Sign in to follow this  
CaptainHook

DMD

Are they going to be free again this year? Or for members only?

Are they going to be free again this year?  Or for members only?

857491[/snapback]

:D:D:D did somebody say members only?

They will have to remain open though there are very, very few here that are not huddle members. If you want me to ban a non-huddle member, the neccessary bar is not very high.

They will have to remain open though  there are very, very few here that are not huddle members. If you want me to ban a non-huddle member, the neccessary bar is not very high.

857505[/snapback]

I have never recommended that you ban anyone for anything. And I have been witness to some pretty abhorrent behavior in my time here. But I would love to see the boards be for paying members only. I dont understand why you think open boards is a good thing david.

I dont understand why you think open boards is a good thing david.

857507[/snapback]

I don't either.

I don't either.

857517[/snapback]

Probably because folks are more likely to pay for a membership after hanging out on the boards. Its good advertising, although annoying.

But now that Gators is gone, how many people will actually stick around?

My money is coming DMD as promised. I'm paying for the fact the opinions and info I get off this board is valued. And 20 dollars a year is a deal for the work that they put into this board and what I get out of it. This is no ass kissing attempt, this is the truth. :D

Probably because folks are more likely to pay for a membership after hanging out on the boards.  Its good advertising, although annoying.

857518[/snapback]

True, but you can let guests drop by the boards and read them for free. If a person actually wants to join the free-for-all, let them ante up their $$$ for the site.

True, but you can let guests drop by the boards and read them for free.  If a person actually wants to join the free-for-all, let them ante up their $$$ for the site.

857552[/snapback]

I agree! If you're going to post you need to pay up. :D

A wise man once said...... Ass, gas, or grass....cuz nobody rides for free. :D

True, but you can let guests drop by the boards and read them for free.  If a person actually wants to join the free-for-all, let them ante up their $$$ for the site.

857552[/snapback]

Yeah best of both worlds...........

857552[/snapback]

This is actually a VERY good suggestion. How about a vote DMD?

(as if we run the place. :D )

again, it is no longer as simple as it once was when we had everything on one server with the site. There are a number of complications now that the leagues MB and the main MB are in one place, plus the reality is that very few people here are not members. The boards can attract new people that drop by the site, but number of people that would visit the site, go to the MB and hang out and yet not be a member is miniscule.

Personally, I would like it to be members only but even I understand why it cannot be at least for the forseeable future and the reality is that this almost exclusively is a members only board.

It's good business to let people come in and make themselves at home. Give them a taste before they buy in.

Unless... of course... we are all complete dicks to them... :D

again, it is no longer as simple as it once was when we had everything on one server with the site. There are a number of complications now that the leagues MB and the main MB are in one place, plus the reality is that very few people here are not members. The boards can attract new people that drop by the site, but number of people that would visit the site, go to the MB and hang out and yet not be a member is miniscule.

Personally, I would like it to be members only but even I understand why it cannot be at least for the forseeable future and the reality is that this almost exclusively is a members only board.

857599[/snapback]

Is it possible to have a "$" icon or something along those lines next to the screen name of those that are paid members?

Unless... of course... we are all complete dicks to them...  :D

857668[/snapback]

You must have us confused with some other bunch of FF'ers. :D

Is it possible to have a "$" icon or something along those lines next to the screen name of those that are paid members?

857694[/snapback]

That's actually not a bad idea. Some way to distinguish the fine upstanding members of the huddle from the freeloading riff raff. That way we can be really nice to the newcomers. Right guys?

Read for free , pay to post!

What makes you think that requiring a paid membership to post here would keep the riffraff out?

857709[/snapback]

Never has before.

I say we murder any person that tries to sign up for the huddle from now on. The members are set!

What makes you think that requiring a paid membership to post here would keep the riffraff out?

857709[/snapback]

we really need a "tongue in cheek" graemlin.