[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need advice on who to keep!

toolman

Hello All

I'm in a 10 team head to head league all tds=6pts 1pt/25 yds rush/rec 1 pt/50yd pass -1 pt/int im not going to go into kicker or def/spe team scoring as i wouldnt hold onto one of those.

Heres my roster from last season we can keep two franchise players or cut all your players. If you hold onto two you dont get to draft until the 3rd rd if anyone cut all players. we start 1qb,2rd,2wr,1te,1k,1def/spe teams and 1 tie breaker.

Pos Player Tm

QB M. Bulger STL

QB D. Brees SD

QB K. Collins OAK

RB D. McAllister NO

RB N. Goings CAR

RB T. Barber NYG

WR J. Porter OAK

WR B. Stokley IND

WR D. Bennett TEN

WR R. Williams DET

WR H. Ward PIT

TE A. Gates SD

PK J. Taylor fa

PK J. Kasay CAR

Def Colts IND

Which two would you hold on to? Im leaning towards Duece and Gates (so i have my te slot wrapped up and can concentrate on rb,qb,wr) While i dont think Gates will top last years td totals he's Gonzalez caliber for sure! I'm the reining SFFL Champion so a repeat would be great! Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all and I will respond to your posts also. :D

Good choice in Gates, I think he is worth it. I think I would keep Porter and the only reason I would do that is because he may find himself in a bunch of 1 on 1 situations with Moss opposite him. That could boost his production somewhat this year IF Moss is contained in a lot of double coverage.

what do you think other owners are going to do? the reason i ask is because the tight end requirement makes gates a decent option along with deuce. on the other hand, he might not be worth a second rounder if the majority is keeping 2. you could also keep deuce and tiki and that would basically be a nice 1st and 2nd round punch to begin with.

what do you think other owners are going to do?  the reason i ask is because the tight end requirement makes gates a decent option along with deuce.  on the other hand, he might not be worth a second rounder if the majority is keeping 2.  you could also keep deuce and tiki and that would basically be a nice 1st and 2nd round punch to begin with.

891653[/snapback]

We have until Aug 19th to get our keepers in to the commish but usually 6-7 teams hold onto players so none of the truley big guns will be floating around ie Owens, LT, Alexander,Manning,McNabb,Harrison,Gonzalez,CPep etc.

The league im in all the guys know what their doing its extremely competitive we have two divisions of 5 teams you play everybody in your div twice everyboy in the other div once to week 13 then the playoffs, div winner gets the first rd of playoffs as a bye. I know if i cut Gates he will not be there and after Gates and Gonzalez quality drops substantially imo I would hold onto Tiki i usually do hold 2 rbs but he's hitting the 30 y/o wall and we all know what happens then plus when Manning took the reins he went to crap. While i know Manning will be improved with Burress and a healty? Shockey it should open up the run I dont want to risk it.

Thanks for the advice good luck this season!

Good choice in Gates, I think he is worth it.  I think I would keep Porter and the only reason I would do that is because he may find himself in a bunch of 1 on 1 situations with Moss opposite him.  That could boost his production somewhat this year IF Moss is contained in a lot of double coverage.

891651[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice I would never hold onto a wr over a rb unless it was moss or owens but even then the guys in my league are rb hawks and if you dont get them early your screwed.My first pick will be the best available rb and then a wr probably. I have back to back picks but it will be at the end of the 3rd rd and 1st in the 4th it all really depends on if anyone cuts their whole team or not i think last year only one owner cut all his players so it worked out nice!

Have a great fantasy year good luck!

My suggestion is to scan those rosters of the other owners first. If the league is competitive as you say, you should probably be able to guess which owners will keep which players. Knowing that will allow you to see what calibur of players you will get with the 3.10 and 4.1 picks. Does anyone have 3 stud RB's? Does the owner of Randy Moss have 2 stud RB's? Who else does the owner of Manning have? Gonzo is a keeper, so who will his owner have to drop? Once you formulate your drop list, as long as everyone has 2 players worthy of keeping, check to see the 10th and 11th best players in the pool. Those will be your guys if you want them. Good luck.

Just think about it - All the other owners are looking at your roster at this moment. They are sure you will be keeping Deuce and Gates, so they are preparing their wish list based on that. You should be doing the same with all their rosters.

Is the draft positions already set?

Duece and Gates are good keepers. There will be several good RBs available to draft.

If you go Duece/Tiki you may be able to grab Witten to replace Gates.

Either way, I'd keep 2.

My suggestion is to scan those rosters of the other owners first.  If the league is competitive as you say, you should probably be able to guess which owners will keep which players.  Knowing that will allow you to see what calibur of players you will get with the 3.10 and 4.1 picks.  Does anyone have 3 stud RB's?  Does the owner of Randy Moss have 2 stud RB's?  Who else does the owner of Manning have?  Gonzo is a keeper, so who will his owner have to drop?  Once you formulate your drop list, as long as everyone has 2 players worthy of keeping, check to see the 10th and 11th best players in the pool.  Those will be your guys if you want them.  Good luck.

Just think about it - All the other owners are looking at your roster at this moment.  They are sure you will be keeping Deuce and Gates, so they are preparing their wish list based on that.  You should be doing the same with all their rosters.

893464[/snapback]

Thanks Weasel Its going to be either Duece and Gates or Duece and Tiki I usually wait until everybody else drops their players before I turn mine in. Thanks again!

Is the draft positions already set?

Duece and Gates are good keepers. There will be several good RBs available to draft.

If you go Duece/Tiki you may be able to grab Witten to replace Gates.

Either way, I'd keep 2.

893627[/snapback]

Thanks Wolv yes draft positions are set we go from the previous years record so i have the last pick as i won the league last year but i get back to back picks which i love! I might hold on to Duece and Tiki and hope Gates is still there and just take him right back and a rb to boot with back to back picks i usually fill up on rb and wr first as a servicable qb can be found in the middle to later rounds.

Thanks again !

First you need to see who's keeping who. My guess is there will be few R/bs to choose from after the keepers. As good as Gates is, a #2 pick is too high to give up for him. I'd concentrate on R/B first. I wouldn't automatically keep Duece and Tiki either, unless you see there isn't going to be anything falling to you better at 1.10 or 2.1. The whole thing rides on how you think the other owners will pick and who else is being kept. I would keep Deuce before Tiki this year though.

First you need to see who's keeping who. My guess is there will be few R/bs to choose from after the keepers. As good as Gates is, a #2 pick is too high to give up for him. I'd concentrate on R/B first. I wouldn't automatically keep Duece and Tiki either, unless you see there isn't going to be anything falling to you better at 1.10 or 2.1. The whole thing rides on how you think the other owners will pick and who else is being kept. I would keep Deuce before Tiki this year though.

893887[/snapback]

Thanks jgcoach maybe a little biased advice there with a giants helmet as your logo LOL

But I am leaning towards Tiki and Duece Thanks alot good luck this year!

My first thought is to keep Deuce and Tiki. Yes Tiki is 30 but he's a young 30. He's only played 5 full seasons as a starting RB. He also averages 1900 total yds a season. You could essentially be keeping the equivalent of two 1st rounders. If your league is full of RB hounds, as you said, then you should expect 10-15 to be kept. Even if everyone keeps 2 players, you're likely to see another 5-7 RBs go before your 1st pick.

Good choice in Gates, I think he is worth it.  I think I would keep Porter and the only reason I would do that is because he may find himself in a bunch of 1 on 1 situations with Moss opposite him.  That could boost his production somewhat this year IF Moss is contained in a lot of double coverage.

891651[/snapback]

Well that is an interesting vieeeeeeeewwwwwwww.

Are you nuts out of all those players you choose Porter :D

you said everyone is expected to keep 2. what would be available if you opted for first/second round picks? You might be able to snag a kevin jones/julius jones/tatum bell instead of an older Tiki. You might be the only person who opts for the draft picks. You could get Deuce and ? with picks 1.1 and 1.2

i beleive i would keep Deuce and Gates though. Gates being drafted in the second round is high, but your league is more TD heavy than yardage. It's quite the advantage to have a Gates with 7-9 TD potential.

You just need to project what RBs will be available by your 3.10 pick. That's the real question. Tiki might still be there, Curtis Martin, maybe Lamont Jordan. There's 10 teams so you'll be alright by the sounds of it. You just need a cat out of the bag pick for your second WR pick (5.10).

I would not keep 2 players and draft in the first round- nothing looks that good to me on your team- Duece scares me

894880[/snapback]

Uh, he won his league with that team last yr........

You have to keep two players. If you keep no one, but everyone else keeps two players, your first pick will be the 19th best fantasy player. Deuce is definitely worth keeping, and I would also keep Barber. I think it is just as important to wrap up your #2 RB spot as it is to wrap up your starting TE spot, and, Barber is typically drafted 1-2 rounds before Gates.