[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading my pick 1:04

I have the 4th overall pick! I can't get LT or Alexander as they will go 1 & 2! Do I keep the pick @ 4th and take Manning providing he is still there? Or do I trade the pick and get out of there if I can pick up another pick and swamp place with someone in the first round? If I do trade what should I be looking for as far as compensation? We can trade out picks as far as 2 years!

What would you do?? :D

Thanks for your replies!

depends how far you are willing to drop, and if you really want Manning as your top pick.

I'd look for the standard swap 1st, 2nd, 4th and then some later rounf like 7th or 9th spot. That is fairly standard fare for a first round drop to the 7-12 picks.

If you want to look to the futue a bit, I'd say a simple swap of 1st and 2nd then a move of like your 3rd or 4th next year for his 2nd or 3rd would be fair.

Or, if you want to bulk up for next year, drop in the first this year for his first next year and you throw in say a 4th or 5th next year.

Lots of options, but that is what I would look for.

I really don't like the idea of trading this years 1st rnd pick for picks in future years. That works out nice in the NFL but in fantasy keeper you're giving up a star one year for rookies & dropped players the next. If you're going to drop down I wouldn't drop down too much. Just make sure you get at least one great player to build your team around.

Manning makes sense to me if your league favors the pass. Otherwise I'd go with a back. I'd probably try to drop down 2 - 4 spots & take a James or Lewis. What you get for the drop depends on how badly they want to move up & what spot they're moving from.

It would be ideal for you to hold on to your pick & make a trade once your turn comes up (if league rules allow). You never know for sure, the first three might not fall as you're thinking. Even if they straight out told you "I'm taking so & so" things change & people are often full of b.s. Just make sure you have the fondation of a potential trade laid out before hand.

Good Luck!