[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Advise

mamaboy

My deal is I can choose between 4 and 12 to draft, scoring system is:

10 yards receiving/rushing = 1pt.

Rushing,receiving or passing TD = 6pt.

Catch = 1pt.

20 yrds passing = 1pt.

So I am thinking about taking the 6th spot to get DD or should I stay put at number 4, I am not high on priest this year, but I would take Manning if he was still there

With 6 pts for a passing TD I would definitely try to get a top QB.

Who drafts at 1,2 and 3 - would they pick up a QB or go for a stud RB? If you think that Manning will be there you have to take him, even Culpepper if he is there you take him. This appears to be a QB led point system so getting one of the big TD throwing QB's will give you a huge advantage.

My league has 3 pts for a passing TD and the top QB, RB, WR all have about the same totals. That would have given Manning an extra 147 pts last year - that is a lot of points.

Even a 4 pts league gives Manning an extra 98 pts.

Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I pick 1:04 too and I have been looking to trade down! I know already that LT will go first then Alexander and 3rd will go Manning! Now I really don't want to be here because I'm not high on Priest! So if I were you I would move down to 6 or 7 and Take Deuce I feel a come back from Hell year!

Are you related to yo momma?

yo momma's boy  :D

901784[/snapback]

No relation. But then again, I have a appitite for hookers and one of my boys could have made it behind enemy lines. So ya never know.

Edited by yo mama

Personally, I like the 9-12 turn as well.  Starting off with a nice Dillon/JJones combo or Lewis/Rudi combo (just examples) is a nice way to start a draft.

902084[/snapback]

The only problem with the 9-12 turn is that there's usually a big dropoff in talent after the top 30 picks.

If you're in the 4th or 5th spot, you can take the Tier 2 RB of your choice, then another Tier 2 RB or Top Five WR, and still have a decent shot at having one of the top Top Five WRs or one of the better Tier 3 RBs fall to you in the third round.

If you're picking near the end of the draft, by the time your third pick rolls around, unless a couple of people have screwed up, you're left with fourth round talent (the bottom of the Tier 2 WRs and the bottom of the Teir 3 RBs). No matter which player you choose, you're probably not getting great value at that spot unless the player exceeds expectations, because the same level of players will also be on the board when you're fourth round pick comes around.

You can have a great draft and win a championship from any position, but given the choice, I would never trade down from a Top 6 pick.

The only problem with the 9-12 turn is that there's usually a big dropoff in talent after the top 30 picks.

If you're in the 4th or 5th spot, you can take the Tier 2 RB of your choice, then another Tier 2 RB or Top Five WR, and still have a decent shot at having one of the top Top Five WRs or one of the better Tier 3 RBs fall to you in the third round.

If you're picking near the end of the draft, by the time your third pick rolls around, unless a couple of people have screwed up, you're left with fourth round talent (the bottom of the Tier 2 WRs and the bottom of the Teir 3 RBs).  No matter which player you choose, you're probably not getting great value at that spot unless the player exceeds expectations, because the same level of players will also be on the board when you're fourth round pick comes around.

You can have a great draft and win a championship from any position, but given the choice, I would never trade down from a Top 6 pick.

902208[/snapback]

Valid points. Simply speaking from personal experience, I've had better luck drafting teams closer to the turn than I have drafting closer to the top of the order. But that could have alot to do with drafting lower tiered players who exceeded expectations (as you pointed out) versus drafting top rated players who didn't meet expectations due to injury or whatnot (ie Deuce last year, Edge 2 yrs ago, etc). Again, your points are well received.

I would actually feel better drafting early....and this year possibly getting a stud back and then a stud WR.... I feel that even though the RB position looks deep but I think that there are way to many RBBC situations..... and unproven backs....