[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Number 3 pick overall

jjpro11

1 qb 2 rb 3 wr 1 te 1 k 1 d

scoring:

passing 1 point per 25yds

td 6, int -2

rushing 1 per 10, -2 fumble lost

td 6

receiving same ^

well i got the number 3 pick in my draft (10 teams).. i was kinda hoping i didnt get this exact type pick, but my luck i did.. so who do i take???

LT and alexander will be gone i assume unless someone goes with manning or holmes, but i doubt it.. holmes seems to be ranked 3rd mostly from what ive seen, but his injuries scare the hell out of me.. i had him last year and i got killed.. 2 years ago and he won me the championship. i just dont know what to do.. i really dont think manning is worth that high of a pick.. so should i go james, mcgahee, davis, mcallister, or holmes?? or should i go with manning and hope to land a couple decent rbs since its only a 10 team league?? any advice would help me. thanks

Though Manning is probably worth the pick with 6pt TDs, I personally would grab a stud RB (James/Deuce), two top WRs in round 2 and 3, and then grab a LaMont Jordan/CuMart/S.Jackson or a rookie RB like Cadillac. You could even wait on the RB and grab McNabb if he's still there. There's enough RB depth to do it.

Edited by budlitebrad

I would take Manning then go RB, WR.

Manning will put up 10 pts per game more than the next closest QB, on average. No player in all of fantasy will outperform the next closest player at their position as dramatically.

In the old days, Manning would be good for 22 pts per game (in the exact format you are in). The team would be down early, he would have few points through three quarters but would explode in the fourth quarter as the team was so far behind, they had to throw to catch up. Further, INTs hurt his numbers.

Now, he puts up numbers from the first quarter through the fourt quarter and has all but eliminated his INT problem. He is good for 40+ TDs and 4,000 yds this season. Manning averaged 27-30 pts per game for me last year. I was lucky enough to draft him three straight years. I won the leauge once, finals the other two times.

Take Manning with the third pick and thank me later.

It is the worst pick this year, IMHO. I'd seriously try and trade down. Anyone thinks they know for sure who will do better among Lewis, Holmes, DD, McGahee, McAllister and Edge more power to you. I've got my preferences but I'm not convinced. I'd rather move down a little and let that list get peared down a little with the benefit of a hig second round pick.

i think i may go the manning route.. i did the math and hes projected to lead everyone with my scoring system.. the only thing is that wont matter much if i cant get anyone else good around him.. qbs arent hard to come by as rbs are.. i will hope to land someone like kevin jones, julius jones, tiki barber in the 2nd.. unless someone else falls that far thats better. then ill take my chance with lamont jordan if available in the 3rd.. steven jackson or someone like that if jordan is gone.. not too sure who will fall that far.

You have two things on your side if you commit to Manning.

1. 6 pts per pass TD

2. 10 person draft

Manning should dominate the QB position, especially with the 6 pt TDs. And depending on how well you know your league, you should be able to determine your chances of landing a tier 2 RB. If you think at least 3 other coaches will pick a non-RB before you pick again at 18, DO IT. You can land Rudi or Tiki, and have a huge leg up on the competition.

The big risk is that the last solid RB is taken right before your pick, leaving you with say, Curtis Martin as your #1 RB. If you think that might be the case, I'd play it safe and pick an RB. You can either take Priest and make sure you handcuff with LJ, or suck it up and grab Edge.

I also have the 3 pick, however my league starts 2 QBs, so I am probably gonna take Manning, knowing that the QB pool is more shallow.

You have two things on your side if you commit to Manning. 

1. 6 pts per pass TD

2. 10 person draft

Manning should dominate the QB position, especially with the 6 pt TDs.  And depending on how well you know your league, you should be able to determine your chances of landing a tier 2 RB.  If you think at least 3 other coaches will pick a non-RB before you pick again at 18, DO IT.  You can land Rudi or Tiki, and have a huge leg up on the competition. 

The big risk is that the last solid RB is taken right before your pick, leaving you with say, Curtis Martin as your #1 RB.  If you think that might be the case, I'd play it safe and pick an RB.  You can either take Priest and make sure you handcuff with LJ, or suck it up and grab Edge. 

I also have the 3 pick, however my league starts 2 QBs, so I am probably gonna take Manning, knowing that the QB pool is more shallow.

899270[/snapback]

im very confident i will land a good rb in the 2nd.. id be happy with either jones, rudi, barber, etc.. its almost a given someone will jump on TO, moss, and maybe culpepper.. theres good depth at rb this year to boot.

im very confident i will land a good rb in the 2nd..  id be happy with either jones, rudi, barber, etc..  its almost a given someone will jump on TO, moss, and maybe culpepper..  theres good depth at rb this year to boot.

899284[/snapback]

In that case go for it. To me, Manning coupled with say Jones, and then LaMont is really solid, and better than gambling on Priest, then snagging Jones, and maybe McNabb or Green.

And you can always back up LaMont with another decent RB prospect with your 4th, 5th or 6th round picks (like a rookie, Deshaun, or Bennet).

well it turned out the guy picked manning second and i got alexander.. i was glad it happened like that because i was a bit afraid of playing catch-up the whole draft with rbs.. i got trent green too so im glad with that.. heres what i got though:

drafted in order:

shaun alexander

ahman green

torry holt

nate burleson

trent green

cedric benson

muhsin muhammad

randy mcmichael

brandon stokley

keary colbert

atlanta d

donte stallworth

byron leftwich

frank gore

sebastianian janikowski

bubba franks

washington d

dont rag on me for taking atlanta that early.. i was pretty settled with my backups and all and felt it was the right time, although washington may just end up outperforming them... i didnt miss any potential sleepers of what was left, trust me. any comments?