[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breeds of Dog

Savage Beatings

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an Akita. They love (to eat) kids and will just add a 2nd layer of carpet to your home.

I've got a lab and wouldn't trade her. She loves kids but is still quite young herself and plays a little rough. She does shed in the summer but not bad. Build a run in your backyard. Definitely the best thing you can do if your yard isn't fenced.

Very sorry for you!    :D

1272382[/snapback]

Thanks guys for the concern.

We still have her 12 year old litter mate so it helps a lot, although he is quite lost right now.

Enjoy your pup Savage he looks he's just looking to cause Dad some trouble down the line, :D

Thanks guys for the concern.

We still have her 12 year old litter mate so it helps a lot, although he is quite lost right now.

Enjoy your pup Savage he looks he's just looking to cause Dad some trouble down the line,  :D

1272394[/snapback]

I'll vouch that Corgis do get into trouble.

Don't want to bring this post down but we lost one of ours today. She was 12 and had congested heart problem.  :D

1272379[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that. My two black lab sisters are 12 this year. I don't know what I'm going to do when the day comes :D.

sorry to hear about that Aqua.

We've always had the best luck with mutts, but friends have a rescued racing greyhound that is awsome. Great with the babys. She does eat out of the catbox once in a while, but who doesn't? :D

Whatever you pick, do yourself a favor and take a handful of dog food or treats with you when you meet it. Put some on the ground for it to eat, then move near the dog with your hand. If it growls or snaps, don't take it home! Aggressive dogs that are protective around food always snap at kids and you'll never get them to change.

A buddy of mine had a great dog for years which was friendly and sweet until one day the baby grabbed him while he was eating and it bit her pretty good. She ended up with stiches in the face and arm, the dog ended up in the garden.

Don't want to bring this post down but we lost one of ours today. She was 12 and had congested heart problem.  :D

1272379[/snapback]

My condolences. Hoist one (or many) in her memory. The unconditional love of a good dog is one of life's treasures.

Didn't read through the whole thread, but used the search function which came up with nothing....

KEESHOND! The best dog you could ever hope for! Smart. Fun. Medium sized (40+ lbs). Love kids. Will protect the home. Beautiful. Unique. They don't shed (though they do "blow" - lose their undercoat in large clumps once a year). Just a great great dog breed! :D

1272379[/snapback]

My sympathy, Aqua! Puttin' a dog down is probably the second worst thing I had to do. Burying my Dad & friends ranks #1. :D

1272379[/snapback]

My heart goes out to you and the family aqua. Its been about 2 months for us and we still cry whenever we mention his name. Savage that pup looks like hes going to be a great dog. I remember your thread when you had to put your dog down and its good to see you happy about a new addition. My 2 goldendoodles are awesome. They are very smart and doing an excellent job potty training. They bite like all puppies do with those little needle teeth so that a bit of a problem with my daughters but it will stop . Enjoy your dog .I hope he brings you and the family many many years of good times and companionship.

Aqua, that is sad, but 12 years is a full life. I've lost three of them way too young. The ones that made it to old age were a real blessing. Be grateful, if you can for such a long and happy life fer yer pup. I go through a period of mourning for my lost pups.... and then, when I've paid proper respect, get a new one.

I'm big on getting mutts.... the local dog pound is a great place to save a life. many of them are problem dogs, but with some stern training a lottsa love, they come around.