[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new "32 Homers" league trying to get started

Robash

I know im going to catch hell for asking this but I see everyone use the term and have yet to figure out what it means or stands for. Please keep in mind when answering and giving me crap that everyone was new at some point and probably asked the same question. What does "homer" mean, other then the outstanding father figure from the simpsons.

Thank you in advance to those of you who answer me with out being to harshe (SC?) :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on the 32 homers list for Minnesota for years, I applied back when I was living there.

-DD21

900040[/snapback]

O.K. Hugh said your a homer I believe ya. Now put put me on both lists just in case something happens to all you mofo's :D

Robash - put me down for any team if you dont have a Homer a step up.

I know im going to catch hell for asking this but I see everyone use the term and have yet to figure out what it means or stands for.  Please keep in mind when answering and giving me crap that everyone was new at some point and probably asked the same question.  What does "homer" mean, other then the outstanding father figure from the simpsons.

Thank you in advance to those of you who answer me with out being to harshe (SC?)  :D

900194[/snapback]

After consulting the dictionary, It means;

5. Homer

Homer - A typical well not so typical because he only roots for his team (the local team) when they are winning.

Boy Red is such a Homer.

sigalf03 ill chalk you up for the chiefs

brewer i feel bad for saying this but for somereason i left the jets on the open list by accident, a homer claimed them 3-4 days ago, really sorry about that. you sound like a pretty big homer. ill let you know first thing if it opens up for anyreason

900027[/snapback]

Not a problem Robash. To help get this thing off the ground, I would take the Steelers or Chargers for this year and stay in line for the Jets in future seasons if you'd like. I'll be away from 'puters until Sunday afternoon, so feel free to sign me up for one of those.

Not a problem Robash.  To help get this thing off the ground, I would take the Steelers or Chargers for this year and stay in line for the Jets in future seasons if you'd like.  I'll be away from 'puters until Sunday afternoon, so feel free to sign me up for one of those.

900449[/snapback]

will do brewer.

since ive caused a bit of confusion i will be taking people off teams that arnt homers and group them together, we are very close to filling up. so hopefully more homers or people that want to try this format step up.

also the mfl.com site is almost ready to hve people start logging in, and our BOTH league forum should be up as soon as DMD can find a spare minute...under the name "32 more Homers" courtesy of outshined

You guys do know that 10% of your money will be going to the original 32 homers league, right?

900673[/snapback]

i thought the deal was 2% and my second born?

also dd21 will be the vikes owner, and wolverine will no longer beable to play, so da bears are open if no current owner not assigned is a homer

that still leaves us with 7 owners to go

You guys do know that 10% of your money will be going to the original 32 homers league, right?

900673[/snapback]

I think common practice is for the major league teams to support their minor league affiliates. So you've got it backwards.

will do brewer.

since ive caused a bit of confusion i will be taking people off teams that arnt homers and group them together, we are very close to filling up. so hopefully more homers or people that want to try this format step up.

also the mfl.com site is almost ready to hve people start logging in, and our BOTH league forum should be up as soon as DMD can find a spare minute...under the name "32 more Homers" courtesy of outshined

900658[/snapback]

and hopefully he won't let Yukon do it. '32 more Homos' isn't as good of a name.

Absolutely.  I'll deliver it on the night you're ready to toss my salad.

900678[/snapback]

:P thats not bitter, and judging by hughs post in the tailgate...he just might do that :D:D

also he is the updated homerless team s list, keep in mind that we only have 7 slots available

Pittsburgh Steelers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Philadelphia Eagles(i thought these guys had 20.6 fans per square foot in the states)

Chicago Bears

Atlanta Falcons

Tampa Bay Bucs

current, only 5 spots left

Edited by Robash

:P thats not bitter, and judging by hughs post in the tailgate...he just might do that  :D  :D

900689[/snapback]

Uh, what post?

Anywho, you newb's better be nice, because you're gonna have A LOT of questions once this thing starts coming together. I've been in it since the beginning and still don't understand everything. :D

In all seriousness, good luck, I hope it works out, because it truly is a fun concept. :D

Uh, what post?

Anywho, you newb's better be nice, because you're gonna have A LOT of questions once this thing starts coming together. I've been in it since the beginning and still don't understand everything. :D

In all seriousness, good luck, I hope it works out, because it truly is a fun concept. :D

900695[/snapback]

guess it got deleted, the one chessmaster directed at you, or at least i thought it was you

I'm def in for a team. I'd love to have the Ravens if possible, but would take any team. My bro has the ravens in the other 32 homer and have been following it since it started.

Can't find my message board login info from last year either.

Edited by beandip

beandip your more than welcome to to play, the ravens are taken, and we are in the proccess of assigning the remaining homerless teams to people allready in. then we post a new thread about last call for the remining teams. your addition will bring us to 6 remaining spots.

I'm def in for a team.  I'd love to have the Ravens if possible, but would take any team.  My bro has the ravens in the other 32 homer and have been following it since it started. 

Can't find my message board login info from last year either.

902139[/snapback]

So, we can call you mini-justin, or should we call him mini-beandip? :D