[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2005 Co-Breakout Players of the Year

timmyk93

This one hurts.  I can keep Lamont Jordan and pick 5th overall in my draft, or drop him and pick 1st overall and 5th as well.  Young rookie RBs are HUGE in dynasty leagues, but Lamont could be too good to drop!!!!!!!  And the more I research the worse it gets!!!!  Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

854177[/snapback]

Drop Jordan, pick 1st over all, take whatever player you want, and then snag Jordan with the 5th pick.

Seems like a no-brainer strategy to me...unless you don't think he'll be there at #5 AND you like him more than whomever you could get at #1.

I don't share the same optimism about Kyle Boller that I am reading from some people here.... I am trying to find a reason that leads one to believe that he is due this year. :D At least Palmer showed quite a ramp of improvement at the end of the year. I would pick Palmer over Boller every time.

Kyle Boller's 2004 stats

Carson Palmer's 2004 stats

I don't share the same optimism about Kyle Boller that I am reading from some people here.... I am trying to find a reason that leads one to believe that he is due this year.  :D  At least Palmer showed quite a ramp of improvement at the end of the year. I would pick Palmer over Boller every time.

Kyle Boller's 2004 stats

Carson Palmer's 2004 stats

855797[/snapback]

Here's my reasoning as unsound as it may be.

Jamal Lewis is not hurt and missing 4 games due to suspension.

Todd Heap will play more than 6 games.

Derrick Mason is the best WR he's had to work with since becoming a pro.

Mark Clayton was the most NFL-ready WR in the draft.

As always the case in pre-season this is Boller's year. :D

I'm not saying bet your fantasy season on him but assuming you only draft a 2nd QB to cover the bye-week, he's the one I'll take a chance on. Of course, I never take a QB early, either.

I'm not sold on Boller as a real QB either. However, since he does have a very good supporting cast, he very well could show marked improvement. But remember this: Baltimore is NOT going to open up the offense even if they see a flash of improvement from Boller. No matter how "good" he plays, his primary job will be not to lose.

Palmer, IMO, is the real deal. Plus, the Bengals will be behind in a number of games whether or not their DEF improves. Plus, if he plays like he did at end of last year, they very much WILL open up the offense. The Bengals have a pretty decent O-line if healthy, a very good RB, and a great WR core.

Whether you're talking FFL or NFL, Palmer will put up much bigger numbers than Boller this year.

I don't know about a "breakout" player of the year for Palmer, but I sure hope so!

Edited by Bengal Mania