[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Pick.

skylive5

Who do you take?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take?

• L. Tomlinson
    • S. Alexander
    • P. Manning
    • D. Culpepper
    • P. Holmes
    • E. James
    • J. Lewis
    • Trade the pick.

Do you go with the 2nd/3rd best RB from last year? (Depending on league.)

Do you take Alexander who may sit out the year?

Do you join the Manning bandwagon?

Do you just say screw-it, I'm tradin' the pick.

Standard performance scoring w/6 pts ALL TD's.

My problem is this with Tomlinson (or any other RB for that matter):

Fusion Overall 9th RB 3rd

Slugs Overall 11th RB 1st

Emerald City Overall 7th RB 1st

HOT would have been Overall 14th RB 3rd

Outraged Overall 9th RB 2nd

Hannibals Overall 5th RB 2nd

In Fusion, Slugs, HOT, and Emerald City, the QB gets 6 pts a TD as they should. In the others 4. Yet.... QB lead all those leagues and in some by a heck of a lot of points.

In one.... Manning had over a 100 point differential from the 3rd leading scorer (another QB) and a 40 point differential from the 2nd leading scorer (another QB). In most of my leagues games are decided by very few points... a lot of times by decimal points. Awful hard to give up 3 points a game just to choose a RB because that is the norm.

And if anyone has read DMD's article.... points per reception doesn't seem to be all that swell anymore either. So I can't bank on Tomlinson hitting that 100 reception mark ever again.

I'll probably end up taking a RB like I am supposed to.... but I don't have to like it. :D

I'm tempted by Lewis but have to say Tomlinson, still unles you are in a total points league.

Manning's 2004 season comes along once every 20 years so I'm anticipating less TDs and yards, although probably not a lot less in yards. I feel like you could win a league with a wide range of QBs but I'm not sure you can with the RBs available at 24 and 25. I'm certain you can't if you wait until 48 for that second RB.

Manning's 2004 season comes along once every 20 years so I'm anticipating less TDs and yards, although probably not a lot less in yards.  I feel like you could win a league with a wide range of QBs but I'm not sure you can with the RBs available at 24 and 25.  I'm certain you can't if you wait until 48 for that second RB.

894348[/snapback]

Exactly. I'll go LT2

This is an no brainer Sky and you know it. 

894346[/snapback]

I feel like you could win a league with a wide range of QBs but I'm not sure you can with the RBs available at 24 and 25.  I'm certain you can't if you wait until 48 for that second RB.

894348[/snapback]

*sigh*

I have been so lucky the last decade or so in not having the 1st pick. Last year I screwed up my year by taking that no-load of no-loads AGreen with the 3rd pick. I really do not want to do the same thing this year. Just make the year too long. :D

Tomlinson better be all he can be. :D

Thanks everyone.

I voted for Manning in this scoring system, but that was only a slight edge of my brain over LT and trading the pick.  34% of my tiny brain went to Manning, 33% to LT and 32% to trading.

894797[/snapback]

Are those precentages pre-flop or after the flop?

Here's why I take LT:

2001 San Diego Chargers 16 16 339 1236

2002 San Diego Chargers 16 16 372 1683

2003 San Diego Chargers 16 16 313 1645

2004 San Diego Chargers 15 15 339 1335

1 missed game, and pure productivity in 4 seasons. Show me another of the top backs that has done that. Alexander has been good, but no way can you take a chance on him and his holdout with LT on the board.

To me the #1 pick needs to be a no brainer, someone who consistently produces and hardly misses time. That is both Manning and LT but one is a RB and one is not.

Take LT or trade down. If I had the #1 pick and was not going to take LT, I'd trade down.

I have thought about trading. But then it struck me..... Absolutely everyone that knows me, and is in a league with me, knows I am ripe on the vine for taking when it comes to trades. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to trading at all......

So that is right out. :D

I am going with Tomlinson only because Alexander is an iffy proposition at this point in time. If he was signed and in camp..... well, that is neither here nor there now. That and I just can't force myself to take a QB in the first round no matter who it is or how I feel about him as far as projections go. Just goes against the grain.

Tomlinson it is.