[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Make a prediction about the coming College Footbal

DonVito

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I think Oklahoma will be Texas is because it's all psychological. Not only that, but everyone thinks Oklahoma will be so terrible. Reminds me a lot of the 1997 Ohio State Buckeyes, who lost a boat load of players after there (shoulda been) national championship 1996 squad. Most publications had them tabbed as a let down for 1997, and all they did was be undefeated going into the Michigan game, where granted they lost, but they were in the NC hunt right up until the final weekend.

As for Oklahoma this year, Losing Jason White, I personally think, will be addition by subtraction. He was a liability against teams with any kind of speed on defense. They have Adrian Peterson who brings a great running game. I look at Texas, and yeah, Vince Young is great, he single handidly beat Michigan (whose defense wasn't as good as you see from normal Wolverine stoppers). But you knew going into that game that Michigan was gonna have a hard time stopping the mobile Young (see Drew Stanton, and see Troy Smith). All it woulda taken, was ONE stop. One tackle, and we wouldn't even be talking about Texas right now. I think they WILL probably finish with 1 or 2 losses again this year, probably losing to Oklahoma for sure, and if Ohio State can live up to their potential, should get pasted by the Buckeyes in Columbus. If it was in Austin, I think Texas would paste Ohio State, but the Buckeyes don't play on the road.

I predict that college football will bore the crap out of me again with their 4 hour games, the endless chest thumping of ignorant fans, and Kirk Herbstreit or whatever you call him.

869410[/snapback]

Wake Up!! College Football is one of the greatest sporting events to watch. Beats the hell out of pro sports any day!! :D:D

I think that the Big Twelve will be a great race. I think that the winner will be the team that only suffers one loss. Texas, A&M, OU, and call me crazy but the new look Pokes will be solid in the south. With the pass happy Tech always a threat. The North has Nebraska and Iowa State (who I think will be the class of the North).

Texas will leave the first game with a win, isn't Troy Smith suspended for a couple of games? Without him at QB the Buckeyes can't do anything on O, see first half of last season. If Smith plays the first game then it is a battle.

The SEC will be won by a suprising Alabama team who shocks the world. They have talent and just need to stay healthy. Auburn lost a ton, LSU has a terrible coach (I work at Ok. State) in Les "Up the Middle" Miles, when has he finished a season with less than 4 losses. I think that Florida will win the East but it will be with a loss or two. I grew up in Lexington, KY and UK will not win a single game in the SEC this season.

The PAC-10 will be a rout with USC cruising on their way to a NC game appearance.

The ACC will produce the opponent to USC. Who ever survives the Va. Tech-Miami game will take the title in the ACC and play USC.

The Big East will be won by newcomer Louisville who will lose one game on their way to their first BCS game.

The Big Ten, I am an Ohio State fan, but it is the school from that state that I will not mention to lose. if the play smart they should win the conference since they are hosting the best rivalry in college football this year.

Warning to all of college football: Be Afraid Of Charlie Weis. Be Very Afraid.

9-2. Loss in thw Big House & USC. But if they pull the upset in Michigan, all bets are off.

" I can guarantee a substantial schematic advantage, every week."

-Charlie Weis and his 4 Super Bowl Rings.

Kansas State will be lucky to win four games this year.  :D  They are re-building this year and will not be back to winning form until 2006.

894183[/snapback]

Yeah, but who else is there in the north?

Mizzou? Could they actually reach potential?

Iowa St. was a huge abberation last year...not going to happen agian...

NU is in your situation...

kU...well...yeah...

Colorado has the potential, but refuses to show it.

It's wide open...even for K-State.

3) The Big East will continue its slide into conference oblivion - no way should they get another automatic bid in the BCS...

870585[/snapback]

Wow! That is daring. I can't believe you'd go that far out on a limb, especially with the Big East's addition of my mighty powerhouse alma mater, University of South Florida Bulls. :D

Wow!  That is daring.  I can't believe you'd go that far out on a limb, especially with the Big East's addition of my mighty powerhouse alma mater, University of South Florida Bulls. :D

894893[/snapback]

No limb, just hoping to get someone who thinks they deserve it to convince me why. I see no one would even try to argue it....

I'm going out on a limb with this one, but the Miami Hurricanes will win the National Championship by beating the USC Trojans in one of the most memorable title games ever.

877842[/snapback]

That's a pretty sketchy limb you're chillin' out on.

The Penn State defense returns to Linebacker U status and the Nittany Lions give JoePa a Big Ten title in his last year as head coach.

878175[/snapback]

:D

I think that the Big Twelve will be a great race.  I think that the winner will be the team that only suffers one loss.  Texas, A&M, OU, and call me crazy but the new look Pokes will be solid in the south.  With the pass happy Tech always a threat.  The North has Nebraska and Iowa State (who I think will be the class of the North). 

Texas will leave the first game with a win, isn't Troy Smith suspended for a couple of games?  Without him at QB the Buckeyes can't do anything on O, see first half of last season.  If Smith plays the first game then it is a battle.

The PAC-10 will be a rout with USC cruising on their way to a NC game appearance.

The Big East will be won by newcomer Louisville who will lose one game on their way to their first BCS game.

883397[/snapback]

Nebraska will surprise many this coming season.

Texas, if Young makes a Heisman run, will be tough... if they have any sort of running game.

The Pac-10 stinks, for sure. USC will cruise. :D I hate USC.

Warning to all of college football: Be Afraid Of Charlie Weis. Be Very Afraid.

9-2. Loss in thw Big House & USC. But if they pull the upset in Michigan, all bets are off.

" I can guarantee a substantial schematic advantage, every week."

-Charlie Weis and his 4 Super Bowl Rings.

893392[/snapback]

Gotta agree here. Brady Quinn's a legit QB.