[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2nd pick

cheezhed

I have the second pick in a 12 team redraft league. Performance scoring (pts per reception, over 30 carries, receiving yds, 6pt TDs).

I would bet my house that the guy with #1 is going Manning. :D

I was all set for LT, but now that Alexander signed for 1 year, do I take him assuming that he will run his ass off in search of the "quan" next season. Or do I stay with my initial choice of LT???

Also, I have another option.....I was offered the 9th overall pick for my 2nd overall pick. This trade would continue throughout the entire draft. Thus giving me 9th and then back around for the 16th overall in round 2. Then we're looking at maybe a Dom Davis, J. Jones tandem :D

tell me what you guys think thanks

First, do NOT make the trade you were offered. Having either of LT or Alexander this season will be a godsend. As for LT vs Alexander, I live in Seattle, but would pick LT. Shaun will undoubtedly have a terrific year, but LT is such a huge part of San Diego's running AND passing game, that he is the most valuable fantasy player, IMO.

I am a huge fan of Alexander, but I would trade fro LT in a heartbeat.

900155[/snapback]

Yea, same here. LT is a fantasy goldmine. If he is available at 2, you gotta snatch him. The receiving points he gets are just gravy on top of everything else. You can't go wrong, he doesn't even get hurt!

If you're quite sure Manning will go 1st, I would assume you will go RB/RB with your 1st 2 picks, whether you have the 2nd spot or the 9th. Break out your own projection chart and see if LT and the expected RB will outscore the 2 RB's you would expect to get with the 9th slot. I am betting the 2nd spot figures would be better. Plus, with the 2nd overall pick, your 3rd round pick is perfect for a top tier WR like Chad, Torry, etc. That said, I would not do the swap.