[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Day.........Stating your Protected Players

Favreforlife

Looking for some opionions from fellow Huddlers? We post our protected players up to 2 on our draft board 30 minutes before the draft. A few guys in the league have commented that this should be confidential and not posted until all owners have turned in there list. It has been stated that it gives some owners a edge. For the most part everyone knows who will be protected. Just looking for some outside thoughts. Thanks

Are you asking if the lists be put up sooner that that, or they are all confidental until everyone does it.

For that first part, I think it should be confidental until everyone turns it in. Makes for a more interesting strategy and keeps everyone on an even playing field.

For the time period, I prefer some more leeway so I can plan that draft accordingly.

As others have stated, keeper lists should be confidential until all owners have submitted their keepers.

As for the timing, I prefer extra time and give my local league a week from keeper timeline till draft day (though, this year the #1 guy is real antsy to make his pick), but as long as everyone is on the same timeframe it is still fair.

Beginning this year, we're keeping one player per team. As commissioner, all keepers are due to me 2 weeks before the draft. As soon as I have all 12, I'll notify the owners so all have the opportunity to adjust their strategy and materials.

I have our league turn their keepers into me 2 weeks before the draft date. In turn, I give my keepers to someone else, so I don't have an unfair advantage either. This way, we post the keepers on our webpage 2 weeks before the draft so they are all seen at the same time.

If people announce their keepers at different times, and they are known to all league members, what would keep people from waiting until the last minute to see they would benefit most? Like it was said previously, all keepers should remain confidential until all are turned into the commish.

I am very intrigued by the idea of announcing keepers a half hour before the draft. It would be fun to see people going crazy trying to figure out their new strategy.

I have our league turn their keepers into me 2 weeks before the draft date.  In turn, I give my keepers to someone else, so I don't have an unfair advantage either.  This way, we post the keepers on our webpage 2 weeks before the draft so they are all seen at the same time. 

If people announce their keepers at different times, and they are known to all league members, what would keep people from waiting until the last minute to see they would benefit most?  Like it was said previously, all keepers should remain confidential until all are turned into the commish.

I am very intrigued by the idea of announcing keepers a half hour before the draft.  It would be fun to see people going crazy trying to figure out their new strategy.

899137[/snapback]

That is what happens! For that half hour also trades are made for picks if someone who has more than 2 protectable players and can get anyone to bite! The ones prepared just drink more beer!

I am very intrigued by the idea of announcing keepers a half hour before the draft.  It would be fun to see people going crazy trying to figure out their new strategy.

899137[/snapback]

We do this in my local. They are kept confidential until 30 minutes before the draft. The commish waits until everyone is around the keg and then starts to put them up on the board. Makes for an interesting scene, beer flying, guys reaching for their highliters, etc. :D