[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle on the Puddle returns !

Down Goes Frazia

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple things here.......... check the scoring cats....... they're abit different. noone could remember exactly what we did last time.... it was so long ago. :D

1.) - I talked with bier last night & we came up with what is listed.

G,A, PPG, PPP & +/-

save%, GA, wins & shutouts

that's what we got. It can be changed..... but I don't wanna get into p*ss'n matches on what we use.

2.) - mark down your teams names here as I don't know all your yahoo ID's. your commish is the bloody blades :D:D.

3.)I'll start collecting entry fees right now.

$25.83 is your bill - remit to Fraz99@comcast.net

drop a line here when you send it & I'll mark you paid. We're off & runn'in here fellas...... looking forward to a fun season/

a couple things here.......... check the scoring cats....... they're abit different. noone could remember exactly what we did last time.... it was so long ago. :D

1.) -  I talked with bier last night & we came up with what is listed.

G,A, PPG, PPP & +/-

save%, GA, wins & shutouts

991360[/snapback]

if we're doing PPP (like we were before :D ), PPG should be done away with. too much redundancy, every power play goal represents a tally in three separate categories. if we needed another offensive cat, i'd throw in GWG...i'd rather see that than a cat like PPG which is completely redundant of not one but two other cats. or drop PPP and add PPA.

but i think the best thing would be to keep PPP, drop PPG and shutouts, which would give us 4 skater cats and 3 goalie cats, a pretty good balance. it would also mean that we don't have any flukey cats (like gwg or shutouts) where most weeks you can win with a score of 1 or 2.

if we're doing PPP (like we were before :D ), PPG should be done away with.  too much redundancy, every power play goal represents a tally in three separate categories.  if we needed another offensive cat, i'd throw in GWG...i'd rather see that than a cat like PPG which is completely redundant of not one but two other cats.  or drop PPP and add PPA.

but i think the best thing would be to keep PPP, drop PPG and shutouts, which would give us 4 skater cats and 3 goalie cats, a pretty good balance.  it would also mean that we don't have any flukey cats (like gwg or shutouts) where most weeks you can win with a score of 1 or 2.

991503[/snapback]

OK... I knew it was gonna happen. :D First off... Az & myself have been discussing what cats we used 2 years ago. Can anyone confirm what we used ?

I am almost CERTAIN that we had BOTH PPG's & PPA's two years ago.... not PPP's. I tend to agree that it may get redundant as listed. My personal preference is to have both power play goals & assists.... not points. ( like we had it before :D )......

I don't care what we have but if there's too much "back & forth" on this i'm gonna just set it & roll with it.

also i've asked David & Whitney to give us our own forum...... should be up & runn'in in a couple days.

Everyone please speak up on this so we're not changing & arguing about it up until the draft.

:D I KNOW we had both PPG's & PPA's. :D Az wants to put a c-note on it. :D Who would won this bet ? Returning members.... what's the answer ??

My personal preference is to have both power play goals & assists.... not points.

991541[/snapback]

i say we either do that, or we drop those, keep PPP and drop shutouts. fairly simple either/or.

and as far as our little memory dispute, i just remembered something. wasn't i the commish of this league? maybe not in the last year, but before that? i think i came up with "huddle on the puddle"...and i can almost guarantee i would not have put both PPG and PPA in the scoring setup. fwiw.

funny how a year off screws with everyone's memory. i hope i can at least remember who the good players are.. :D

i say we either do that, or we drop those, keep PPP and drop shutouts.  fairly simple either/or.

and as far as our little memory dispute, i just remembered something.  wasn't i the commish of this league?  maybe not in the last year, but before that?  i think i came up with "huddle on the puddle"...and i can almost guarantee i would not have put both PPG and PPA in the scoring setup.  fwiw.

funny how a year off screws with everyone's memory.  i hope i can at least remember who the good players are.. :D

991581[/snapback]

I dunno AZ...... no worries either way. We'll see what the masses have to say here & go with that.

I think trojanmanblow was the commish two years ago. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

darin3 = Puck You!

I don't care what stat cat's we use. This is my first year. Please don't go easy on me, though. :D

Any weekday at 4pm PDT is fine - I'll just draft from work.

Fraz - if the Huddle Honchos lag in getting us our forum, please let me know.

Looking forward to poppin' my hockey cherry. :D

Oh, and since when did the NHL allow chicks to play (out of goal)? SYDNEY Crosby? What a momo! :D

OK... I knew it was gonna happen. :D  First off... Az & myself have been discussing what cats we used 2 years ago. Can anyone confirm what we used ?

I am almost CERTAIN that we had BOTH PPG's & PPA's two years ago.... not PPP's. I tend to agree that it may get redundant as listed. My personal preference is to have both power play goals & assists.... not points. ( like we had it before  :D )......

I don't care what we have but if there's too much "back & forth" on this i'm gonna just set it & roll with it.

also i've asked David & Whitney to give us our own forum...... should be up & runn'in in a couple days.

Everyone please speak up on this so we're not changing & arguing about it up until the draft.

:D  I KNOW we had both PPG's & PPA's. :D Az wants to put a c-note on it. :D  Who would won this bet ? Returning members.... what's the answer ??

991541[/snapback]

I recall PPG and PPA, as I usually lost both of those each week, along with most other categories. :D

the draft is set for monday - september 26th - 4PM pst.

start the b*tch'in & moan'in now. :D  :D

991122[/snapback]

I'm out of town working in Philly that week. If I don't have my laptop up and running then, I'll force myself to some hippy internet cafe if need be. I guess I'll have to use autodraft during the day, as there aren't a lot of internet connections in the middle of a creek while you're shocking fish.

And put me down for Scott Stevens.

No wait, Ron Francis.

I mean Al MacInnis.

No, Vincent Damphousse.

Cripes, you mean I have to do research :D

I'm out of town working in Philly that week.  If I don't have my laptop up and running then, I'll force myself to some hippy internet cafe if need be.  I guess I'll have to use autodraft during the day, as there aren't a lot of internet connections in the middle of a creek while you're shocking fish.

And put me down for Scott Stevens.

No wait, Ron Francis.

I mean Al MacInnis.

No, Vincent Damphousse.

Cripes, you mean I have to do research  :D

993860[/snapback]

They have hippy cafes in Philly. :D

• 2 weeks later...