[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tennessee Titans IDP Report

Hey spain -- Hugh 0ne had a question about Kyle Vanden Bosch. I remember when he was a promising almost-stud on Arizona, but have lost touch with what he's been up to. Any chance he can start posting some decent numbers in that scheme? Or are the linebackers going to gobble up all the tackles?

Jim Washburn, the Titans defensive line coach, has had nothing but praise for Vanden Bosch since he became a Titan. The guy has that great motor, but is alot more athletic than originally thought. Of course Dave McGinnis, now on the Titan staff, was his head coach at Arizona. Vanden Bosch has won the starting LE job over Bo Schoebel and Travis Laboy, and Atwan Odom is the starting RE. As I posted in earlier in this thread, I am high on Vanden Bosch as he will get alot of chances. I picked him up off the waiver wire in Fusion before the season. If you can get him cheap, he is worth a roster spot, imo...

Jim Washburn, the Titans defensive line coach, has had nothing but praise for Vanden Bosch since he became a Titan.  The guy has that great motor, but is alot more athletic than originally thought.  Of course Dave McGinnis, now on the Titan staff, was his head coach at Arizona.  Vanden Bosch has won the starting LE job over Bo Schoebel and Travis Laboy, and Atwan Odom is the starting RE.  As I posted in earlier in this thread, I am high on Vanden Bosch as he will get alot of chances.  I picked him up off the waiver wire in Fusion before the season.  If you can get him cheap, he is worth a roster spot, imo...

990218[/snapback]

Thanks, I'll alert our friend Hugh that he made a decent pickup. :D

Hey spain, I noticed in my IDP league that Bulluck is questionable for this week. I can't seem to find anything else that says this in any local paper. Do you have any input on this?

Thanks!

Edit: Found something about his calf... Any news as to the seriousness?

Edited by BiggieFries

Hey spain, I noticed in my IDP league that Bulluck is questionable for this week.  I can't seem to find anything else that says this in any local paper.  Do you have any input on this?

Thanks!

Edit: Found something about his calf...  Any news as to the seriousness?

992494[/snapback]

Bullock strained a calf muscle in the Steelers game. He actually missed most of the 4th quarter. He missed his 1st practice in 3 or 4 years yesterday. But it was just precautionary and he will play Sunday against the hated Ravens. Start him as he will should get alot of tackles against a Baltimore team that will try to run it down the Titans throats...

Bullock strained a calf muscle in the Steelers game.  He actually missed most of the 4th quarter.  He missed his 1st practice in 3 or 4 years yesterday.  But it was just precautionary and he will play Sunday against the hated Ravens.  Start him as he will should get alot of tackles against a Baltimore team that will try to run it down the Titans throats...

992597[/snapback]

:D You're da man, Cochese!! Thanks for the info!

Can some of you Titan homers give me a full report on the 3rd down packages, specifically which LBs are in on passing situations. Kassell has been putting up impressive tackle numbers. Is he in on passing downs?

994180[/snapback]

It depends on the package Yellowdog. Sometimes the pull Kassell and sometimes the will pull Sirmon. But its usually Kassell that comes out. He played a great game today and had an int return for a score.

Hey spain -- Hugh 0ne had a question about Kyle Vanden Bosch.  I remember when he was a promising almost-stud on Arizona, but have lost touch with what he's been up to.  Any chance he can start posting some decent numbers in that scheme?  Or are the linebackers going to gobble up all the tackles?

990187[/snapback]

Vanden Bosch had a great game today! Couple of sacks and was very active. If he can stay healthy he is going to be special this year...

It depends on the package Yellowdog.  Sometimes the pull Kassell and sometimes the will pull Sirmon.  But its usually Kassell that comes out.  He played a great game today and had an int return for a score.

1000887[/snapback]

Thanks spain. Any news on the Sirmon injury from yesterday?

Thanks spain. Any news on the Sirmon injury from yesterday?

1002295[/snapback]

He is questionable. I believe he will play but I will update this later in the week. The guy that really concerns me is Albert Haynesworth. He may not play against the Rams Sunday. This loss would be HUGH! Albert is a beast and the titans desperately need him. I will update later...

Spain, what's up with Bulluck?  I am giving up points every week at the LB position in my IDP league.  He has not had anything close to a dominant game this year.  I'm a bit worried after 4 weeks.  I can't drop him for general principle, but maybe I should pick up another LB???????

1041286[/snapback]

He said on his radio show last night that teams are splitting the TE at wide to his side making him play wider. Then they run to the other side of the field away from him. Well, at least, thats his story.

• 3 weeks later...

Kyle Vanden Bosch has turned out to be a very pleasant surprise after being acquired in the off season for the veteran minimum. Antwan Odom has been coming on as well. Tank Williams has been a pretty big disappointment to me. Pacman Jones is a rookie and makes alot of mistakes, but you can see he has a great deal of talent. He just needs some time. Sirmon and Kassell are steady players. Nothing really new to report.