[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle on the Puddle returns !

Down Goes Frazia

well with the labor agreement reached..... I thought I'd get the post go'in for the huddle hockey league. If you've never played fantasy hockey..... it's a freak'in blast. We have a 16 team league here that's run on Yahoo.... similar to the Huddle on the Diamond baseball league. In years past it's been a free league... but I was wondering if anyone would like to make it a small $$ league like we did for the baseball league - $20 entry.

Returning owners ( from two years ago :D ).. should get first crack @ the league.

I'm officially In for 2005. :D

returning -

Fraz

HughOne

Hughy

Brewer

Bier

Az

Blips

RWings

FNG's -

darin3

seductivenun

caveman nick

selly

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest I ever came to fantasy hockey was advising a friend of mine on some free agents for his league. (managed to find him Anson Carter, this was about 3 years ago) It seemed like a lot of fun though. If there's room, I'd like to give it a go as well.

well with the labor areement reached..... I thought I'd get the post go'in for the huddle hockey league.  If you've never played fantasy hockey..... it's a freak'in blast. We have a 16 team league here that's run on Yahoo.... similar to the Huddle on the Diamond baseball league. In years past it's been a free league... but I was wondering if anyone would like to make it a small $$ league like we did for the baseball league - $20 entry.

Returning owners ( from two years ago  :D  ).. should get first crack @ the league.

I'm officially In for 2005. :D

877466[/snapback]

I'm officially back for 2005. Need to improve upon that performance. :D

:D .... i guess we could. Was it 12 or 16 two years ago ?

Why not 16 BTW ? :D

880242[/snapback]

i believe that injuries to premier players are penalized too much in 14 or 16 team leagues...... waiver wire is too thin imo. 10 team leagues-> too much available; 14/16 teams-> too thin.

i don't want to knock someone for drafting well, just want to be able to pick someone relatively decent up if i lose a top guy

I saw a tidbit on sportscenter about the rules changes this year.... all to make the game more exciting, higher scoring & more enjoyable for whatever fans are watching. :D

first, the goalie pads are smaller. 2nd, no center ice red line which obviously omits the 3 line pass violation among other things and will open up the game more for the euro skaters. And 3rd..... they're going to a sudden death shootout format to eliminate ties.

Interesting. :D Unfortunately, as of right now, only 7 or 8 total games scheduled for network broadscast. :D Losing the TV deal with ESPN is gonna hurt them badly. they interviewed Bettman & he said they're working on getting a deal.... but with who ?

As sick as I get listening to Ron McLean, Don Cherry & Kelly Rhudy blow all the canadian players on CBC...... i'll be glad to at least see hockey on Saturday nights.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

I saw a tidbit on sportscenter about the rules changes this year.... all to make the game more exciting, higher scoring & more enjoyable for whatever fans are watching. :D

first, the goalie pads are smaller. 2nd, no center ice red line which obviously omits the 3 line pass violation among other things and will open up the game more for the euro skaters. And 3rd..... they're going to a sudden death shootout format to eliminate ties.

Interesting. :D Unfortunately, as of right now, only 7 or 8 total games scheduled for network broadscast. :D Losing the TV deal with ESPN is gonna hurt them badly. they interviewed Bettman & he said they're working on getting a deal.... but with who ?

As sick as I get listening to Ron McLean, Don Cherry & Kelly Rhudy blow all the canadian players on CBC...... i'll be glad to at least see hockey on Saturday nights.

898932[/snapback]

Fraz, aren't they also going to shrink the distance behind the nets? Theoretically that will reduce some of the grinding in the corners and increase opportunities. They've also done their annual recommitting to enforcing the intereference rules! We'll see on that one!

Fraz, aren't they also going to shrink the distance behind the nets?  Theoretically that will reduce some of the grinding in the corners and increase opportunities.  They've also done their annual recommitting to enforcing the intereference rules!  We'll see on that one!

900490[/snapback]

Here are the rules changes, in case you're interested:

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/rules_changes072205.html