[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's #1?

In a 12 team keeper league who would you take with first pick? I ran the scoring setup through the LAG program with last years stats and Manning, Culpepper, and McNabb all outscored Tomlinson. ( manning by over 200 points) All mocks have Tomlinson going first but Manning outscores him consistently. The only downside is slim pickings at RB with picks #24 & #25. Also have to start 3 WR's.

In a 12 team keeper league who would you take with first pick? I ran the scoring setup through the LAG program with last years stats and Manning, Culpepper, and McNabb all outscored Tomlinson. ( manning by over 200 points) All mocks have Tomlinson going first but Manning outscores him consistently. The only downside is slim pickings at RB with picks #24 & #25. Also have to start 3 WR's.

892196[/snapback]

First of all, it doesn't matter that a QB outscores a RB. What matters is the how much said QB outscores the other QBs and how much said RB outscores other RBs. You also have to consider the fact that in most leagues you have to start 2 RBs and only 1 QB. Also don't get too caught up in last years stats. All three QBs you mentioned had career years last year.

I assume this is a new keeper league, and being that it's a keeper league I take LT all day long. He's still young, and you have a stud for another 3-4 years. San Diego also has a very young offense, so you would think they can keep this group together for a few more years.

Indy will start to show some age soon: Edge probably will be gone soon, and Harrison isn't getting any younger.

Not to mention your drop off is greater from RB to QB.

I'd rather build around a stud RB like LT any day.

Edited by Chief Dick

LT how different ways can we ask this same question so many times and still get the same answer slingblade do your hw before posting stupid repeated $hit.  :D

892393[/snapback]

No reason to be an a-hole broncos. Sling is probably a new member, and maybe didn't run a search. Give him a break.

LT how different ways can we ask this same question so many times and still get the same answer slingblade do your hw before posting stupid repeated $hit.  :D

892393[/snapback]

I think broncos woke up on the wrong side of the bed today! :D

Seriously though, you have to take LT with that pick. Your RBs will be crap at your next turn.

892393[/snapback]

The dude has 3 posts, man. If I remember correctly, my 1st question was something like, "Should I take Phillip Rivers in a dynasty league over Peyton Manning?" Yeah, I got some colorful replies.

In the keeper league that I run, the guy with the first overall pick has already told me that he is going with Manning at #1. While it may be a good pick, he's not going to have another pick until the 12th pick in the 2nd round and I don't think he will get the quality RB @ #24 that he may want. If it was me, I'd shy away from Manning if your draft is a typical serpentine like mine.

No reason to be an a-hole broncos. Sling is probably a new member, and maybe didn't run a search. Give him a break.

892408[/snapback]

Better sooner then later :D

I think broncos woke up on the wrong side of the bed today! :D

Seriously though, you have to take LT with that pick.  Your RBs will be crap at your next turn.

892410[/snapback]

:D

The dude has 3 posts, man.  If I remember correctly, my 1st question was something like, "Should I take Phillip Rivers in a dynasty league over Peyton Manning?"  Yeah, I got some colorful replies.

892440[/snapback]

Atleast that would be the first time I would have heard that :D

Here is the steal of the century for you.

The first pick suprise the world and you draft Manning...

ELI MANNING the whole league will be floored and ten years from now they will all call you a genius!!!!!

:D

Why all the love for Lawrence Taylor? :D

PS: Miscreant had it right with the QB/QB differential vs the RB/RB differential ... hypothetically Tomlinson (1st) and Bulger (3rd round) will outscore Manning (1st) and Kevin Jones (2nd) ... and you've still got the advantage of a 2nd vs a 3rd ...

Lt in a 12 team mock draft - too much catch up in that size of a league in later rounds if you pick Peyton - you'll have Peyton but who else? Peyton for a 10 team league - you can still reach solid running backs/wrs in the 2nd and 3rd.