[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you differ from your political label?

Duchess Jack

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forget the righties...he makes me embarrassed to be a Christian.  He is a saboteur to the religion.

870185[/snapback]

Meekness, Jack. Go easy, man. There is no condemnation for those in Christ.

Edify. Don't judge.

Extend the grace that has been extended to you.

Labels aside, all I ask of our leaders is they govern with a little common sense and cut out the pork and fraud. Level with the American people on issues and don't mislead us. Realize that the world is not black and white and that we have to find a middle ground on issues to move forward in this country. I'm for personal liberty and freedoms. The government should not be overly obtrusive in our lives. And yet the government can also play an important role in regulating things such as worker safety, clean food, air, and water, and providing national security.

I go back and forth on the death penalty. Something inside tells me it's morally wrong, but then I see specific cases that outrage me so much that I want its use.

The abortion issue I go back and forth on as well. I can understand those that thing it's morally wrong. I can understand those that don't want the government telling a woman what she can and can't do with her body. I'm not pro-abortion and I think the majority of those that label themselves as pro-choice are not either. I think most of us would want that choice to be life - and alternatives like adoption if need be.

I'm patriotic and love this country and am tired of the Right painting those that don't support a war based on shoddy intel as unpatriotic or communists. I'm all for defending this country and it's people. I'm 100% behind the troops. That doesn't mean i need to blindly follow the politicians that put them in harm's way.

In my mind I'm a moderate. I like to think I'm open minded and fair, but i'm sure others see me elsewise.

Here is some insight into the struggle.

870218[/snapback]

Holy cow, this sounds like a Frank Sinatra song. Do-de-do-de-do, do-do-do-da-da, do-de-do-de-do......

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Yes our Loving God will forgive you/me of our sins. But you must repent and ask for forgiveness first.  If you are unwilling to do that.

Eternal death awaits you.

870235[/snapback]

Let me be crystal clear on this topic. Eternal death awaits us all.

Labels aside, all I ask of our leaders is they govern with a little common sense and cut out the pork and fraud. Level with the American people on issues and don't mislead us. Realize that the world is not black and white and that we have to find a middle ground on issues to move forward in this country. I'm for personal liberty and freedoms. The government should not be overly obtrusive in our lives. And yet the government can also play an important role in regulating things such as worker safety, clean food, air, and water, and providing national security.

I go back and forth on the death penalty. Something inside tells me it's morally wrong, but then I see specific cases that outrage me so much that I want its use.

The abortion issue I go back and forth on as well. I can understand those that thing it's morally wrong. I can understand those that don't want the government telling a woman what she can and can't do with her body. I'm not pro-abortion and I think the majority of those that label themselves as pro-choice are not either. I think most of us would want that choice to be life - and alternatives like adoption if need be.

I'm patriotic and love this country and am tired of the Right painting those that don't support a war based on shoddy intel as unpatriotic or communists. I'm all for defending this country and it's people. I'm 100% behind the troops. That doesn't mean i need to blindly follow the politicians that put them in harm's way.

In my mind I'm a moderate. I like to think I'm open minded and fair, but i'm sure others see me elsewise.

870275[/snapback]

I could not agree more. Except for the death penalty thing. Eliminate the problem. Beyond that though :D

Meekness, Jack.  Go easy, man.  There is no condemnation for those in Christ.

Edify.  Don't judge.

Extend the grace that has been extended to you.

870250[/snapback]

Tell me. Does he bring more people to Christ or push them away?

He wasn't talking about the perishable flesh suit we're all wearing.

870301[/snapback]

ahh yes, another coward so afraid of death that he'll believe any hogwash, claptrap, or outright lie to avoid dealing with it. It seems that denial is almost as powerful as death.

Conservative, which the republican party isn't so much anymore. They've left their roots, and I'm not following.

I'm for small government, especially the fed.

I think abortion and gay marriage are wrong, but legislation should not be passed against either. Too many of my fellow Christians fail to acknowledge the importance of free agency in this life. It is our duty to share the Gospel, not mandate it's principles upon others.

The two main parties in our political system both suck. They vary only in their wreckless tactics, holding in common the erosion of freedom for everyday

Americans.

I am a gun nut, both in hobby and politics. Neither party serves my purposes here.

Tell me.  Does he bring more people to Christ or push them away?

870313[/snapback]

I am just a messenger. The Holy Spirit is what brings people to Christ.

The question is how do I differ from my political label.

One could say that my political label would be a believer in Christ.

I think we should repeal the 17th amendment.

I think soft drugs like pot, shrooms and mdma should not be illegal.

I think the fed should get out of education, taxation and healthcare.

Give the states the choice for things like abortion, education, marriage, death penalty, etc.

Remove the IRS.

Close borders.

Remove Property taxes.

The list goes on...

870077[/snapback]

so you're basically a libertarian. congrats! most people are and don't even know it.

Conservative, which the republican party isn't so much anymore.  They've left their roots, and I'm not following.

I think abortion and gay marriage are wrong, but legislation should not be passed against either.  Too many of my fellow Christians fail to acknowledge the importance of free agency in this life.  It is our duty to share the Gospel, not mandate it's principles upon others.   

The two main parties in our political system both suck.  They vary only in their wreckless tactics, holding in common the erosion of freedom for everyday

Americans.

I am a gun nut, both in hobby and politics.  Neither party serves my purposes here.

870334[/snapback]

I just changed parties from the left leaning libertarians to the Jimmy Neutron party.

The question is how do I differ from my political label.

870343[/snapback]

What label were were differing from here?

Death penalty on

Abortion

homosexuality and child molestation and rape.

DWI and DUI

Free and equal education for all.

funding for schools should not come from property taxes.

War criminals/terrorist should be treated as property of the military.

Use any means possible to obtain information. Humans rights were lost when they decided to kill/terrorize.

Americans should have the right to practice/choose any worship they want. This does not include religions that contradict the constitution of the U.S.

Welfare needs to be abolished and  replaced with work programs for food vouchers and housing to provide incentive to get off government program.

Drug dealers to be treated the same as war criminals/terrorist.

Property of the military. Use any means to get info.

Death row should be 1 week. Should be broadcast live on T.V.

All prisoners and persons on probation will be mandatory to watch or will be in violation of probation/parole.

Huddle boards should be for paying customers only.

abolish the 2-3-2 format for the NBA finals and go back to the 2-2-1-1-1.

870090[/snapback]

Interesting Thread... makes people take an objective look at themselves... I LIKE IT!

Conservative here... however:

Being Pro-Life I do NOT believe in the death penalty (I've gone back and forth on this one for years, but in order to be consistent this is where I've landed).

Gay Marriage (sigh)... I personally believe that homosexual relationships are wrong, but if the State is going to be in the business of recognizing marriages, then it should also recognize same-sex marriages or else get out of the marriage business altogether. I think it should be left to the Churches to decide whether to perform same-sex marriages or not, and then have there be absolutely no civil benefit to the relationship whatsoever.

There might be more... if I can think of any, I'll edit.

Why did you vote for Bush then?

870041[/snapback]

I forgot who ran against him the first time.

The second time I realized we were at war and didn't want a pansy in the office.

Conservative, which the republican party isn't so much anymore.  They've left their roots, and I'm not following.

I think abortion and gay marriage are wrong, but legislation should not be passed against either.  Too many of my fellow Christians fail to acknowledge the importance of free agency in this life.  It is our duty to share the Gospel, not mandate it's principles upon others.   

The two main parties in our political system both suck.  They vary only in their wreckless tactics, holding in common the erosion of freedom for everyday

Americans.

I am a gun nut, both in hobby and politics.  Neither party serves my purposes here.

870334[/snapback]

Jimmy...I think you nailed it. I am going to go back and edit my affiliation aswell and march to yer drumbeat