[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Game On!

Outshined

NHL, NHLPA reach an agreement

Last Update: 7/13/2005 11:58:44 AM

New York, NY (Sports Network) - The National Hockey League and NHL Players' Association have agreed in principle to a new collective bargaining agreement.

The NHL and NHLPA have tirelessly worked at putting the finishing touches on a new CBA that had been rumored to be near completion for several weeks. The two parties began meeting on Tuesday at noon and talks continued into Wednesday morning.

The NHL must now hold a Board of Governor's meeting to ratify the deal, while the NHLPA will have its own vote to do the same thing.

When both parties give their stamp of approval, it's likely that a frenzied offseason will ensue. The NHL is expected to hold an Entry Draft in the coming weeks, and teams will scramble to revamp their rosters under the new CBA rules.

The NHL became the first major North American sports league to cancel an entire season due to a labor dispute in February. The Stanley Cup was not awarded for only the second time since 1893, as it wasn't given out in 1919 due to a flu epidemic.

More details to follow.

I'm happy that the deal is done, and we'll once again be able to see the greatest game to watch live back in action.

However, to all the fans that think they are going to get low ticket prices as a result of this new CBA, this is what I envision.

Fans ==> :D <== Team management

Don't get me wrong, this is how I really feel about watching hockey again this year.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Huddle on the Puddle: Awesome. :D

I didn't know there were hockey fans around here. Then again, I don't think I've ever come into this forum. Smells kinda funny in here. :D

Anyway, we'll finally get to see some puck. I heard ESPN will not carry the NHL. I guess it would cut into their impressive women's college softball coverage. :doah:

Someone will pick up the TV rights.

Someone will pick up the TV rights.

877299[/snapback]

not near to the extent that ESPN did.... nort even close. Losing the deal with ESPN won't help them abit, IMO. I heard that regional fox affiliates will pick up some games & maybe network crap on the weekends..... but i'll be curious to see if anything is aired during the week.

and for those that get CBC..... Hockey Night in Canada will surely be back on the air. :D Ron McLean, Don Cherry & Kelly Rhudy will have their weekly saturday night blowfest :D for all the canadian players in the league. It's so over the top it'll make you gag. :D

The only real professional sport played during the NFL offseason.

I think the World Series of Poker is a more interesting game to watch than hockey. :D

At least ice is being used for a purpose there................to keep the drinks cold. :D

Of course, it's only my opinion, so let the replies fly back at me.

I always watched my hockey on Fox Sports Pittsburgh.  :D

877517[/snapback]

My favorite teams are the Ravens, O's and Pens. When I moved to Hanover, PA two years ago, I found out we still get all the Baltimore TV stations as well as Comcast Sport Net (Redskins talk), a Lancaster, PA channel (Eagles talk) and Fox Sports Pittsburgh, (Pens games).

Hopefully the Pens will get a new building in the next 5 years. They've always been able to find talent, maybe now they'll be able to keep it.

I think the World Series of Poker is a more interesting game to watch than hockey. :D

At least ice is being used for a purpose there................to keep the drinks cold. :D

Of course, it's only my opinion, so let the replies fly back at me.

877824[/snapback]

Finally decided to climb out of the mine pit and dust yourself off for another season eh? :D

HOT NEWS:  THIS JUST IN OFF THE WIRE:

---------------------------------

DETROIT SUCKS.

GO AVALANCHE!!              :D

878275[/snapback]

Now Hockey is back. Game On!

Does 2002 ring a bell? Ouch.