[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roethlisberger

What's everyone's take on Big Ben? IMO he will improve greatly over last year, more comfortable and experienced. I have him as a high number 2 QB plan on taking him around 8th rd.  What do you think?

900098[/snapback]

i think the offence in pittsburgh runs to much for big ben to be worth an 8th rd pick . to add to this unless pittsburgh comes to its senses and pays hines ward whats he worth and i dare say deserves , the only way big ben is going to be valuable is if they give points for successful handoffs.

Edited by The Darkside

I can't see him with anymore than 20-22 TDs, but he might do better with completion % and less picks.

I think he potential to devlelop in to a Tom Brady type - good for modest points most weeks. With the brickwall defense, you won't see many big plays or shootouts, and everytime they get inside the 10, I think you'll see Bettis at work.

Things change though - injuries and/or increased confidence (or even the media's focus on how little he actually passes) could make them change up their game slightly.

i wouldn't consider him a "high" number 2 and in no draft would i ever take him in the 8th round. you can get #1 quarterbacks in the 8th round. ben could be a winner again this year, but i won't draft him because he's in a run-based offense and his numbers last year were not impressive on a fantasy perspective. by all means, if you like him this year, go after him, but meanwhile, i'll be filling my roster.

What's everyone's take on Big Ben? IMO he will improve greatly over last year, more comfortable and experienced. I have him as a high number 2 QB plan on taking him around 8th rd.  What do you think?

900098[/snapback]

I think the 8th round is way too early for take Ben. He will probably be there in the later rounds. In the Mock drafts in the "Fantasy Football Handbook 2005"

Ben went in round 12 in 2 non idp mock drafts and I think that is about where he belongs.

I would be hesitant to take 2 qb's in the first 8 rounds. I usually get my starter in the first 8 rounds and then wait until later to get my back up.

i love him as a steeler.. but hes a horrible fantasy qb.. very efficient.. if qbs were scored based on qb rating and completion % he'd be one of the top fantasy qbs.. but as we all know, thats not fantasy football.. he can scramble a bit.. but dont expect much from him.. when the steelers get into the red zone, they take the bus out of the garage.

He's in my top 24. Probably a little above Warner and Boller but lower than Leftwich and Carr. And while I agree that Big Ben can probably be had later than the 8th round, I think that's largely because he is undervalued. Chew on this:

- In Ben's rookie year he played the same numer of games as Carson Palmer did in his 2nd year. Yet, Ben outscored Palmer (albeit by a small amount) in both aggregate points and average points per game.

- Compared to Leftwich's rookie year, Ben's rookie stats are far superior. For example, in Leftwhich's rookie season he played 15 games, accrued 1,819 passing yards, 14 passing TDs, 25 rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs, 16 INTs, and 6 fumbles. Ben, on the other hand, accrued 2,621 passing yards, 17 TDs, 144 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, 11 INTs, and an astonishing 0 fumbles. And get this: he did in in only 14 games; one fewer than Leftwich's rookie season.

Big Ben played smart NFL ball during his rookie season and anyone who says he isn't going to improve this year is smoking crack. But the fact is during his first season under center he out played both Palmer's first season under center in 2005 and Leftwich's first season under center in 2004. Yet, both Leftwich and Palmer will be drafted before Ben in most leagues.

Seriously, go crunch the numbers on Ben, forecast a conservative improvement during his 2nd season, then project some stats out over 16 games. What you're going to see is solid, stable value that will be available far later than comperable #2 QBs.

Edited by yo mama