iran's leaders? is that your argument? :D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be utter lunacy to go to war with Iran IF the intent is to invade, occupy and transition to democracy. We don't have the manpower, absent a full draft, and maybe not even then. Iran is four times the size and three times the population of Iraq and it is chock full of religious maniacs, which Iraq wasn't (not at the start anyway - it is now).

If the intent is to wipe out their uranium enrichment facilities and other WMD capability without invasion and occupation, it's doable.

so you think "the neocons" are manufacturing the brinksmanship policy being pursued by iran's leaders?  is that your argument?  :D

1302568[/snapback]

Of course not. I think they are salivating over it though. Just like 9-11 was the green light for rallying the American people to take care of that bad guy Hussein, they love the fact that there's a crazy talking mofo spewing rhetoric right now. I really don't think the admin is interested in true diplomacy. That's my opinion. I understand it differs from yours.

It would be utter lunacy to go to war with Iran IF the intent is to invade, occupy and transition to democracy.  We don't have the manpower, absent a full draft, and maybe not even then.  Iran is four times the size and three times the population of Iraq and it is chock full of religious maniacs, which Iraq wasn't (not at the start anyway - it is now). 

If the intent is to wipe out their uranium enrichment facilities and other WMD capability without invasion and occupation, it's doable.

1302572[/snapback]

yea...we'd be screwed in a ground war

i think the only way we go to war is if israel goes in and we go to defend her.....

1302571[/snapback]

How will Israel get there? And what exactly will they do with their tiny (but very efficient) army when they arrive?

And meanwhile, back at the ranch, who's defending Israel?

How will Israel get there?  And what exactly will they do with their tiny (but very efficient) army when they arrive? 

1302579[/snapback]

i mean with their air force....like they did to iraq....if they do go in and bomb, iran will send up a whole salvo of missiles

How will Israel get there?  And what exactly will they do with their tiny (but very efficient) army when they arrive? 

1302579[/snapback]

Could be complete BS, but the same Scott Ritter who wrote that article that started this post claimed a while back that the Israelis have bases set up right now in Northern Iraq for just such a contingency - meaning an airstrike i guess.

Maybe he misunderstood their presence and they're only there as torture masters? :D:D

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

One scenario now bruited would involve a joint U.S.-Israel precision-guided strike against the Bushehr, Natanz and Arak nuclear projects in Iran. But the Bush administration has concluded that a U.S. air attack against Iran would trigger a major Iranian campaign to destabilize Iraq. The two countries have a 1,458-kilometer (906 miles) common border that stretches from Turkey to the Shatt al Arab terminal on the Gulf. Iran also enjoys wide grassroots support among Iraq's dominant Athenae population.

Of course not. I think they are salivating over it though.

1302576[/snapback]

oooh, ok. so 7 months ago, you were posting chit saying they're actively pursuing, and covertly engaging in, war. now all you can accuse them of is "salivating". gotcha.

puddy, you still think al-grunge is a prophet? :D

i mean with their air force....like they did to iraq....if they do go in and bomb, iran will send up a whole salvo of missiles

1302583[/snapback]

OK. I understood "go in" to mean an Israeli invasion. It seemed unlikely. An airborne attack is not unlikely - the Israelis have an excellent track record in that area.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

puddy, you still think al-grunge is a prophet?  :D

1302593[/snapback]

I truly believe GWB will find a way to have some sort of military operations against Iran before he leaves office. So in that respect, yes, the great prophet that is Grunge lives on.

I truly believe GWB will find a way to have some sort of military operations against Iran before he leaves office.  So in that respect, yes, the great prophet that is Grunge lives on.

1302617[/snapback]

The question is whether GWB will find a way to neuter Sonic the Hedgehog over in N Korea before he departs the office. If he does, I'd almost be willing to overlook what a total tool he's been.

Almost.

Your man in the White House WAS COMPLETELY MOTHERF*CKING WRONG commanding the ship during THE BIGGEST INTELLIGENCE FAILURE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD but that doesn't bother you in the least. 

Time to come out from under the bed and trot out the UN resolutions and buried MiGs.

849437[/snapback]

actually i see that as the second biggest.....so you are entirely right...

Your man in the White House WAS COMPLETELY MOTHERF*CKING WRONG commanding the ship during THE REAL BIGGEST INTELLIGENCE FAILURE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD but that doesn't bother you in the least....and im refering to FDR on Dec 7, 1941...a democrat

my point being this my party is better than your party stuff gets old...stuff has been going for years...just the roles get reversed every so often

Your man in the White House WAS COMPLETELY MOTHERF*CKING WRONG commanding the ship during THE REAL BIGGEST INTELLIGENCE FAILURE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD but that doesn't bother you in the least....and im refering to FDR on Dec 7, 1941...a democrat

my point being this my party is better than your party stuff gets old...stuff has been going for years...just the roles get reversed every so often

1302635[/snapback]

My man? Where have I ever touted FDR? Where have I ever defended "my man" over Pearl Harbor? Where have I ever said anything about Pearl Harbor not bothering me? Where have I ever criticized Republicans in general about Iraq? If anything, I have criticized the Congress for giving Bush a blank check, which, as you may know, consists of both Republicans and Democrats.

Other than that, you made an outstanding contribution here, whatever your name is.

If the neo cons are right about their policies why can't they put them out and let the american people decide on them? Why do thy have to lie and manipulate everyone.

Their attitude is only they are right and the people have to be manipulated into action.

1302635[/snapback]

:D You think Pearl Harbor was an intelligence failure? :D

1302635[/snapback]

That doesn't even deserve a response. Study history and stop smearing people.