[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DMD

CaptainHook

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will have to remain open though there are very, very few here that are not huddle members. If you want me to ban a non-huddle member, the neccessary bar is not very high.

They will have to remain open though  there are very, very few here that are not huddle members. If you want me to ban a non-huddle member, the neccessary bar is not very high.

857505[/snapback]

I have never recommended that you ban anyone for anything. And I have been witness to some pretty abhorrent behavior in my time here. But I would love to see the boards be for paying members only. I dont understand why you think open boards is a good thing david.

My money is coming DMD as promised. I'm paying for the fact the opinions and info I get off this board is valued. And 20 dollars a year is a deal for the work that they put into this board and what I get out of it. This is no ass kissing attempt, this is the truth. :D

Probably because folks are more likely to pay for a membership after hanging out on the boards.  Its good advertising, although annoying.

857518[/snapback]

True, but you can let guests drop by the boards and read them for free. If a person actually wants to join the free-for-all, let them ante up their $$$ for the site.

True, but you can let guests drop by the boards and read them for free.  If a person actually wants to join the free-for-all, let them ante up their $$$ for the site.

857552[/snapback]

I agree! If you're going to post you need to pay up. :D

A wise man once said...... Ass, gas, or grass....cuz nobody rides for free. :D

True, but you can let guests drop by the boards and read them for free.  If a person actually wants to join the free-for-all, let them ante up their $$$ for the site.

857552[/snapback]

Yeah best of both worlds...........

857552[/snapback]

This is actually a VERY good suggestion. How about a vote DMD?

(as if we run the place. :D )

again, it is no longer as simple as it once was when we had everything on one server with the site. There are a number of complications now that the leagues MB and the main MB are in one place, plus the reality is that very few people here are not members. The boards can attract new people that drop by the site, but number of people that would visit the site, go to the MB and hang out and yet not be a member is miniscule.

Personally, I would like it to be members only but even I understand why it cannot be at least for the forseeable future and the reality is that this almost exclusively is a members only board.

again, it is no longer as simple as it once was when we had everything on one server with the site. There are a number of complications now that the leagues MB and the main MB are in one place, plus the reality is that very few people here are not members. The boards can attract new people that drop by the site, but number of people that would visit the site, go to the MB and hang out and yet not be a member is miniscule.

Personally, I would like it to be members only but even I understand why it cannot be at least for the forseeable future and the reality is that this almost exclusively is a members only board.

857599[/snapback]

Is it possible to have a "$" icon or something along those lines next to the screen name of those that are paid members?

Is it possible to have a "$" icon or something along those lines next to the screen name of those that are paid members?

857694[/snapback]

That's actually not a bad idea. Some way to distinguish the fine upstanding members of the huddle from the freeloading riff raff. That way we can be really nice to the newcomers. Right guys?

Read for free , pay to post!