Chief Dick

NFL Opening Day--Sept 11

15 hours ago, rajncajn said:

As much as I hate to be cynical, I'll bet that we go through the entire weekend with it hardly being mentioned. I hope I'm wrong.

If there were games being played on 9/11 no way it goes unmentioned.

Mostly it will go unmentioned because they will too busy showing us all the social justice stuff that is now part of most major sports. (I don't see it in NHL, or the auto/motorcycle road racing that I follow.) I get that there is change that needs to be made, but many of us watch sports (and other stuff on TV, or go to movies, concerts, etc) to get away from daily life and its headaches, not to be bombarded by this stuff. It is another benefit to watching things recorded earlier, or even on a delay where I can skip stuff I don't care about, which can include the ramblings of announcers or pre/mid/post game analysis. 

NEVER FORGET  

A friend texted me this morning saying he was glad we visited the Flight 93 memorial in PA some years ago on a motorcycle trip. (We were in the area to go to Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water and decided to visit the memorial in the afternoon.) iI was just before they finished the current setup and sounded like that would add even more dramatic affect to it. Will need to make a trip there again, maybe before next year's 20 year anniversary.

NFLN is breaking into the 9/11 memorial.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Big John said:

NFLN is breaking into the 9/11 memorial.

Howso?  I DVR GMFB and when they started the show off with a bunch of enthusiasm and excitement about last night's game with nary a mention of 9/11 I immediately stopped it and deleted it.  F them.

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

If there were games being played on 9/11 no way it goes unmentioned.

Mostly it will go unmentioned because they will too busy showing us all the social justice stuff that is now part of most major sports. (I don't see it in NHL, or the auto/motorcycle road racing that I follow.) I get that there is change that needs to be made, but many of us watch sports (and other stuff on TV, or go to movies, concerts, etc) to get away from daily life and its headaches, not to be bombarded by this stuff. It is another benefit to watching things recorded earlier, or even on a delay where I can skip stuff I don't care about, which can include the ramblings of announcers or pre/mid/post game analysis. 

NEVER FORGET  

A friend texted me this morning saying he was glad we visited the Flight 93 memorial in PA some years ago on a motorcycle trip. (We were in the area to go to Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water and decided to visit the memorial in the afternoon.) iI was just before they finished the current setup and sounded like that would add even more dramatic affect to it. Will need to make a trip there again, maybe before next year's 20 year anniversary.

Ever wonder why that is?  NHL and anything auto/motorcycle racing are predominantly done by white folks. Where are you seeing the social justice stuff?  NBA and NFL with a much larger black presence. Makes sense, no?  Using their platform to get the much needed attention and change. 

Or were you referring to not seeing the 9/11 coverage in NHL auto racing coverage. I'd think you would. Much of the racing world is redneck-ville and Trump country :vomit: .

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

If you guys must spew this trash don't do it in this thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flemingd said:

If you guys must spew this trash don't do it in this thread.

Agree. Thanks.

Agree.  Kept political stuff in Non-Football forum.

Agree as well